Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-08-2015   #101
C4Ray
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: Purple ZR-1 Road Trip to Yellowstone and the Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cam View Post
I have been trying to talk my wife into doing a similar trip, but she's not a road-tripper. She's about the destination, not the journey. I tried to tell her trips like this, the journey IS the destination, but that didn't fly.
With all due respect and I'm gonna try and make this as short as I can because this is a great thread with all the amazing images provided by the honorable OP Jim. About your wife and her resistance to your wishes... What about you-as the faithful and hard working husband? Why don't you take that once in a lifetime trip without her? Because if your wife loves you for you, then she will accept your gracious once in a lifetime opportunity invitation to travel all over America in a Corvette! Only in America would a woman complain and decline when a loving husband invites her to travel all over the USA and the husband drives! I must say, I am so disappointed why we men tolerate such spoiled women. It is just simply beyond me.

Jim - Great thread...amazing pics and drive safely!

Last edited by C4Ray; 08-08-2015 at 12:32 AM.
C4Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015   #102
C4Ray
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
Sounds like my wife. Anything over 2 hours in a car and she ain't happy...
Here we again... Racinfan83, what about what makes you happy sir? I say leave your wife at home and take that trip! Make a strong stand and do what you want for a change? Some of you may or may not know but compared to the rest of the world, American men are seen as wonderful and faithful husbands. On the hand American women have a very unfavorable reputation. Just sayin'.

Jim: Beautiful topic and thread ... Enjoy your amazing trip!

Last edited by C4Ray; 08-08-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-08-2015   #103
QB93Z

On Friday, We left Grants Pass and headed southwest to the coast of Northern California:

We entered the Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park. We stopped to make a quick stop at the Visitor Center, but it was closed. It seems we have gotten used to traveling too earlier in the day. We drove to Crescent City, CA on the Howland Hills Drive through the Grove of Titans:

We stopped in Crescent City to get a picture of Battery Point Lighthouse:

We continued south on US-101 and enjoyed seeing all of the giant redwood trees. We even drove thru a Redwood:

We drove through the Del Norte Redwood State Park and more giant trees:

to be continued.....
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015   #104
QB93Z

Another big tree picture:

We stopped for lunch and get some gas. Once again, the options were limited. The big tank behind the old pump holds the gas:

We stopped in Trinidad, CA and enjoyed the unusual harbor:

The forest fires that are burning in north central California have caused us to change our plans. Instead of driving from the Pacific coast inland to Lassen Volcanic National Park. We have decided to stay on the coast and drive south on CA-1, the Shoreline Highway. Will still get to San Francisco on schedule and avoid the potential delays and bad air quality.

Jim
Old 08-08-2015   #105
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Jim,

Have you made it to the Oregon Coast. Astoria, Newport, Ecola Park?
Hi Dom, We did not visit the Oregon coast. I choose the "inland" route because I wanted to visit Mt St Helens and Crater Lake, and there are only so many days available in this trip.

As we travel, our bucket list gets bigger. We are compiling places to see that will last us a lifetime.

Jim
Old 08-08-2015   #106
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
Hi Dom, We did not visit the Oregon coast. I choose the "inland" route because I wanted to visit Mt St Helens and Crater Lake, and there are only so many days available in this trip.

As we travel, our bucket list gets bigger. We are compiling places to see that will last us a lifetime.

Jim
I know, the Northwest has tremendous number of choices. We lived in Portland for 2 years and visited the coast several times. Just breathtaking. Put it on your bucket list.
My wife and I would love to do a run up the coast from Portland to Seattle and then Vancouver BC
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015   #107
QB93Z

On Saturday, we left Arcata, CA and drove south on US-101. We didn't want to drive east and risk being affected by the fires so we abandoned or plans to visit Lassen Volcanic National Park. We stopped at the Avenue of the Giants in Humboldt Redwoods State Park. The park road is in excellent and the trees are amazing.

It is very hard to describe or photograph the magnificence of the giant redwood trees. It was like a special privilege to be in the presence of these trees:

We moved the PurpleZ near the root mass of a fallen giant to demonstrate the size:

We left the Redwood Groves and headed for the Pacific Coast. We took CA-1, the Shoreline Highway, from Leggett to Rockport. The highway is 22 miles of turns and grades. The Shoreline Highway rivals the Tail of the Dragon that we drove during the Mountain Run last May.

We stopped at a little grocery store along the coast and got a picnic lunch then sat on a rock overlooking the rocky Pacific coast and enjoyed the view:

We drove as far south on CA-1 as Mendocino and went out to the headlands :

Jim
Old 08-09-2015   #108
C4Ray
Banned
BANNED

Jim: So far in your trip, what is your favorite city?
Old 08-09-2015   #109
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4Ray View Post
Jim: So far in your trip, what is your favorite city?
I liked Baker City, Oregon. It is a retirement town where a lot of the residents are well settled. It is a small town, with an agricultural background. Baker City is trying hard to re-invent itself as a tourist destination. We stayed at the Geyser Grand Hotel where we had the best steak dinner of the trip.

Jim
Old 08-09-2015   #110
8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4Ray View Post
With all due respect and I'm gonna try and make this as short as I can because this is a great thread with all the amazing images provided by the honorable OP Jim. About your wife and her resistance to your wishes... What about you-as the faithful and hard working husband? Why don't you take that once in a lifetime trip without her? Because if your wife loves you for you, then she will accept your gracious once in a lifetime opportunity invitation to travel all over America in a Corvette! Only in America would a woman complain and decline when a loving husband invites her to travel all over the USA and the husband drives! I must say, I am so disappointed why we men tolerate such spoiled women. It is just simply beyond me.

Jim - Great thread...amazing pics and drive safely!
I understand what you're trying to say, but you are wrong. She's most definitely not spoiled, just a very active person who cannot stand to be stuck in a car for long periods of time. That's ok with me, since we have a lot of fun in other ways - mountain drives, visiting wineries, autocrosses, etc. Just no long road trips. Back to the thread, loving the travelog!
'90 ZR-1 #1322 Daily Driver, 64k and counting
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
8cam is offline   Reply With Quote