ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-15-2003   #1
Anonymous

Default Any ZR-1 Owners from Hawaii using this site?

I have only seen one ZR-1 on Oahu in the last year (Red and not sure of the year). I am soon to be owner and just purchased a 1990 from Florida. Just curious to know how many other ZR-1 in Hawaii and look forward to seeing them on the road soon.Mahalo,Craig
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003   #2
Anonymous

Z Factor

Aloha Craig,Dude, I was just in your neck of the woods. I visited Oahu, Hawaii, and Maui over 2 weeks.I kept my eyes open but didn't see a single one. There weren't to many vettes in general. After driving the roads over there, I have a feeling I know why. There are not a whole lot of places you can open them up. I did see a Ferrari, and a nice Porsche though.Welcome to the group and this board. PS What part of Florida did you get yours from, and what # is it?
Old 12-15-2003   #3
Anonymous

You're right about the roads and such a waste to have an awesome sports car like the ZR-1. I'm getting mine from Pompano Beach, FL. How do I tell what # from the VIN? I don't know why more Vettes aren't on the road here with the nice weather. I plan to drive it a couple of times a week.
Old 12-15-2003   #4
Anonymous

Z Factor

You can tell by the last 4 digits of the VIN #I agree with the nice weather, it is like Florida, only less humid this time of year. Soon, our weather will be on par with yours, minus the trade winds, and it is fun driving with the top off. It was my second time there, and I loved every minute.
Old 12-15-2003   #5
Anonymous

Thanks and my # is 1727
Old 12-15-2003   #6
Anonymous

Z Factor

Your welcomeI'll try to see if there are any other ZR-1 owners in Oahu or another island thru another source, and get back to you.Again, congrats, and welcome.
Old 12-15-2003   #7
Anonymous

Z Factor,Thanks for the welcome and trying to help out a newbie. I really appreciate it.Craig
Old 12-15-2003   #8
Anonymous

Z Factor

My pleasure.I'm still checking on other Z owners on any of the isalnds, so I'll let you know if I find any. Of course I expect a ride in your Z if I ever make it back there.
Old 12-15-2003   #9
Anonymous

Okay, next time you come back to the islands we'll have to meet.Mahalo!
Old 12-15-2003   #10
Anonymous

Z Factor

|
Quote:
Quote: from HAWAIIZR1 on 3:56 am on Oct. 4, 2003[br]Okay, next time you come back to the islands we'll have to meet.Mahalo!
Craig,You will probably have to hold onto your Z for at least 5 years, since it took me 7 years to get back this last time. It is so nice over there I would love to visit more often, but since it takes so long to get there, I wind up going to other places instead.I still haven't heard back from any ZR-1 owners in Hawaii, but here are a few Corvette clubs in your area that might be of some assistance.http://hawaiicorvetteassociation.com...vetteclub/Just make sure to remain here as well.