Default Some Love From Hagerty...

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...dnesday_Oct_02

Sent from my SM-G955U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
mcich7781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019   #2
lfalzarano

Default Re: Some Love From Hagerty...

Great write up and thanks for sharing.

My personal opinion is that buyers come to the forum for pricing, and that the response is “that price is too high” or “the car hasn’t been updated with new injectors etc.” When someone offers a price in the $25K - $35K range, the price police dump on the cars. It’s sad, that we deride the asking price, but wish our cars were worth that level. We are the official voice of the ZR-1, and should back these sellers and deride those that “give their cars away” for quick sales to meet some financial issue. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 10-02-2019   #3
tgonyaw

Thanks for posting.

These cars still stay around 20% to 40% of the sticker price depending on miles and condition.

I purchased mine after lurking on this site for a couple of years. I do not do much repair work, so my cost will be unique to me. I think these cars will remain the place holder corvette for getting global attention.

An in-law's son who was home for Christmas had an extended 40 minute conversation with me about the ZR-1 after learning I had one. I was shocked he even new about them! (They are an electro-mechanical delight).

So where else can you get a factory integrated wide body, 400/500 HP, great touring ride and handling with tires that do not crack for about $16000 to $28000 with minimal depreciation?

Thanks for reading.
tgonyaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019   #4
TX '90 ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfalzarano View Post
Great write up and thanks for sharing.

My personal opinion is that buyers come to the forum for pricing, and that the response is “that price is too high” or “the car hasn’t been updated with new injectors etc.” When someone offers a price in the $25K - $35K range, the price police dump on the cars. It’s sad, that we deride the asking price, but wish our cars were worth that level. We are the official voice of the ZR-1, and should back these sellers and deride those that “give their cars away” for quick sales to meet some financial issue. JMHO

I agree with you Lou,
Except for a few exceptions, the cars priced at what appears to be low are priced that way for a reason. Most will need considerable attention to bring them to the level of the cars priced @ 25k-30k. It is deceivingly easy to spend several thousand $ addressing all the issues.
The typical car being sold by someone familiar with the cars will have all the usual issues addressed. I would say this would include most cars being sold by ZR1.net members.
1990 #442
TX '90 ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019   #5
rush91

Great article, thanks for posting.....I always hate reading he comments following the story. Half are talking out of their a$$es, the other half never even owned a Z. I think our cars will always hover around the $20,000 - $30,000 range for a good condition driver. I had to have mine re-appraised recently, and it was appraised higher than when i bought it 3 years ago.....weird. But I didn't buy mine as an investment, I bought to drive that sweet LT5!!
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019   #6
FormulaReed

What amazes me in the comment section is how polarizing the styling of the C4 is. Must be a generational thing, I think it’s the best looking vette, but I’m 37 and had a zr1 poster on my wall when I was a kid, so I might be biased.
FormulaReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019   #7
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Interest levels on ZR-1's are up, and up quite a bit.
Inbound calls and emails have risen substantially in 2019.
So far this year, I have sold 6 ZR-1's at fair but strong prices commensurate with the car's quality and current condition.
Buyers crave information, pictures and facts.
Four of the 6 buyers are new to ZR-1's.
Initial questions focus on parts scarcity, maintenance history, and places and people able to perform repairs.
Hagerty's prices MAY be accurate for cars with mileage and limited history, but not for cars that have been well cared for with documented repair histories. Those cars command higher prices, and buyers understand that.
This suggests that owners need to retain those documents that memorialize what has been done to the car throughout it's life.
Certainly window stickers (Moroney Labels), purchase orders, and owner histories should be available.
Repair and maintenance records should be together and in chronological order showing what needed repair, and what preventative maintenance was performed.
Five of the 6 sold were bone stock cars with no modifications.
Most all buyers spoke of plans to have the car judged almost immediately.
Reasons given were to evidence the car's authenticity and pedigree.
Two of the six left the country.
One to the Middle East, the other to Germany.

This information is being shared in an effort to help current owners better understand what buyers are looking for so that they are ready for a future sale somewhere down the road.

Your opinions and experience may be the same or vastly different.
What I have expressed above are actual facts from current sales.

One over-arching theme has been VERY EDUCATED LOOKERS and BUYERS!
They all had studied-up, and had wide ranging searches.
These are not folks who would have responded to weak ads with few pictures and facts.

Lastly, average time to sale numbers have been dropping steadily, and inquiries have risen by well over 100%.

Draw your own conclusions, but please refrain from debating the information, as it is factual.

Simply sharing information with our members without revealing any personal data.

Marty
Contes Corvettes
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019   #8
lfalzarano

Marty,

Can you share the price of the cars sold? Just the ones over dealer markups... [emoji16]

Old 10-03-2019   #9
DRM500RUBYZR-1

I avoid releasing information that could be linked to a specific individual.
However, here is generic information on four of the 6.
95 with under 100 miles $60's
95 with under 1000 miles $50's
95 with under 1000 miles $50's
95 with under 35k miles $30's
91 with under 60k miles $ high teens

All of the low mile cars had $5,000 - $7,000.00 of extensive maintenance performed on each. Some folks think that is mark up, but that is expense to get the car "right" or "as new".
Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019   #10
lfalzarano

Default Some Love From Hagerty...

Thanks for sharing. Those were collector cars for sure!