ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-03-2013   #11
Fully Vetted

Default Re: Pulling the trigger on New Wheels

Two things:

#1: Polished is more work to keep perfect looking. It's not like chrome.

#2: Keep in mind the limited 17" tire sizes. This would be the perfect time to jump to 18's.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #12
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKYRJ1 View Post
Polished all the way
I agree with Ricky, Polished.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #13
alwayscode390

They definitely look like Fikses.

If they are a drag race type wheel be careful. Ive had many friends bend the hell out of wheels like that, but these look to be FORGED ... so I don't think you have to worry.

Good luck with the custom specs ---
90' ZR-1 Corvette LPE #699

Last edited by alwayscode390; 02-03-2013 at 10:53 AM.
alwayscode390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #14
MikeGolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
OP - If you really wanted to stay with 17" it looks like it could be done like this 17 X 11 @33mm for the rear. That would be an ideal fit for the rear with 315's. That would move the tire wheel 3mm outboard and a very good fit. The fronts I saw at 117 X 10 @58mm for a best fit. Their 17 X 9.5 @52 would be a good fit also.

I'd be inclined to do a "polished" wheel but I don't believe I'd do either until I had a "hands-on" of the product. I'd ask questions as to weight, the center bore dimension and what type of hardware(wheel nut) is used to retain them.
This is what I was thinking about the rear but was unsure of the front off set. I didn't know how a couple mm would do. I want to stay with the 17" rims and size becuase I'm running Nitto 555 now and they seem to be in good supply. I'm also not looking to go to a wider tire because I still have the stock engine. The 11" = 20.2lbs and the 9.5" = 19.4lbs. They use conical lugs. With the center bore, I don't know, really am not digging their center cap and will probably end up with some Carter bling there.

I appreciate all the the advice and will be fully armed when I go to order. I will have to tell them their reputation with the ZR-1 community rides on that first buyer. lol! Someone has to do it. I know about the other wheel companies but I would like to look a little different. I have seen the wheels in person and they look great!

Thanks again to all the advice!
'93 #166 Black Rose
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #15
WVZR-1

There's so little consistency in their application guides, drop-downs etc it would take a very serious conversation with them to commit. With the "brake height" options it might be time to commit to the largest combination on the front that would fill the entire drum of the wheel. Some nice Wildwood or maybe Baer.

I'd be interested in what they pass on to you regarding a potential fit-ment. If you're wanting to stay with the 9.5 and the 11.0 widths the offsets I mentioned would move the tire side-wall outward 4mm in the front and 3mm outward on the rear. That should fill the wheel-wells quite well.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote