ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 07-21-2011   #1
Jagdpanzer

Default Nice write up on Michael Beal's 1991 ZR-1 Roadster!

Nice write up by Scott Teeters on Michael Beal's 1991 ZR-1 Roadster.
Check it out!!

Michael Beal's 1991 ZR-1 Roadster

George Braml Intake

Last edited by Jagdpanzer; 07-21-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Jagdpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2
Meanmyz

Default Re: Nice write up on Michael Beal?s 1991 ZR-1 Roadster!

I remember seeing this car in Vette Magazine back in the early/mid nineties. It was in the annual ladies issue. I still have the magazine. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I will post the picture up here for Michael, if he ventures onto our site and is interested.

It is the August 1994 issue. The beautiful lady standing by the car in her swimsuit (wow) it says is Elizabeth Bartschi of Chico, CA. She wanted the power of the ZR-1 with the benefits of a convertible so she had Metalcrafters of Newport Beach "hack off the top" and make some engine and suspension mods and "voila"!

Very nice car Michael!
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #3
Michael Beal

Great find! I'm looking for any information regarding my car and any articles would really be helpful. Do you (or anyone else out there) have a copy of this article? If so, I have to get my hands on it. Thanks much for your vigilance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanmyz View Post
I remember seeing this car in Vette Magazine back in the early/mid nineties. It was in the annual ladies issue. I still have the magazine. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I will post the picture up here for Michael, if he ventures onto our site and is interested.

It is the August 1994 issue. The beautiful lady standing by the car in her swimsuit (wow) it says is Elizabeth Bartschi of Chico, CA. She wanted the power of the ZR-1 with the benefits of a convertible so she had Metalcrafters of Newport Beach "hack off the top" and make some engine and suspension mods and "voila"!

Very nice car Michael!
Michael Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #4
Meanmyz

Michael,

Here is the article. Enjoy!

Here is the magazine it came from. If you look on Ebay, I am sure you will find a copy. (I'd give you mine, but I have kept all the Vette Mags that weren't worth throwing - mostly up to around '96, which was kind of Vette's heyday when they had good contributers and before editorialship changed.

Last edited by Meanmyz; 08-01-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-01-2011   #5
Meanmyz

Michael,

This article, of course was published in '94, and you say that Dr. Bartschi's wife was killed in '91 during the Silver State Classic (or road race like it). Was it "Elizabeth" from this article? - picture maybe published posthumously??.
Old 08-01-2011   #6
gbrtng

Scott Teeters seems to have moved the Firestone (now Bridgestone) facility where the record runs were from Fort Stockton Texas to Arizona. Maybe he'll move it back soon.

He wrote:
"It is worth reminding readers that in March 1990, a race-prepared, Morrison Motorsports ZR-1 shattered records at the 7.71-mile Firestone Tire test track in Arizona with an AVERAGE 24-hour speed of 175.885-MPH!!!"

Last edited by gbrtng; 08-01-2011 at 07:13 PM.
gbrtng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011   #7
Michael Beal

Thanks much! I did see the issue on E-Bay and ponied up $15. for it. What was it that PE Barnum said? I appreciate your vigilance - I can't fill in the blanks without good folks like you.

Quote:
Michael,

Here is the article. Enjoy!

Here is the magazine it came from. If you look on Ebay, I am sure you will find a copy. (I'd give you mine, but I have kept all the Vette Mags that weren't worth throwing - mostly up to around '96, which was kind of Vette's heyday when they had good contributers and before editorialship changed.

Old 08-02-2011   #8
Michael Beal

The doctors wife's name is Jean - I suspect this is their daughter. Without benefit of contact with Dr. Bartschi, I'm now wondering if this is something he did for his daughter. Perhaps bought her the car and later had it converted when she wanted a convertible. This might explain why the '91 car has later model "gills".

Quote:
Michael,

This article, of course was published in '94, and you say that Dr. Bartschi's wife was killed in '91 during the Silver State Classic (or road race like it). Was it "Elizabeth" from this article? - picture maybe published posthumously??.
Old 08-02-2011   #9
Michael Beal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beal View Post
The doctors wife's name is Jean - I suspect this is their daughter. Without benefit of contact with Dr. Bartschi, I'm now wondering if this is something he did for his daughter. Perhaps bought her the car and later had it converted when she wanted a convertible. This might explain why the '91 car has later model "gills".
Addendum; Just looking at the posted pic - a bit low quality. Those might not be the later "gills" that are now on the car. As you can see, I'm still trying to put the puzzle together (and you've been a big help.)
Old 08-03-2011   #10
Meanmyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beal View Post
Addendum; Just looking at the posted pic - a bit low quality. Those might not be the later "gills" that are now on the car. As you can see, I'm still trying to put the puzzle together (and you've been a big help.)