ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 11-22-2010   #11
jrtoffroad

Default Re: LOTS OF YOU-TUBE ZR-1 VIDS - ENJOY

For what it's worth, my car dyno'd 380 rwhp and runs 116mph in the 1/4.
jrtoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #12
WB9MCW

Figure a stock 90-92 is around 330 RWHP

The Graph shows around 107 MPH.

The Chart on the ZR-1 Reg. Home Page confirms that the graph is a good appx. for Weight vs HP. Even though the weight should be extrapolated to 3400 #'s it seems to work well at the 3200# curve

Hey it is all approx's in the first place but it gives you a general idea.

One of the members has a real good chart (program) with the gear ratios figured in.

"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by WB9MCW; 11-22-2010 at 02:50 PM.
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #13
WB9MCW

WHEEL HP

WE USUALLY SAY RWHP

THE WAY THE DYNO MEASURES IT.
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-22-2010   #14
WB9MCW

"Neither of those examples are stock which is what I thought you were presenting at first."

Right the RWHP is about 330 and 345 for the stock ZR-1's.

I picked 375 and 405 since many of the Modded ZR-1's come in around these figures.

IE: Cat back Exhaust -- Clutch Improvements -- New Chip -- P&P on IM and Heads.

These will get ya to the 375 to 400+ RWHP.

It is funny I picked those two points -- must be because they are ingrained is my head. LOL
Old 11-22-2010   #15
sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
i have to agree with pete on this after going through my time slips . its kinda weird that it is this way but what he says is true . when i ran my first 11sec time the car started off that night running12.156@116.67 with a 1.950 60ft then it ran 11.945@117.90mph witha 1.873 60ft.
to take this a little further if i use the drag time da calc for july 24@11.11 pm @famoso raceway bakersfield ca. that run comes out to11.53@122.60 the car dynod @409.9rwhp and 373.6 tq. all the graphs are good tools for an aproxamation to know the cars potental =or - about a half a sec.best test is still real world timeslips .jmho
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #16
WB9MCW

Yes we agree real world is best Sammy.

See the extra MPH you have is what Pete calls the "Sea Level Advantage" Plus that cool night air density helped as well.

It looks like you got an extra 7 to 8 MPH over the Graph.

Bet you had a good 60 launch as well on that one.
Old 11-22-2010   #17
sammy

the 11.94 run was on july 24 @11.11 pm and the temp was 87deg and the da was 2883.my 60 ft was 1.804which is largely due to the new nitto nto5r tires . . i have another set of 275x40x17 nittos which i think might help lower my 60fts because of the taller sidewall might work out better with the manual trans . the 315x35 series sidewalls seem to stiff to launch the car consistantly. i would love to have the da s that the east coast guys seem to have at different time of the year. so i wouldnt have to use the da calc at drag times, guess one cant have everything .lol. what i love is how our cars blow people away at the strip with how well they run . i remember one guy in a srt8 challenger walking by my car saying i can beat that pos c4 to his buddies . wouldnt you know it we got lined up later that night and i ran a 12.33 to to his 13.48. my buddies went up after and asked him how he liked getting his doors blown off by a pos c4. the look on his face was priceless.
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #18
WB9MCW

"The look on his face was priceless."

Great kick butt story Sammy!

Guess the olde POS Pentroof LT-5 smoked his bad boy Hemi -- LOLOL

Even though there are times I wish the ZR-1 stood out more from a regular C4 (Car Show in my home town on Mondays) the stealth of our Z is great for things just like this tale of yours.

Let em think a regular old C4 just blew them away -- tis better they not not the real truth.

They deserve to be in a quandary and perplexed and the priceless look on their faces makes ZR-1 stealth ownership worth every penny.

My favorite thing to tell a guy going for a ride in the Z for the first time with me is --
Give me 20 seconds and I will show you 150 MPH. Do you know a road around here we can go 150 safe on?
You should see the look on their faces. Like a deer in the headlamps look.
Then they always say 'you ain't really gonna go that fast with me today are ya?'
"Naw we will keep it to only 125 today since I can tell you are worried. We can do that in about 15 seconds."

Next they always ask 'Well just how fast does this Vette really go?'
I answer -- "Well how fast is enough for you?"
Usually they shut up now and quit asking questions.

By now we have them out on the back county roads and I come to a complete stop.
I fiddle with the ride control and the traction control buttons and for good measure double check the 'power on' key. I ask em if their belt is tight and snug and if they are ready to experience the ZR-1.

Usually they mumble softly 'Well I guess so'
So I say well here we go hold on tight.

A nice 3,500 rpm clutch dump --burn rubber 50+ feet in first --- a nice squawk into 2nd and a pretty chirp into 3rd.
We never even hit 4th (cuz I promised under 125) and shut down around 113-117 == pretty much the 1/4 mile run.

After slow down to the double nickle I look over at em and say -- "Well how was that?"
My banker gave me the best to date answer (He is an old Trans-Am guy from his high school days)

"Holy Crap this thing is a rocket ship -- You better be careful or ur gonna kill yourself in it."
I said -- "Hell we still have 3 gears left -- we never even put it into 4th!"
He just shook his head. I said -- "Should we go find a longer road and test 4th gear?"
"No Thanks-- That was more than enough for me today!"

This is why I luv my Z. Times just like this with my friends and biz partners.

And I wonder why many of them never take me up on a ride in my Speed Boat "Bad Attitude"???

I spent more on the blower motor by itself than I did the entire ZR-1 --- This is why the FBI guys never see me in the spring-summer-fall or at the drag strip or either BG event -- too busy having fun on Bad Attitude. It sits on a boat rack in my back yard on the Fox River with my Sea-Doo.

My Off Shore Boat Club (who the wife and I spend all the boat times with)
>>> http://www.nioffshore.com/

My best friend & mechanic (built my blower motor and keeps the ZR-1 runnin well) and he is more crazy about speed than myself. -- Big Mike and his bad boy triple 42 Fountain

Yes this boat is scary fast!!! And this is just his pleasure boat -- some day I will post some pic's of his canopy Fountain 42' race boat. He is a Mopar nut and has owned just about every model Mopar -- But he was so impressed with my Z he went out and bought a black on black vert C5 for kicks and grins. He is into bad boy Harleys as well.

Last edited by WB9MCW; 11-22-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-23-2010   #19
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
the 11.94 run was on july 24 @11.11 pm and the temp was 87deg and the da was 2883.my 60 ft was 1.804which is largely due to the new nitto nto5r tires . . i have another set of 275x40x17 nittos which i think might help lower my 60fts because of the taller sidewall might work out better with the manual trans . the 315x35 series sidewalls seem to stiff to launch the car consistantly. i would love to have the da s that the east coast guys seem to have at different time of the year. so i wouldnt have to use the da calc at drag times, guess one cant have everything .lol. what i love is how our cars blow people away at the strip with how well they run . i remember one guy in a srt8 challenger walking by my car saying i can beat that pos c4 to his buddies . wouldnt you know it we got lined up later that night and i ran a 12.33 to to his 13.48. my buddies went up after and asked him how he liked getting his doors blown off by a pos c4. the look on his face was priceless.
LOL! I heard someone in the stands say something similar, referring to Pete's "pos C4" lining up against a C6 that was driven by a member of the Chicago Corvettes (club). Pete ran an 11.4x vs. a low 12.x by the C6. There was a lot of going on in the stands. Best laugh in 2008 for me!

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #20
Bob G

question, How do you get a ZR-1 down to 3200 lbs with driver?
Bob G is offline   Reply With Quote