ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 09-20-2010   #81
tccrab

Default Re: NW region ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
Personally I'd say Jim Van Dorn for president - of anything!
I'll second that motion.

TomC
'Crabs
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]
tccrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #82
bobbyhi

Thanks Jim for the open and honest post. I hope that everyone who is in on the discussion will read it and take it to heart.......

Thanks again....
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #83
4DSZR1

Great Post Jim. Thanks for sharing!

Rick
4DSZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #84
Hammer

Talking Re: NW region ?

Dave K and Tom, are you pursuing your nomination with Jim. Better get on it if so. Only 10 days left. GL
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #85
ZRWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccrab View Post
I'll second that motion.

TomC
'Crabs
Hey Tom get real...We don't need no stinking Pirate running this ship

We need an eagle:

"A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. In the end, leaders are much like eagles...they don't flock, you find them one at a time...." , JVD
ZRWON '90 #553 & BEAST2 '93 #211, an AutoMasters Street Skinner version of a BlackWidow LT5
[URL]http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_faq.htm#66[/URL]
NCRS#894
"It's not the car; it's the people"
...Doug Johnson 1953-2003
40 years VETTE history @ [URL="http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/"][COLOR=#555555]http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA[/COLOR][/URL]

Last edited by ZRWON; 09-20-2010 at 10:16 PM.
ZRWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #86
tccrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRWON View Post

We need an eagle:

"A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. In the end, leaders are much like eagles...they don't flock, you find them one at a time...." , JVD
Bill:

I'm confident that good 'ol "PegLeg VanDorn" is much too smart to even think about running this august organization. (how is the leg healing JVD?)

I'm pretty sure running this rag tag band of megalomaniacs, tyrants and misfits would be just about as much fun and as productive as herding cats.

Tom
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]

Last edited by tccrab; 09-21-2010 at 09:43 AM.
tccrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #87
vandornjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRWON View Post

No siree Bob, I mean Bill. I've had my share of that stuff. I ran our Corvette Club for a few years, started the Grand Sport Registry, Pirate stuff, etc.etc. It's a lot of work gang. The board is a committment and those who serve the club should be commended and appreciated (under normal circumstances).

But there's always room for change once in a while, new ideas, new blood, new visions. Some people think a change has to be a negative. I think it can be very positive. Besides, it's not fair for some to have to do all of the work.

I guess the hardest but most rewarding job I ever had was that of Dad. I used to say I couldn't wait 'til they hit 18 so I could be done with them. Yeah right. But it is nice when they tell you later you did a good job.

No, you guys do your thing and leave me to BBQ'ing and keeping the beer cold. I'll try not to screw it up.
[B]ZR-1 Registry Member #21[/B]
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
vandornjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #88
DaveK

I was thinking more of a replacement for Obama - can't think of a better use for a Pirate Infidel
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #89
GrayZ

After wading through this thread, all I can say is ...wow....

Nice Post JVD

Right before BG this year, i had the opportunity to talk with quite a few of our
registry members that were traveling by or calling, about the....... "flint caper"

The conclusion or the gist of what i got out of those discussions were

If one does such an act and is indeed innocent, why not personally STATE the facts as they happened, explain thyself.

AND...make a 'Formal' apology, to the board, and all the members of the registry.

Because whether one intends, to pay back a sum of capital they are intrusted with, and after a few months, they have not mentioned a word about it, to anyone else on the board, well, ask yourself is that acceptable, no,i'm afraid it's actually criminal.

Quite simple actually.

I've seen no posts from Jeff, no defense of accusations. Nothing....Nada.

It's a shame, really, a young guy with a passion and Knowledge for cars, and the ZR1.

Ruining his reputation, for a little over a thousand bucks.

And.... if the board swept the info...under the rug, so to speak, as JVD stated, that Jeff was never stranded, but used the credit cars to purchase parts for his business. well....i'm quite suprised, in these days of scandal, everywhere, they would take the chance, of making themselves targets for further problems, after all, they were trying to clean up a mess.

The reason this issue is still being discussed, is there has been no closure,

The facts are muddled, but, since, JVD's post, No rebuttals have come forthwith, so, i assume, what he posted is the truth.

I sure wish everyone would not resort to name calling, the elections are in a week or so.
Don't like something, change it. Vote..express thyself.

Sincerely,

Keith Moudy
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #90
1990 415

KEITH, JVD's post is 70% correct. It is not my place to fill in the blanks. I agree with you Keith, Vote this fall and bring about some positive change. I do find it amazing that everyone takes JVD's version as gospel.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote