Yes, I would like a newsletter w/ my subscription 31 60.78%
No, I don't care. 20 39.22%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012   #51
scottfab

Default Re: Newsletter poll

That would make a great article for the News rag. =D>
An LT5 in a John Deer tractor or combine.
Farming the way.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people

Last edited by scottfab; 10-09-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: had the wrong gif file
Old 10-09-2012   #52
Dynomite

Default Spicing up Text for the News Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfab View Post
That would make a great article for the News rag. =D>
An LT5 in a John Deer tractor or combine.
Farming the way.
Scott.....I like your spiced up texting

For you city folks John Deere S690 Combine with 16-30 inch Row Corn Head

Notice the American Flag
Cliff

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-10-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old 10-09-2012   #53
DDSLT5

Ontario yields are double that - no drought up here - Canada feeds the USA! You're welcome!
Old 10-09-2012   #54
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDSLT5 View Post
Ontario yields are double that - no drought up here - Canada feeds the USA! You're welcome!

Sorry, a distant 6th place.
http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top...rters-map.html

Old 10-09-2012   #55
DDSLT5

Scott - you're such an expert on crop yields in other countries (which are currently being harvested as we speak), I yield to your knowledge base.

How do you explain this one? Sound fiscal policy?

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top...-debt-map.html
Old 10-09-2012   #56
Dynomite

Default A Farmers Technical Contributions

Quote:
Not exactly Ontario corn yield is expected to be 137 bu and I got 140 bu. Ontario soybean yield is expected to be 39 bu and I got 44 bu.

Since August, Statistics Canada has chimed in with their yield expectations for Ontario. They are projecting Ontario corn to yield 136.7 bushels per acre on 2.15 million acres. This is down from 151.6 bushels per acre last year and 164 bushels per acre in 2010. They are projecting Ontario soybeans to yield 39.4 bushels per acre on 2.64 million acres, down from 44.9 bushels per acre last year and 46 bushels per acre in 2010. The 2012 Ontario wheat yield was set at 79 bushels per acre on 810,000 acres.

http://www.gfo.ca/Marketing/MarketTrendsCommentary.aspx

This is NOT politics....this is Farming
Check out those Futures Prices.

Kind of a fun way to distract ourselves from the News Letter which will be just fine sooner or later.

So....Scott......you think I should install my LT5 crate Engine in my John Deere (NOT Deer) Tractor? I could think of all sorts of projects in that regard. I think I will install my LT5 crate engine in my Toyota Tacoma

I will propose to Paul an article on how to use the LT5 engine on the Farm

Or better yet....How a Farmer built a 500 hp ZR-1

The 500 hp LT5 Rebuild

Scott......Just had to borrow your gif

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-10-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old 10-09-2012   #57
scottfab

Quote:
Scott - you're such an expert on crop yields in other countries (which are currently being harvested as we speak), I yield to your knowledge base.

How do you explain this one? Sound fiscal policy?

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top...-debt-map.html
Well you see it's like this. Google is like the old six-shooter of yesteryear. It is an "equalizer" for knowledge as the six-shooter was an equalizer for physical stature. I try to not make up stuff without checking a bit.
Of course one has to compare sources and see if there is controversy but in this case I didn't find any.
It's pretty cut and dried.
USA = #1
Canada = #6

But never fear according to Answers.com
Canada is best known for their maple syrup, the Canadian goose, the beaver, having the most freshwater in the world, multiculturalism, free health care

Old 10-09-2012   #58
DDSLT5

Scott,

In typical self centered fashion, you've discussed your rhetoric instead of referencing the link I posted (which is from the page you posted originally).

I'm sure this is simply an unfortunate error on your part (likely attributed to your iPhone or dependence on indoor urination) & truly you meant to comment on the link I referenced.

Please........continue!
Old 10-10-2012   #59
1990 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Not exactly Ontario corn yield is expected to be 137 bu and I got 140 bu. Ontario soybean yield is expected to be 39 bu and I got 44 bu.

Since August, Statistics Canada has chimed in with their yield expectations for Ontario. They are projecting Ontario corn to yield 136.7 bushels per acre on 2.15 million acres. This is down from 151.6 bushels per acre last year and 164 bushels per acre in 2010. They are projecting Ontario soybeans to yield 39.4 bushels per acre on 2.64 million acres, down from 44.9 bushels per acre last year and 46 bushels per acre in 2010. The 2012 Ontario wheat yield was set at 79 bushels per acre on 810,000 acres.

http://www.gfo.ca/Marketing/MarketTrendsCommentary.aspx

This is NOT politics....this is Farming
Check out those Futures Prices.

Kind of a fun way to distract ourselves from the News Letter which will be just fine sooner or later.

