ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 11-14-2013   #51
Y-me

Default Re: Parting out two yes two ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Have the UPS store pack it and insure it if it breaks its on them. That cost is past onto your buyer. Just an idea. GC
Did that once. It showed up broken, the buyer called the ups store and the A-hole that packed it/owned the place told the customer I packed it.

Last edited by Y-me; 11-14-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Y-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #52
WVZR-1

I had a Melrose box that I used I think 4 times to ship a top and part of the sale was that the top be returned. The fifth sale was going to the left coast and the return of the empty box was a little more than I had anticipated and I just let it go with the sale. I had "no issues" with any top I shipped. I've sent one other top and it "arrived alive" also. The Melrose packaging isn't hard to duplicate.

I've always used FEDEX and only once I had to open a box for their inspection before they would apply the amount of insurance that I requested. I don't use UPS for anything of value. Yes there's problems with all of them and this isn't the time of year to be considering the ship of valuables or anything of value.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #53
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilant View Post
I tried that already at one of their stores. They won't do it because the top doesn't fit in any of their "standard" boxes (the largest one they have is a bicycle box), which means they can't pack it and won't insure it. You can pack it yourself but they won't insure it. I remember someone said he built a custom wood crate to ship tops or windshields? Not sure who he used to deliver.

Hmm they have wised up I guess. How in the hell does Melrose do it ?
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #54
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-me View Post
Did that once. It showed up broken, the buyer called the ups store and the A-hole that packed it/owned the place told the customer I packed it.
That would be an easy battle to win. however your right he is an A-hole

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 11-14-2013   #55
WVZR-1

Quote:
There's no easy "battle" to win when UPS is involved. There's a post on the CF that involved a top and the shipper was several months getting a resolution. I believe they actually trashed his broken top. It was a pack and ship also. I had a differential claim with UPS and was best I recall better than 6 months getting resolved and paid. That was my last UPS "ship" of valuables.

I've had two issues with deliveries of UPS packages - one I found in the middle of the yard. Several months later another and the shipper replaced the order no questions asked. 90 days or so later UPS wanted to investigate and after a conversation they said they could check the package by GPS and it was delivered and they pinpointed the drop spot. It was a very light piece of software, less than I'm sure 6 - 8 ounces and I'm sure it blew away. It was well beyond "breezy". I had checked the yard and a couple adjacent properties before calling the vendor. I asked the gal "you can confirm the drop" -she said "yes"! I had the original box from the "middle of the yard incident" and gave her the package tracking. The scan was done nowhere near my house. She didn't say how many feet but it wasn't at my door-step. Theirs and I'm sure others are very sophisticated tracking.

The package was about this time of year and I arrived home from work way past darkness every weekday from my work. I looked out the window on a Saturday morning and spotted the box while talking on the phone. Tracking said it had been there a couple of days. It was a CF buy and I had no idea of when to expect it.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 11-14-2013 at 11:55 AM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #56
mike100

Melrose has a special heavy duty box with a sort of framework cardboard skeleton top holder which adds both strength and provides a gap to allow the corners and ends of the outer box to crush and never touch the top. I have considered buying just the box from that guy as i had an $800 misadventure with a C6 top that got hammered when it knife-edged right through the end of a box that the seller thought was going to work out.

The seller was a lawyer in Texas and convinced FedEx to pay the insurance.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #57
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
There's no easy "battle" to win when UPS is involved. There's a post on the CF that involved a top and the shipper was several months getting a resolution. I believe they actually trashed his broken top. It was a pack and ship also. I had a differential claim with UPS and was best I recall better than 6 months getting resolved and paid. That was my last UPS "ship" of valuables.

I've had two issues with deliveries of UPS packages - one I found in the middle of the yard. Several months later another and the shipper replaced the order no questions asked. 90 days or so later UPS wanted to investigate and after a conversation they said they could check the package by GPS and it was delivered and they pinpointed the drop spot. It was a very light piece of software, less than I'm sure 6 - 8 ounces and I'm sure it blew away. It was well beyond "breezy". I had checked the yard and a couple adjacent properties before calling the vendor. I asked the gal "you can confirm the drop" -she said "yes"! I had the original box from the "middle of the yard incident" and gave her the package tracking. The scan was done nowhere near my house. She didn't say how many feet but it wasn't at my door-step. Theirs and I'm sure others are very sophisticated tracking.

The package was about this time of year and I arrived home from work way past darkness every weekday from my work. I looked out the window on a Saturday morning and spotted the box while talking on the phone. Tracking said it had been there a couple of days. It was a CF buy and I had no idea of when to expect it.

I was refering to the "LIE" aspect by the UPS Pack and ship story. Dont get me wrong I dont trust either UPS or FEDEX however, they are your only option sometimes or large heavy items like tires. I have great success with the USPS.

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 11-14-2013   #58
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
Melrose has a special heavy duty box with a sort of framework cardboard skeleton top holder which adds both strength and provides a gap to allow the corners and ends of the outer box to crush and never touch the top. I have considered buying just the box from that guy as i had an $800 misadventure with a C6 top that got hammered when it knife-edged right through the end of a box that the seller thought was going to work out.

The seller was a lawyer in Texas and convinced FedEx to pay the insurance.

Yikes

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 11-14-2013   #59
Y-me

Quote:
Oh no I definitely got that straightened, the fact that he tried just put a bad taste in my mouth.
Y-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #60
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-me View Post
Oh no I definitely got that straightened, the fact that he tried just put a bad taste in my mouth.

I agree and I would vote with my feet as well. Again a total ahole

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V