ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-08-2014   #31
cadillac531

Default Re: Opinions and interest in a Vegas meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
As far as Spring Mtn goes, I want to be all in, not a ride and follow pseudo track event...I guess I'm spoiled from having track access from a former member. I would be willing to shell out a decent cover charge for the road course, but then again $40 for drag racing is kind of hard to argue against.
In your opinion, what is a decent cover charge?

For that matter, what is the amount anyone would be willing to pay to run the road course there?

All feedback here would help, so we can figure if renting the track is a doable option or not.

Thanks.

Registry Founding Member #0235

1991 Corvette ZR-1 -- Stock, 94 ZR-1 exhaust system, muffler delete.

1956 Chevrolet Belair -- Pro Street, 531ci Cadillac, 8-71 Blower, 8pt roll bar, built TH-400, 9" rear, 1,100 HP -- Street Car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8y4cwcvK0s

1968 Mustang "Pegasus" -- Zeeker Chassis, 584ci Dart Block, Brodix Big Brodies, 2-1150 Dominators, FTI 'Glide, 1168 hp, best ET & Trap(holding back) 8.57@159 -- 7.9X -- 1/4 mile car.

1970 Chevelle -- 468ci, TKO600, shaved and smoothed everything.
cadillac531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #32
PhillipsLT5

I am still interested either way, would rather run Spring Mtn, if I had a choice, getting in on Vette Track days would be best option, renting the track, sky high, paying 2,3,4 maybe 500 would be doable, most fun with your cloths on
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #33
mike100

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac531 View Post
In your opinion, what is a decent cover charge?

For that matter, what is the amount anyone would be willing to pay to run the road course there?

All feedback here would help, so we can figure if renting the track is a doable option or not.

Thanks.
I would say about $300 or so. I know they have a vette day there once a year and since they get a lot of entrants, I think that was in the $250 range. I'm not sure how much they got to do. Porsche Club of America has rented that track in the past, but they have to share the track with members. Maybe those guys had 40 cars or so at the event- not sure what it cost.

My experience did not include any instruction etc. Once I went there and just ran the north loop (1.1 miles) due to the school being taught on the other part of the track. Just myself that time, but there is definitely potential to damage your car by going off into the gravel or by the course getting crowded with inexperienced drivers.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #34
cadillac531

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
I would say about $300 or so. I know they have a vette day there once a year and since they get a lot of entrants, I think that was in the $250 range. I'm not sure how much they got to do. Porsche Club of America has rented that track in the past, but they have to share the track with members. Maybe those guys had 40 cars or so at the event- not sure what it cost.

My experience did not include any instruction etc. Once I went there and just ran the north loop (1.1 miles) due to the school being taught on the other part of the track. Just myself that time, but there is definitely potential to damage your car by going off into the gravel or by the course getting crowded with inexperienced drivers.
Yeah, I think the last time I was at a Corvette Track Days, it was $225.00, and that was for two days.

1956 Chevrolet Belair -- Pro Street, 531ci Cadillac, 8-71 Blower, 8pt roll bar, built TH-400, 9" rear, 1,100 HP -- Street Car.

1968 Mustang "Pegasus" -- Zeeker Chassis, 584ci Dart Block, Brodix Big Brodies, 2-1150 Dominators, FTI 'Glide, 1168 hp, best ET & Trap(holding back) 8.57@159 -- 7.9X -- 1/4 mile car.

Old 02-10-2014   #35
PhillipsLT5

http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/

http://www.springmountainmotorsports..._Agreement.pdf

Looks like we will need 5/7K
Old 02-11-2014   #36
mike100

So you need 25 entrants at $300 for access to the larger portion of the track. One might consider inviting non C4-ZR1 entrants to fill out the roster. The organizer(not the track) would also have to group people into groups of about 10 cars in slow/medium/fast run groupings in alternating 20 min sessions. I think the track provides transponders for lap times. Not sure about the printouts though, but the track marshals and staff seems to do a good job at running the safety part of it.

Not sure if it is still the same, but one might have to share the course with club members (but not the driving school).
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #37
PhillipsLT5

Getting 25 ZR-1's there will be difficult, open it up to 1 of the vegas vett clubs?
Old 02-11-2014   #38
Blue Flame Restorations

Great dialogue. Exciting to say the least. We really need a West Coast event. You guys are doing great at leading the charge. As far as getting 25 ZR-1s's to commit to drag racing, that may be a hard thing to do but....it would also be great!

Opening up the drags to other Corvette Clubs may be a good means to an end for drag racing costs. Almost a West Coast Gathering of sorts.
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #39
cadillac531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame Restorations View Post
Great dialogue. Exciting to say the least. We really need a West Coast event. You guys are doing great at leading the charge. As far as getting 25 ZR-1s's to commit to drag racing, that may be a hard thing to do but....it would also be great!

Opening up the drags to other Corvette Clubs may be a good means to an end for drag racing costs. Almost a West Coast Gathering of sorts.
Well, for Drag Racing, we would look to run with the local Vette club and their drag race event they have about once a month. The Drag Racing costs are only $40.00 per entrant...so that's not the pricey event.

Spring Mountain is the pricey event, and yes, we may have to open it up to the other Vette Clubs out here too. There are 3 clubs out here now. I'm sure we can get some interest from them to join in. I'll reach out to them next week and see what they've got going on and who would be willing to participate.

Last edited by cadillac531; 02-11-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2014   #40
gbrtng

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac531 View Post
Well, for Drag Racing, we would look to run with the local Vette club and their drag race event they have about once a month. The Drag Racing costs are only $40.00 per entrant...so that's not the pricey event.

Spring Mountain is the pricey event, and yes, we may have to open it up to the other Vette Clubs out here too. There are 3 clubs out here now. I'm sure we can get some interest from them to join in. I'll reach out to them next week and see what they've got going on and who would be willing to participate.
Your best way forward is do the research, pick a weekend, and then advertise the event with a schedule of events and cost.

I might be interested if the event was in late September or October when the weather is cooler.