So....Scott......you think I should install my LT5 crate Engine in my John Deere (NOT Deer) Tractor? I could think of all sorts of projects in that regard. I think I will install my LT5 crate engine in my Toyota Tacoma

I will propose to Paul an article on how to use the LT5 engine on the Farm

Or better yet....How a Farmer built a 500 hp ZR-1

The 500 hp LT5 Rebuild

Scott......Just had to borrow your gif
Cliff, nice yields you are producing with the lack of precipitation this growing season. I'm a farmer like you. My soybeans came off 2 weeks ago and the yield was an impressive 59 bushels per acre. One of my neighbors pulled 77 bushels per acre out of his best field, but that is pretty rare. We were fortunate enough to get rain at just the right times this summer, resulting in formidable yields. I hate to see when crops are ploughed under due to a pathetic growing season, but that unfortunately happens. We are at the mercy of Mother Nature and she can be a cruel temptress. If the rain would stay away for a week, the rest of the white beans might be salvaged. But I digress, how can you seriously take the opinion of someone who can't even spell John Deere properly? Your patience with Scott's insults is amazing. Keep feeding cities, regardless of what country they are in.
Old 10-10-2012   #60
Dynomite

Default Sources of Technical Information for the News Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 415 View Post
Cliff, nice yields you are producing with the lack of precipitation this growing season. I'm a farmer like you. My soybeans came off 2 weeks ago and the yield was an impressive 59 bushels per acre. One of my neighbors pulled 77 bushels per acre out of his best field, but that is pretty rare. We were fortunate enough to get rain at just the right times this summer, resulting in formidable yields. I hate to see when crops are ploughed under due to a pathetic growing season, but that unfortunately happens. We are at the mercy of Mother Nature and she can be a cruel temptress. If the rain would stay away for a week, the rest of the white beans might be salvaged. But I digress, how can you seriously take the opinion of someone who can't even spell John Deere properly? Your patience with Scott's insults is amazing. Keep feeding cities, regardless of what country they are in.
Yep....same here. One neighbor only 6 miles away got 60 bu on a couple fields of beans as they had showers that just missed us in July and August. I also heard of some neighbors to the east a few miles getting 200 bu corn as they got the showers also in July. That is rare but the growing season started early this year with some corn in the ground mid April and some beans in the ground first week in May (lucky on that as we were watching the frost in mid May which would set that early planting back considerably). I got caught on early beans and did not count on the 3 inch rain we got a day after I planted (followed the next three days by record setting temperatures) which crusted the emergence (cutting emergence in half) but still ending up with 44 bu beans.

I do not think some city folks have the patience we learn early dry land farming. Our gross income can actually be close to zero some years and better than normal if we get a normal crop with high grain prices like this year as a result of the unfortunate Ill drought.

As for Scott........he has amazing LT5 and ZR-1 technical knowledge and has contributed in an awesome way to this Forum and Registry on technical issues. I kind of fell for his silo gif as my sidewalk is made from exaclty those silo interlocking tiles after we fell a neighbors silo a few years ago exaclty as the gif depicts.
This Forum is sometimes not so friendly (I was recently called a wise-*** on this Forum by an Administrator in e-mail) as the folks around here in rural South Dakota. When you dry land farm your worldy perspective and personality becomes considerably different than the normal person. And when you live in this rural environment you tend to use smilies and joke around a bit more taking life a bit less seriously. But then when you live around here you never have to lock your shed or house doors either and you can still carry your rifle or shotgun visible in your Toyota Tacoma

I will have some time to help out Paul as winter approaches (as he likes) with technical articles and photos. My new IPhone 4s is just waiting to take some more photos of The 500 hp LT5 Rebuild

I have "projects" including -Solutions- on both Forums as well as the 100 post sticky The 500 hp LT5 Rebuild over on CF for winter "projects". Both require maintenance which is a lot of fun keeping up with new technical information presented by Forum members (paying or not paying). Many Forum members take the time (out of pure hobby enjoyment) to document their own technical knowledge and experiences maintaining/modifying the ZR-1 (LT5) and Corvette (L98) on both Forums. Both Forums now often overlook cross referencing to individual technical threads/posts as long as you do not over do it chasing folks away from one Forum to the other

You will be amazed that the guys/gals here on this Forum also participate with identical contributions (and IDs) on the other Forum as well. My wife (Dynamite) has her Corvette (L98) which I modified and I am trying to get her involved at least on CF as she does assist me considerably when modifying both the LT5 and L98

I think there are some gals on this Forum as well but some of the language kind of keeps the gals at bay (Dynamite is banned here but not because of my wifes language more because she defends me)

My wife is a CA gal and..........that is her license plate in my Avatar

Now if we could only get some gals to get together with a nice News Letter article regarding corvette gals who also take great pride in the corvette hobby. I know Jim's wife is definitley a contributing partner as shown in the many great photos of Jim's Alaska trip. Just another idea for a News Letter contribution.

A Gift.......I mean gif from Scott

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-10-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Closed Thread