ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 01-06-2013   #11
Torchred96

Default Re: Oil prime with compressor and gallon jug?

Just got back to work on the Z. Today I put the oil pan back on after making sure I didn't have any extra parts laying around inside the engine.

Then, I ran an old outboard motor hose from the old oil I drained from it to the oil pressure sensor at the top of the passneger side of the engine (used a pneumatic quick connect male fitting with the hose). I couldn't get the bulb to pump fast enough, so I just filled the hose with a few squeezes of the bulb and then pushed a small amount of air through the hose.

I was pleasantly surprised to see/verify that oil is coming from all the lifter holes and the 2 cam journal holes. Recall I was worried that the lifters were not pumping up and possibly the cam journal wasn't getting oil. It only took a small amount of air pressure to get the oil squirting briskly from the holes, so I think I can put that to rest now. I did take a quick video so i could review it and look to make sure I got them all.

So I then started putting the new lifters in.. unfortunately, of the 16 melling 2236 lifters I got from autozone, only 11 of them were the right one. I should have checked them more closely when they arrived last month. Autozone customer service says they are going to send the correct ones. Im in no hurry..there's always stuff to clean on the z.

Thanks for all the tips to this thread.

Last edited by Torchred96; 01-06-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Torchred96 is offline   Reply With Quote