ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 06-16-2011   #21
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: ECM CODE 61

Ted,

Thanks for the vote of confidence and I'm always willing to learn so another plenum pull will be great.

Yoshifumi-san,

Don't get fired from your job.........lol.

I can send you the DVD for the plenum pull since I might not be able to get to you in the next week. It was crazy to have all this household goods today and I am exhausted from all day of this and can barely walk around all this stuff. I did find the DVD for plenum pull though.

I'll get in touch by email.

Take care.

Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #22
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Hey Jun,

Just offering up some help if desired and that would be cool to have a JAZOO.

I will be in Seoul (Yong-san); staying and the famous Dragon Hill Lodge on the base. It should be a nice time, but only 4 days.....enough time to get into trouble?
What trouble?!
Those who love fast cars tends to love .....
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #23
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
What trouble?!
Those who love fast cars tends to love .....
You're too much Jun. Is there such a thing as clean and fast?

Old 06-16-2011   #24
jrd1990zr1

I had a similar situation about a month ago. If you follow the main vacuum line where it goes under the plenum it may have come out of one of the fittings. My main vacuum line came out of the tee. With a lot of patience, long nose pliers and one of those tools to pick parts from hard to reach areas I was able to fix the connection with out removing the plenum.

Don't forget even once fixed you need to disconnect the battery for at least 30 seconds to clear the code.

1968 convertible Lemans Blue,
1986 coupe Medium Blue NCRS Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2529 Red NCRS Regional and National Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2124 Charcoal Metallic NCRS Top Flight 2010 & 2018,
2003 Anniversary Red Convertible (sold)
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #25
gorgeousgeorge

jrd1990zr1,

Thank you for your sharing your experience. I will look for the loose connection with flashlight this weekend before pulling the plenum.

My concern is that the patience required for such kind of work may cause backache..

Yoshifumi Honda
91Z
Nagoya, Japan
gorgeousgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #26
GOLDCYLON

my code 61 was a bad secondary actuator under the plenum and a broken secondaries rod. This problem will require a plenum pull and if Craig is offering to help that may be the way forward for you. The problem with the code 61 is that its a defalut problem code on the entire secondary system. This means everything from a vacumm leak, Secondary pump air problem, Bad check valve and bad secondary actuators (2ea) are all suspect... To include all the linkages and under plenum vacumm hard lines are all in play.

As suggested above I also suggest you get new plenum gaskets on hand before you start the plenum pull. This would be a great time to treat this as a project. I would order new plug wires, plugs, potentially coils etc. This is an oppourtunity do clean out the galley ares (Which gets plugged) etc.

http://jerrysgaskets.com would be a good start for the gaskets you will need.

Good luck. GC
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 06-17-2011 at 09:40 AM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #27
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
my code 61 was a bad secondary actuator under the plenum and a broken secondaries rod. This problem will require a plenum pull and if Craig is offering to help that may be the way forward for you. The problem with the code 61 is that its a defalut problem code on the entire secondary system. This means everything from a vacumm leak, Secondary pump air problem, Bad check valve and bad secondary actuators (2ea) are all suspect... To include all the linkages and under plenum vacumm hard lines are all in play.

As suggested above I also suggest you get new plenum gaskets on hand before you start the plenum pull. This would be a great time to treat this as a project. I would order new plug wires, plugs, potentially coils etc. This is an oppourtunity do clean out the galley ares (Which gets plugged) etc.

http://jerrysgaskets.com would be a good start for the gaskets you will need.

Good luck. GC
Absolutely agree. If you haven't been under there for a while, you are better off simply replacing everything while there. That includes pulling the starter and cleaning out the drain, possibly even rebuilding starter solenoid.
My recommendations are:

Accel Injectors
MSD Coil Packs
MSD 8.5mm Wire set
Put thin layer of clear silicone on all vacuum connections
Maybe pull Ignition Module, clean then re-do heat sink grease
Clean valley drain pipe
Tighten oil baffle bolts
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #28
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Absolutely agree. If you haven't been under there for a while, you are better off simply replacing everything while there. That includes pulling the starter and cleaning out the drain, possibly even rebuilding starter solenoid.
My recommendations are:

Accel Injectors
MSD Coil Packs
MSD 8.5mm Wire set
Put thin layer of clear silicone on all vacuum connections
Maybe pull Ignition Module, clean then re-do heat sink grease
Clean valley drain pipe
Tighten oil baffle bolts

Only he ain't stoopid...unless talking politics, THEN watch out!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #29
HAWAIIZR-1

ほんだーさん、

I agree with a so called tune up/clean up with everything under the plenum as suggested. Not a difficult job as it seems and my better half was not able to ship the video yesterday. She was busy with unpacking boxes so we can move about the house after delivery on Thurs. If she cannot ship it today, it will be Monday to your office address.

You will want to lubricate the linkages and zip tie all the connections of vacuum too in addition. If you don't have the history and keeping it for a long time it will be well worth it to do all the preventive maintenance. I have a new set of FIC injectors if you decide to go that far and replace all your injectors while you are at it. My offer to come over is still there after you decide what you want to do and when.

We can talk more by phone on Sunday and I'm looking forward to talking to you again.

がんばって。

またね。

Craig

Last edited by HAWAIIZR-1; 06-17-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-19-2011   #30
gorgeousgeorge

GOLDCYLON, XfireZ51,

Thank you for your inputs.
I think it may be better for me to take this problem as a kind of project, not just a secondary system trouble. I?m considering what parts to be replaced other than the secondary?s parts. It will depend on the status of the parts, maintenance history and, of course, my budget

Yoshifumi Honda
91Z
Nagoya, Japan
gorgeousgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote