Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 11-02-2013   #121
efnfast

Default Re: TOP END REFINISHING

efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013   #122
Schrade

Last bolt, w/ alt bracket + emission pipe... WTH is that hairy jam in that hole?

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013   #123
Schrade

I saw a couple of them &*%$ers tryin' to dodge the rag, and I know there's more of 'em hidin' in there...

so I introduced 'em to Mr. Shop-Vac. They didn't look happy gettin' bounced from that party either, goin' through the tube

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Old 11-02-2013   #124
Schrade

Sink (loosely) the last 2 bolts, at the Alt-to-IH bracket, make sure everybody is happy (note to self - don't forget to lock down the Alt bolt)

and how 'bout that custom snapped off IAC locking tang (inset; upper right); should be good for a few HP???

I don't know WHAT to do about that...

Old 11-02-2013   #125
Franke

Schrade. Lookin' good so far. Cleaned up really nice. My IAC tang is gone too. Just curious. Are you going to test the fuel injectors before installation for leak down or sticking?
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013   #126
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franke View Post
Schrade. Lookin' good so far. Cleaned up really nice. My IAC tang is gone too. Just curious. Are you going to test the fuel injectors before installation for leak down or sticking?
Absolutely static FP test ASAP. Just need to do it CORRECT...

Transplant surgery. I sure didn't know that rail / injector assemblies could NOT be inserted whole . When I tried it earlier, just one side, it almost went, except for #6 primary (secondary? like I said, I don't know much) (which was difficult also by itself, here).

Try to keep these guys outta' the dirt between the rail and the IH. As far as I'm concerned, they are STERILE...

clips in the oil drink

one home, 7 to go.

This one fit snug. I gave it a roll, to make sure the O-ring was seated happy, and it is.
But, each secondary INJ did not sit as snug as each primary ???

P side; 8 home.

Last edited by Schrade; 10-19-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-02-2013   #127
Schrade

I actually did sink the injectors before torque-ing the IH bolts. Said it before; I'll say it again - I don't know this mill like some others of you here... wish more of ya' would chime in here before I screw up.

I did 5 'circuits' , torque-ing the bolts; center outward (DO THEY NEED RE-TORQUE-ING, AFTER X MILES???) .

And my torque wrench - ratchet-type, isn't calibrated. I can 'feel' better with the smaller ratchet... WHAT IS TORQUE SPEC???

Anyway,

then set the clamp on the CC tube (in a different spot thAn before!!! )

Grub break I hate breakin' for grub when wrench hackin'.

Last edited by Schrade; 11-02-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-02-2013   #128
Franke

Schrade, According to the LT5 service manual supplement the torque spec for the IH is 19 lb ft . Be sure to secure spark plug wire harness retainer with injector housing rear bolt on right and left sides. should be in your pics somewhere.
Coolant outlet pipes are 89 lb in.
Fuel rail to IH is 19 lb ft
Manual doesn't specify re-torque after installation so I would make sure you hit those torque numbers on the money with your torque wrench. At least 3 circuits around. There is no sequence in the manual as where to start but I do center out in a circle.

Note: these torque specs for the IH and fuel rail is different in the general engine section 6. That section indicates 20 lb ft instead of 19 lbft. Strange.

Last edited by Franke; 11-02-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013   #129
Schrade

Hose end after wire wheel (NOT over rail!!! )

look ok Cliff ?

Last edited by Schrade; 10-19-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-02-2013   #130
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franke View Post
Schrade, According to the LT5 service manual supplement the torque spec for the IH is 19 lb ft . Be sure to secure spark plug wire harness retainer with injector housing rear bolt on right and left sides. should be in your pics somewhere.
Coolant outlet pipes are 89 lb in.
Fuel rail to IH is 19 lb ft
Manual doesn't specify re-torque after installation so I would make sure you hit those torque numbers on the money with your torque wrench. At least 3 circuits around. There is no sequence in the manual as where to start but I do center out in a circle.

Note: these torque specs for the IH and fuel rail is different in the general engine section 6. That section indicates 20 lb ft instead of 19 lbft. Strange.
THanks for specs there Franke; too lazy to grease up the FSM pages ATM, with grease - grub grease!

Half a yard bird, snap beans and 'taters, down in 5 minutes!

I know that's just what ya' wanted to see...

Moly grease, THIN film, both sides of coolant man gasket

set loose

torqued, with crossover elbow temp set