ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 06-14-2012   #1
Paul in VA

Default WTB old ZR-1 NOS kit...

Hi All:

This appears to be a wonderful ZR-1 solution; keep the ZR-1 with minor mods and turn on the juice when the extra kick is needed.

Apparently NOS offered a ZR-1 specific Dry Nitrous Oxide kit that would key the Nitrous injection to our secondarys. If anyone may have a kit sitting around, please let me know.

(Paul in VA)
WAZOO Member
Paul in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012   #2
FU

Default Re: WTB old ZR-1 NOS kit...

JEG's may have the kit in stock Paul.

http://www.jegs.com/i/NOS/741/05172-NB/10002/-1

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012   #3
Paul in VA

That was a most excellent thought... unfortunately...

ASSIGNED: Ticket #77734 - 'AJT - Corvette ZR-1'
Inbox
x

Bob Grace ✆ Bob.Grace@jegs.com
12:40 PM (8 minutes ago)
to me
Hello

Thank you for giving Jegs the opportunity to assist you with your technical question.

I am afraid this kit 05172 is no longer available, I do apologize for this confusion and we will be pulling this from our site

Should you need further assistance please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely

Bob Grace
Technical Sales Representative
800-345-4545
ext # 868
Bob.Grace@jegs.com

comments =
Hi: You have a NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems) Kit NOS 05172-NB listed for a 1991 Corvette ZR-1 specifically:

NOS #741-05172-NB
ZR1 CORVETTE SYSTEM NO BT

Please tell me what is included in this kit and does it fit a 1991 ZR-1 ?

ac = Yes
drivewheel = 2WD
engine = 350 DOHC 32V
fuel = FI
make = Cheverolet
model = Corvette ZR-1
pwrbrk = Yes
pwrstr = Yes
trans = 6 speed manual ZF
year = 1991

(Paul in VA)
WAZOO Member
Paul in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012   #4
zrss

I wanted one of these kits in 2006 and couldn't find one. I called NOS and they told me the kit was discontinued years earlier because it had never been a good seller. A company that made one of the pieces in the kit was out of business and NOS had no interest in trying to put together one kit for me. They recommended a custom system with hard lines to foggers for each cylinder, which was way beyond what I was looking to do. A good used system looks like the only way to go, if you can find one.
zrss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #5
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Paul,

Might be worth sending an email to Kurt White. He might have a used system....

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012   #6
mgg

To each his own, but I have never understood the attraction to NOS. These cars are not ricers. Save your money go to a good driving school and then go have some fun driving the car after you have learned how to do it correctly. Or headers, exhaust, heads and cams. Using NOS seems like false performance to me. Its like putting a bandaid on a gash. It only works for a short time. Just my opinion, hope you find what you want Paul. I would much rather put the NOS money towards real performance improvements that last all the while you are driving the car.
mgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #7
Polo-1

It sounds like you have never owned a NOS car before.
I don't understand the whole ricer comment, N20 has been around way longer then imports. The thought of having a simple way to up the output over a 100hp at a flick of the switch,perfect. A stock LT5 purring like a kitten, then hit the button and giving my C6 Z06 a bitch slap. Ain't nothing better then N20 for that. Yes, you can spend over $25k for a basic stroker and have power all the time, but you only need it for 5-10 second blast and it's over. The LT5 goes back to stock gentleman's Corvette the best of both worlds.
Polo-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #8
robbz28

I know this thread is a couple months old now, but I would like to add that I too am looking for a little extra kick in the pants for a minimal $$. I have installed a couple Nitrous Express EFI kits in trucks, they are super easy to install. They are adjustable from 50 to 150 and the only modification needed is a hole drilled in the air cleaner duct. If you put a window switch to control the rpm's that the juice comes on and a WOT switch and keep it under 100 horses I see no need for concern. These engines can handle that easily...best of all you have only spent 600 bucks...it would take 10x that to get 100 horses through headers, exhaust, camshafts...For someone who is going to take 6 months to go through a bottle then this is ideal, if you are drag racing every weekend...might want to think about the other modifications. You can put one of these in your car in an afternoon. Engines are all about air...the more they can get in, the more power they can make. Nitrous has its own oxygen, so it's like a blow torch...instant power...just be careful with it.
1991 ZR1 #144 421 rwhp 392 rwt
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 5.7 liter
1967 Ford Mustang resto-mod coupe 289 (Sold)
robbz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nos nitrous oxide no2