Default Re: ZR-1 / GS Gathering May 13 thru 16, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZRyd View Post
Seriously wasn't.
true, the thumb isn't a finger.
Old 03-19-2015   #194
cvette98pacecar

How many people are going to pay $37.50 a lap for AutoX?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015   #195
RussMcB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar View Post
How many people are going to pay $37.50 a lap for AutoX?
Nobody yet:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...1#.VQwNI1XF8cM
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015   #196
Kevin

Member to member:

There's a lot we don't know about that happens behind the scene setting up an event like this. It's not just our board that has to work together, the registry is working with the GS registry and the ncm to plan an event. This is a bit like trying to plan cross company picknick at an amusement park, does this happen in any other place then pittsburgh? Never been sure, but I digress. I trust the board did everything they could to make this event happen and put out the agenda as soon as they possibly could, it's not like anyone would want to put in all the time to this organization that they do to put on a half assed event.

This applies to the track day as well. There is far more involved to an HPDE day then showing up at noon, running 4 laps and then taking off to a road tour or seminar. Your day is going to start before 0700, drivers meeting at 0730, then split groups of tracking. Not how I want to spend my day honestly. The day isn't "free" either. We may not have to rent the track but corner workers aren't free, nor is EMS. There is so many more moving parts to just showing up and doing a few laps. Not to mention that not all the antedates are coupes, which adds to the headache of making HPDE happen.

I don't see "powerplays" happening on the board, I see a group of people who are dedicated to a car that has long since aged out of being the dominant car in GM's line up who are working to keep that car in the public's eye and GM's as well. When was the last time you saw GM say anything about our car? It's been a long time. GM also doesn't want to restore the spyder, the board is working to make that dream happen.

I can't get into what happened with David, but if he was removed, I'm sure there was a reason for it.
Old 03-20-2015   #197
GOLDCYLON

You want an explanation, declare that to the entire readership. State you don't want to make any Enemy's then you openly challenge the mods. Even those that have nothing to do with what your complaining about. How about PMing a mod before attempting to stir up the issue here maybe one of the other mods have the answers to your questions? Kind of an adult and novel idea maybe? Maybe you should take a breath, count to ten and rethink what you meant to say. You know all us mods are ZR-1 enthusiasts as well and we all work for free. I don't want an apology, mod your own post and dial down the tone. Your call. Kevin has tried to explain some of this too you as well.

And. PM SENT

GC
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 03-20-2015 at 01:48 PM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015   #198
Meanmyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
You want an explanation, declare that to the entire readership. State you don't want to make any Enemy's then you openly challenge the mods. Even those that have nothing to do with what your complaining about. How about PMing a mod before attempting to stir up the issue here maybe one of the other mods have the answers to your questions? Kind of an adult and novel idea maybe? Maybe you should take a breath, count to ten and rethink what you meant to say. You know all us mods are ZR-1 enthusiasts as well and we all work for free. I don't want an apology, mod your own post and dial down the tone. Your call. Kevin has tried to explain some of this too you as well.

GC
GC,

I was not personally attacking you, nor Kevin, nor any other moderator. I appreciate that Kevin took time to respond, and I can understand everything he had to say.

Your post is akin to the playground bully tempting a fight. I appreciate everything you guys do and am not interested in a fight.

I consider David Johnson a friend. I would also consider all of you friends, but I guess I know him more so.

In my original post I stated that I do NOT know the whole story. ...practically none of it actually.

I did witness removal of the post that attempted to explain part of one person's side of the story. Before that, I also witnessed another post that personally attacked our event coordinator.

Beyond that, I have just been making observations. GC, if anyone is ramping up the tone, you might be. If you took my post wrong, I apologize.

In the end, I hope you read between the lines to the true intent of my message.
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015   #199
Blue Flame Restorations

Some of the posts here have pertained more to stirring the pot and "why a BOD resigned". We have other threads that can be posted to regarding resignations. This is NOT the thread for that topic.

I would challenge "anyone" to plan an event and have an agenda ready to submit by Xmas time. It just doesn't work like this.

And yes, if your post in this thread is not contributing to the title of the thread, and only causes disruption, it will be deleted for violating Forum Rule #12. In this case, you are welcome to start a new Thread with a new title.

Healthy dialogue is a good thing but I will not allow Forum Rules to be broken and that particular dialogue to fester.

There are currently two threads pertaining to resignations. This thread is NOT the place for that discussion. I am directing that discussion to those threads.

Thank you
Brett
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project

Last edited by Blue Flame Restorations; 03-20-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015   #200
-=Jeff=-

in an attempt to get this thread back on track I am registered for the event and the VIP Plant tour
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote