ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 02-06-2011   #31
HIZNHRZ

Default Re: LT5 into GTO project

Quote:
Originally Posted by todesengel View Post
The lt5 is more to my liking, and it will be a one of a kind. I don't need a flashy car, but I like for them to be different from the pack
Hate to tell you but you're going to end up with both. With a nice set of wheels and tires (ideally refinished OE deep dish 5 spoke Pontiac wheels on the back and the standard OE 5 spokes on the front with new beauty rims and lugs) and the Midnight Blue paint with the White interior it is already screaming "look at me". When pretty much anyone hears that LT-5 coming, they're going to look around and see's that painted bumper and hood scopes, and they're gonna think "30 year old muscle car" and their reaction is going to be "WTF does he have in that thing".

Face it, you're screwed. It's a one of a kind, different from anything anyone else has built or seen, and flashy.
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #32
todesengel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIZNHRZ View Post
Hate to tell you but you're going to end up with both. With a nice set of wheels and tires (ideally refinished OE deep dish 5 spoke Pontiac wheels on the back and the standard OE 5 spokes on the front with new beauty rims and lugs) and the Midnight Blue paint with the White interior it is already screaming "look at me". When pretty much anyone hears that LT-5 coming, they're going to look around and see's that painted bumper and hood scopes, and they're gonna think "30 year old muscle car" and their reaction is going to be "WTF does he have in that thing".

Face it, you're screwed. It's a one of a kind, different from anything anyone else has built or seen, and flashy.
That's awesome. Thank you for the reply. The fact that someone besides myself thinks this is a cool project makes me feel better about the work.

Just picked up a siamesed/ported plenum, tb and ih's from scholtmj for this thing
todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #33
HIZNHRZ

Are you kidding? This is a very cool project!

And by the way, I didn't remember what wheels you currently had on the car. I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with them. They look nice.
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #34
ZR1@gmx.com

Quote:
That's awesome. Thank you for the reply. The fact that someone besides myself thinks this is a cool project makes me feel better about the work.

Just picked up a siamesed/ported plenum, tb and ih's from scholtmj for this thing
Very cool! Want to see pics of that! I may have to make a trip to O Fallon to see this in person!
Fun 91 #303
ZR1@gmx.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #35
todesengel

Quote:
And by the way, I didn't remember what wheels you currently had on the car. I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with them. They look nice.
Thanks for the kind words. Everyone has different tastes, and I certainly do not take offense to anyone who does not like the current wheels. i was looking at putting ccw lm20's on it, but your post has me thinking...

Quote:
Very cool! Want to see pics of that! I may have to make a trip to O Fallon to see this in person!
You may want to call first, I am on the road a lot! Thanks for the reply
Old 02-07-2011   #36
RICKYRJ1

Quote:

I had those items on my watch list. I thought they were priced for a quick sale but not that quick. Glad to see they are going to a bad *** project
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #37
todesengel

Thanks Rick,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKYRJ1 View Post
I had those items on my watch list. I thought they were priced for a quick sale but not that quick. Glad to see they are going to a bad *** project

Last edited by todesengel; 02-07-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-07-2011   #38
LT5-1935

Quote:
Nos trans from Corey (THANKS!);

Assorted haltech pieces;

Supra Independent (3:13) rear;

Very Nice project who did your harness and computer??
I am putting a LT5 in a 1935 Chevrolet w/ a automatic (do not have room for the 6 speed)
LT5-1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #39
todesengel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT5-1935 View Post
Very Nice project who did your harness and computer??
I am putting a LT5 in a 1935 Chevrolet w/ a automatic (do not have room for the 6 speed)
I'm building my own harness, and standalone ecu.

Sounds like a neat project. The tunnel on my gto was too small for the 6-speed (zf or t-56), but I am cutting it and making a new tunnel. The t-56 is an option for you as far as manuals go, if you have your mind set on it, as it is considerably smaller than the zf.

I'll try to help you the best I can with any questions, feel free to pm me.
Old 02-10-2011   #40
todesengel

Last edited by todesengel; 03-01-2011 at 11:56 PM.