ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-23-2012   #21
brentoleary

Default Re: air bleed with plenum coolant bypass

I have all my parts ready to go back in and I'm off all day tomorrow! Anyone have the torque values and sequence for the injector housing bolts and coolant pipe bolts? I found the info for the plenum, but can't seem to find the injector housing info in my service manual or on line.
brentoleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #22
brentoleary

Got it all put back together and it runs great with no leaks. I took a few pictures (not very good ones) below. Wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the help! Couldn't have done it without it!

brentoleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #23
POWERBRAKEBOB

I may be wrong, but it appears to me that the crossover hose set is only brought up to circulate hot water around the throttle body. THAT I bypassed when I bought the car new. I just ran a rubber hose under the plenum to connect back to the tank. I like the look of plugging the water ports. It looks to me that the large coolant return tubes carry coolant back to the upper radiator hoses from the same place as the TB heating hoses. There would be no air pocket as the main returns are located in the same place. I would rather cool down the plenum and ram tubes as much as possible.
POWERBRAKEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #24
POWERBRAKEBOB

I had bypassed the coolant from around the throttle body on mine back in 1990, as I had done on both my 1985 and 1989 cars. I actually showed that trick to Guldstrand when he was at my shop in 1985.
I DO like, since I'm not using hot coolant around the throttle blades, to eliminate that hose system that returns back to the overflow system. I will be powdercoated the entire top side of the engine in Silver miniflake soon. It seems to me that with the water returns just under the plenum, that there could not be any air trapped there.
IF there was an inch of trapped air in the plenum ports, all the better. I don't want any added heat into the plenum.
POWERBRAKEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote