ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 10-20-2019   #11
FormulaReed

Default Re: High idle, flat spots in acceleration....

Just an update to my issue.

I replaced the tps and replaced the map sensor hose with a section of vacuum line. At first the car ran great, but after 3 drives, it was much worse than before. I got a replacement map hose from Jerrys gaskets and once it was in place the car ran great. I learned my lesson about using regular vacuum line, once it got warm it’s just too soft.

I’m putting together an Android tablet scanner so I can properly set the tps voltage, but even the way it is, the car runs better than I’ve ever had it.
FormulaReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019   #12
FormulaReed

Well. I thought I had this issue solved... might have solved this one, but now it’s got a similar problem.

I went for a drive this morning. She started right up, smooth idle ran great. Went to a cars and coffee that was about 20 minute drive from my house. She ran feat the whole what there.

When I left, she started right up and ran good. However about 5 minutes of some stop and go, right about when it warmed up, it started having some throttle surge/flat spots but was still running. But when I pulled up to a stop light she shuttered and died. I cranked it over and it restarted but ran poor. I pulled it over and shut her down.

I checked under the hood to see if the map sensor hose that I just replaced had come off, but it was firmly in place. I gave it a look over and didn’t seen any thing obviously wrong.
I restarted the car and it fired right up and was running fine.

I got most of the way home before the surge/flat spot returned as I was driving up a hill at about 3-3.8 rpm. Didn’t die, but was cutting out. I never got a cel.

I will check the codes later, but any one have any ideas on where to look? Could the map sensor it’s self failed? I’m thinking it’s a sensor of some flavor. Would it toss a code if it’s an intermittent fault?

Thanks,

Reed
Old 10-29-2019   #13
FormulaReed

I pulled the codes today and I got a code 42.... so I’m kinda freaking out that the ignition control box is going south....

Anything I should check? I’ve heard that the knock sensor can cause this code, is that true? Any other tips?

Cheers,

Reed