ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-27-2007   #1
RICHARD TILL

Default BLOWER MOTOR PROBLEM

i`ve developed a blower motor problem. its on my 90 model ZR-1 #2161. the motor is constantly running at high speed. only way i can stop the motor is to pull the battery cable or disconnect the motor. when choosing an operating mode the green led indicator will change but has no effect whatsoever. a picture of a fan is displayed in the control head display. i`ve got a gm service manual ST-364-90 but havent look thru it yet. am going to tonight but hoping someone smarter than myself can steer me in the right direction. the car has 115k miles on the clock and this is my second problem ever. the first was starter problems. many thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this problem. richard......
RICHARD TILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #2
Jeffvette

Default Re: BLOWER MOTOR PROBLEM

The service manual is a great start. It will walk you through the diag steps. Hopefully you have the electrical supplement as well.
Old 12-29-2007   #3
RICHARD TILL

Thanks Jeff for the reply. The service manual does have good electrical diagrams. I`ve been digging in it and slowly gaining information. This thing was`nt written for a mentally challenged person like myself but for a techincian. Was hoping someone else had experienced a similar problem and would rub my nose in the fix. When i find the fix i`ll post the problem.
Old 02-25-2008   #4
RICHARD TILL

finally got tired of not driving the Z and i found the problem. the service manual walked me right to the blower motor programer. its in the blower box just outside the firewall. drove 30 miles to a junkyard and found another 90 model car. had been hit in the left front. bought the part for $20. this guy has about 15 corvette parts cars. glad he`s near.
Old 02-26-2008   #5
ZR1Vette

drove 30 miles to a junkyard

See any ZRs with a flame red interior?

Michael
ZR1Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #6
tomtom72

Sweet deal Rich! I'm adding this to my quick reference list, thanks for posting the resolution.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #7
RICHARD TILL

sorry, no such luck seeing a ZR but the 90 model car i got the part off of was a red/red just sitting there with both windows down. actually it shoulda been fixed instead of junked. it looked like i was the first to rob a part off it.