ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-26-2014   #11
USAZR1

Default Re: Time to face the music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU View Post
Yes one day our cars will be worth something. Who knows how much , we will all be gone by then. Who cares too ? Point is go out and enjoy them now.
I agree,Frank. We don't really own these cars,anyway. We're just renting them till the new guy comes along.
1994 ZR-1 White/Red #152 (sold)
1991 ZR-1 Callaway Aerobody #1332 (sold)
1990 ZR-1 Red/Red #952 (sold)
2002 Z06 Torch Red/Mod Red widebody
USAZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #12
edram454

I have learned one thing about cars in the years that I have been enjoying them. The only person my car has to please it me. It must fulfill my wants or its gone. period. I have had 7 corvettes 3 mustangs etc... most modified making great power. Somewhere along the line they fell short in the end. I really appreciate the engineering in the LT5 and the scarcity. I like it when I go to a show and there are no lt5 zr1's. I get a car that is 24 years old but runs very strong and can hold its own with new supercharged cars. Exclusivity. Feeling special. My ZR1 makes me feel special and that is why I have it. It drives like no other car I have owned. The power comes on so much different than other cars I have owned. It has just the right mods which I like. I got it at a great price. I will keep this one. I dont care if the price goes up or down. I bought cheap so it will be very hard to lose on it. I saw ZR1's at the auction that the cars were not even dealer prepped. These cars were sold by car brokers. Like commodities. Do they love these cars or did they buy to sell for profit? Obvious answer. If you want profit, buy and restore an old mustang or mopar. Get a mid year in bad condition and restore it. Those are money cars. How bought an amphimobile? they bring some money too. I would hate to drive a amphimobile on the street. It must ride like crap. I would not mind fishing from it on the lake. Moral of the story, enjoy your car you only live once.

ed ramos #3028
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #13
Blue Flame Restorations

I enjoy the redline most every time in drive my Turq car. No investment here.
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #14
RICKYRJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar View Post
Make no mistakes none of my cars are about an investment. I was just stating a point.
Hey Robert, I know dat. You are doing our Z community a great service by pushing the mod envelope with your cars. I know many appreciate your efforts in all your projects. Your return on investment is the passion that keeps us brothers motivated.( in our age bracket we need something other than a blue pill ) I have never met a Z brother that was in the game to make money (not that some don't exist) I doesn't matter to me what my car is worth I ain't selling. We should all look at it as a buying opportunity with the low prices, I for one would love to pick up another ZR-1
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #15
XfireZ51

Ed,

Every once in a while you get that recognition that you're driving an iconic car.
It means a lot when you get that from someone who knows, a cognoscenti. The thumbs up as you're driving along. The guy that either follows you, or does a Ssslllllllooooooowwwwww pass. And then it's fun to wake up those others who don't know what they're dealing w just before you blow their doors in.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #16
edram454

Amen brother!
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #17
emmvette

Its like the stock market. We can't predict what cars will be worth the most in 15 years. There are a lot of variables. One interesting point to me is that the LT5 wasn't designed or manufactured by Chevrolet. I'm sure this turns some people off. The other point of view is that the LT5 has a much more interesting story than other engines in the Corvette. I love mine!
Old 01-27-2014   #18
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Ed,

Every once in a while you get that recognition that you're driving an iconic car.
It means a lot when you get that from someone who knows, a cognoscenti. The thumbs up as you're driving along. The guy that either follows you, or does a Ssslllllllooooooowwwwww pass. And then it's fun to wake up those others who don't know what they're dealing w just before you blow their doors in.

At the local car "show n shines", my Z gets way more attention from the ricer crowd than any other group. GM wishes the ZR-1 would go away...but beit the WANNAGOFAST or the CPCC drags in the fall, they continue to get their "come-uppins". Remember the scoffing at the first CPCC? We didn't hear any any the last few years; just a lot of lip biting when a Z comes to the line!!

Considering the performance of the Northstars, and the smaller cousin in the Aurora, and now the DOHC V6 Caddy, and the Ford Coyotes, you'd hope someone at GM would take notice!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #19
8cam

A $70k price isn't a good thing? Once cars start becoming classics and appreciating, you can't compare totally different models. The museum pieces will go up first, and usually haul the others after them. $70k is great news, and hopefully we start seeing more as these cars hit the 25 year mark. So many change hands for well under $20k, I'll bet the average sale price is somewhere around 17 grand.

Do you think the average sale will hit $30k in five years? $50k? Or remain below 20? Personally seeing a low mileage example go for $70k is definitely good news, and I think the average will hit 30k sooner than later.
'90 ZR-1 #1322 Daily Driver, 64k and counting
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
8cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #20
Mystic ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post

At the local car "show n shines", my Z gets way more attention from the ricer crowd than any other group. GM wishes the ZR-1 would go away...but beit the WANNAGOFAST or the CPCC drags in the fall, they continue to get their "come-uppins". Remember the scoffing at the first CPCC? We didn't hear any any the last few years; just a lot of lip biting when a Z comes to the line!!=D>

Considering the performance of the Northstars, and the smaller cousin in the Aurora, and now the DOHC V6 Caddy, and the Ford Coyotes, you'd hope someone at GM would take notice!

I've found there's more "knowledgable" lookers at Cars & Coffee type events than there is at the usual musclecar show/cruise nite or even Corvette shows. Some local Cars & Coffee events have everything from Model Ts to Bugatti Veyrons, but usually not many Vettes.
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote