ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-29-2017   #1
conesare2seconds

Default Part # for door panel screw grommets / inserts?

Hi everyone. Can anyone confirm the PN for our door panel screw grommets is 1373789? I need to track down replacements for some cracked grommets in the door pull cup and the handle bezel. Found them at Midamerica and Corvette Central but have been thinking of checking the replacement hardware blister packs at the local parts stores because $6-10 shipping isn’t economical.
conesare2seconds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017   #2
geezer

Default Re: Part # for door panel screw grommets / inserts?

part # 1373789 is a fastener grommet used by GM in the '80's / '90's for many vehicles & uses including rad support & dash etc. They are what you want but you should be able to pick them up locally at Autozone , O'reilly's or an good parts store .
geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017   #3
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by conesare2seconds View Post
Hi everyone. Can anyone confirm the PN for our door panel screw grommets is 1373789? I need to track down replacements for some cracked grommets in the door pull cup and the handle bezel. Found them at Midamerica and Corvette Central but have been thinking of checking the replacement hardware blister packs at the local parts stores because $6-10 shipping isn’t economical.
I'm not familiar with that GM# but the "white" grommet used in bottom of doors, for rockers and other locations is a GM# 1377030 - I'd buy locally a box of Auveco 10365 or W&E Sales 2173 from a local body shop supplier or maybe just a few from a local body shop. Auveco is generally an easier find but there's a local that does W&E so I use more of theirs recently.

I haven't had my '90 door panels off for many years and other locations I don't recall. Post snapshots maybe of your needs.

I'd suggest browsing an Auveco catalog for needs maybe.

https://www.auveco.com

It appears that maybe Auveco has changed some things around. This should get you a catalog.

https://www.auveco.com/download/cata...co_catalog.pdf

Last edited by WVZR-1; 10-30-2017 at 09:08 AM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017   #4
conesare2seconds

Appreciate the tips. I tried Advance, Autozone and Pep Boys (PB had the best selection by far) and found some screw grommets and nylon nuts but nothing in the right shape/size. Will poke around other links above and report.
Old 10-30-2017   #5
conesare2seconds

The Auveco PN is apparently 10365 but you have to be a dealer. WVZR-1, I used GM 1377030 and found a seller on eBay who has 20 grommets for about 6 bucks plus 2.95 shipping so they are on the way for about $9. I could have bought just 10 from the same seller but extras are good. Will post up with a review once they arrive, probably Sunday.

Thanks again geezer and WVZR-1 for the help.
Old 11-05-2017   #6
conesare2seconds

Follow-up post to report success, 1377030 is an exact fit. Door is repaired. If anyone needs a couple grommets, drop me a line and I’ll mail them out to you in a padded envelope.