ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Prototypes

Old 03-29-2013   #31
JP_32

Default Re: Update on ZR-32's lineage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Did ZR-32 ever get sent down an 1/8 th or 1/4 mile? Did it ever have any sort of performance testing performed?
Yes, Road and Track magazine took the ZR-32 out for a full performance review, I think I remember both road course and Drag tests were done. I should still have a copy of the magazine in my archives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989ZR1#74 View Post
JP, Nice updates. I currently own #074 and the info about Chuck Sr. driving it for a year was news to me. AIf you have any more pictures of #074 I would love to see them. Thanks Eric Jackson
I do have one closer Picture of #074. I will be traveling this weekend, but when I return I will post some more pictures.
JP_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #32
Tyler Townsley

http://thepandatrap.com/tyler/misc/885100055.bmp

This is the build sheet for EX5011 and it is not an active suspension car. Way too early, as far as I know there were no active cars in the 87 run of KOH cars, at least none of them have it on the build sheets. I believe the selective ride vehicle refers to the first FX 3 cars. I will ask Geoff this weekend.

JP I got to ask about the transmission, the one I got from with the engine and wheels (see the thread on Queenies engine story) was an 1989 build date. From this I surmise you left the trans from EX5011 in the roadster and just replaced the engine since it would not have been visible, true?

Do you have the ecm from EX5011? How about the DIS module from under the plenum. He gave me what he claimed was the ecm from the car but it is a LT4 ecm. The items I mentioned are very rare and if possible I would like to acquire them. You need to read the Queenie threads as they intermingle information on all the prototypes together. May I post the photographs here with your explanation? It will help make our knowledge better. Do you remember who came from GM and wired the Z32 car?

http://thepandatrap.com/gallery/ZR-1s

Check out the pictures and information that we had guessed so far and welcome to the net as you have really helped fill in some of the gaps.

WELCOME back Eric I knew you were still out there. I guess you read the NCM/NCRS posts about Queenie.

Tyler
68 Torch Red
88 ZR1 Blue
90 ZR1 White

Last edited by Tyler Townsley; 03-29-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Tyler Townsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #33
Corvettes White

Thank you for the update, TT.

George
Corvettes White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013   #34
JP_32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989ZR1#74 View Post
JP, Nice updates. I currently own #074 and the info about Chuck Sr. driving it for a year was news to me. AIf you have any more pictures of #074 I would love to see them. Thanks Eric Jackson
Here is all I have of the ZR-1, Still from the press opening day, I only took a couple pictures. The ZR-1 was probably no more than a week old in this picture. We took delivery of it and immediately painted it Plum Crazy, probably no more than a few days (if that) before the opening

Old 04-04-2013   #35
JP_32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Townsley View Post
This is the build sheet for EX5011 and it is not an active suspension car. Way too early, as far as I know there were no active cars in the 87 run of KOH cars, at least none of them have it on the build sheets. I believe the selective ride vehicle refers to the first FX 3 cars. I will ask Geoff this weekend.
Nope, I remember it was conventional suspension.

Quote:
JP I got to ask about the transmission, the one I got from with the engine and wheels (see the thread on Queenies engine story) was an 1989 build date. From this I surmise you left the trans from EX5011 in the roadster and just replaced the engine since it would not have been visible, true?
Yknow I was going to say I was almost sure we got a new transmission, but I have one picture showing the new engine attached to what looks like the sandblasted transmission so you may be right about that.

Quote:
Do you have the ecm from EX5011? How about the DIS module from under the plenum. He gave me what he claimed was the ecm from the car but it is a LT4 ecm. The items I mentioned are very rare and if possible I would like to acquire them. You need to read the Queenie threads as they intermingle information on all the prototypes together. May I post the photographs here with your explanation? It will help make our knowledge better. Do you remember who came from GM and wired the Z32 car?
I am sorry I don't have or remember all the details, remember this was 24 years ago. I do not have any parts, the only thing I had was the Key cylinder, Key and ID fob, though now I cant find it. I would have to think we used the ECM in the ZR-32, the DIS module was removed and stored along with the EX5011 motor parts so it may have been misplaced along the line somewhere. The ZR-32 was custom Wired by Ron Francis, I really have no Idea who came out from GM, what I remember was a team of engineers came out to check the wiring and program the ECM before the engine was started. I was a fabricator on the project, most of that other work was arranged by Chuck Lombardo, and most of the Chevy arrangements were made through Jim Perkins, who was the General Manager of Chevrolet at the time.

Yes you may post any of my photographs, I appreciate you keeping my name on them.
Old 04-04-2013   #36
Tyler Townsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP_32 View Post
Nope, I remember it was conventional suspension.

Yknow I was going to say I was almost sure we got a new transmission, but I have one picture showing the new engine attached to what looks like the sandblasted transmission so you may be right about that.

Yes you may post any of my photographs, I appreciate you keeping my name on them.
Thanks we appreciate your contribution to the story and will make sure you are credited'

Tyler
68 Torch Red
88 ZR1 Blue
90 ZR1 White
Tyler Townsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #37
1989ZR1#74

Yeah I "mis-spoke" I know it wasnt an active I ment Selective Ride Vehicle. As you can see it was called out on the build sheet. Thanks for the additional pictures. Tell Chuck Sr I have his garage remote (fount it under the seat!)

not to question you, but #074 was the west coast media car and was used by a few press outlets prior to Cal Street Rods got ahold of it. It was reviewed in Vette magazine and the LA Times prior to CAL. It was built in 4/89.

Here is a shot of it from the LA times:

and Vette:

EWJ
1989 ZR-1 #04 Pilot, Advertising/PR Campbell-Ewald S9YKH1
1989 ZR-1 #58 LT5 only
1989 ZR-1 #74 Unreleased Production / PR Dept 9PR110
NCRS #3,182 SACC #2,420
Member Corvette Museum
Corvette Forum: "ewjxn"
2009, 2010 Gathering Attendee
1989ZR1#74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #38
1989ZR1#74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Townsley View Post
WELCOME back Eric I knew you were still out there. I guess you read the NCM/NCRS posts about Queenie.

Tyler

Thanks Tyler. Life throw us curve balls every now and then and I am in the 27th inning of this round, Been busier then I ever have been on other non ZR-1 projects so I try to keep up but months go by before I can check. Eric
1989 ZR-1 #58 LT5 only
NCRS #3,182 SACC #2,420
Member Corvette Museum
Old 05-06-2013   #39
Blue Flame Restorations

Glad to see you posting, Eric. It'd be nice to see you in BG this month.

Brett
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #40
1989ZR1#74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame Restorations View Post
Glad to see you posting, Eric. It'd be nice to see you in BG this month.

Brett

Hey Brett, Not this year, I am heading to the Indy 500 the following week instead. My bucket list will have one less item after that. I will be at Carlisle helping display a 1963 Corvette show car:

http://www.barriskustomnews.com/2013...s-at-carlisle/

EWJ
1989 ZR-1 #58 LT5 only
NCRS #3,182 SACC #2,420
Member Corvette Museum

Last edited by 1989ZR1#74; 05-06-2013 at 03:41 PM.