ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-06-2015   #21
Daniel_Mc

Default Re: Fender badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
Jeff,

I like the LT5 its different and looks good however form just this picture I can see the Calipers have the Splash logo on them. I have never been a fan of mixing scrips on the cars my personal preference is a uniform and consistent look. That being said I'd go back with the splash to correspond with the existing logos on the calipers. Got any direct side shots of the entire car to give an idea of the look?

-Daniel
Daniel_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015   #22
-=Jeff=-

I can get one (pic)

I forgot about the front brakes which might change anyway.. Might polish them and go with the 'Wilwood' label as that is what they are
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015   #23
Daniel_Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
I can get one (pic)

I forgot about the front brakes which might change anyway.. Might polish them and go with the 'Wilwood' label as that is what they are
Grab one if it's no big deal.

I looked at polishing the AP calipers on our Z and opted for powder coating over polish for maintenance reasons. The "almost chrome" coating is very close to polish and my guy could do the Wilwood logo for you also. He is very good and very reasonable. Regardless of what direction you choose it'll look good.

-Daniel
Daniel_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015   #24
edram454

Well everybody is entitled to their opinion. I just don't like our ZR1's to be referenced as ricer looking just because a couple of factory zr1 badges were added where they should be. That a 1992 and newer looks better with the badges than a 1990 is utterly ridiculous. ridiculous! If you don't like badges then you must not like any hood badges on any year zr1. why does it look bad on a 1990 and great on a 1992?? The General missed the boat period. There designers fell asleep and who knows maybe they wanted to save the two pennies and exclude the two badges on the 1990 and 1991.

Some guys have splash logos on there cars and that is ok. Does that look like a ricer?? To have your car labeled (ricer looking) is a big insult to a Corvette owner. I am for the owner to do whatever he likes within reason but we must agree that a couple of little badges wont make any ZR1 LT5 into a ricer clone ever. Some people might agree that a totally stock 100% car would be quite boring to own and some people might love it that way so we should be a little more accepting of others modest mods and if a car has non stock rims or a couple of accents that the General didnt include with the car new we should not single them out and accuse them of having that ricer look.

The general screwed up many times and shafted lots of hard working American citizens by selling them tons of crappy cars. They have improved over the years but lots of damage has been done. The only chevys I have ever owned have been Corvettes only. I don't respect the General that much any more based on its past performance but I still do like the Corvette. I am a Corvette enthusiast and will always be one. The General is lucky I am loyal to only that brand. There have been great people behind the Chevrolet moniker that have made the car what it is today despite the Generals bean counters and the gluttonous sloths in their ivory towers trying to kill the project for years. Long live the Corvette Zr1 with additional badges of course!!

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015   #25
GOLDCYLON

Your car Jeff do what you want. I am a fan of the fender badge to match the rear. Since you have the splash logo on your calipers already maybe the LT5 Badge will mix things up for you a bit style wise and give you a bit of change? GC
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015   #26
XfireZ51

I like the ZR-1 fender badge because I can pull up to someone at the light or at a constant cruise and they can see this ain't no ordinary C4. Exhaust note will give it away a bit too. I prefer the ZR-1 since most people will recognize that vs knowing what an LT-5 is. I enjoy watching something like a 5.0 or older Cobra run to catch up and then pull alongside. When they see the ZR-1 badge, they keep rolling forward.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015   #27
Blue Flame Restorations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
I didn't know that 91s were sans fender badges! Ami's Turq Monster has 'em, so I guess I assumed they were factory. Hmmmm.... Apparently NOT, according to "some"?

Well, I didn't know they weren't suppose to be there, and I didn't ever think they looked "wrong". So.... I might put some on the 90, if I can find some...maybe.

I always liked the badges on the ole Turq Monster. I think they look just right on any year ZR-1. What's NOT to like?!
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015   #28
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame Restorations View Post
I always liked the badges on the ole Turq Monster. I think they look just right on any year ZR-1. What's NOT to like?!
What's not to like? Yeah...that's what I keep turning over too. The 90 has the subtle distinction of having the 80s style front bumper with the ZR-1 tail: pretty unique. However, there's very little distinction between a 91 thru 95 that isn't shared by the base cars. So, too, I believe the 91s should have the fender badges. And, if someone adds them, they look like they belong there, have always been there, so as you say...What's NOT to like??

If I had a line on some red badges, I'd probably put them on the 90. Fact is, I like um!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015   #29
Bob Eyres

I'm a fan of the ZR-1 "splash" logo. It existed back when these badges were first used, so I think it would be great to have a real cast metal "Splash" logo on the rear, polished, with color painted in. I guess that might be "old school " style, with cast metal LT-5's on the front too, up on the side of the hood bulge.

For such a high end car, those cheeseball plastic stock logos really don't look appropriate to me. To use more than one would be compounding the injury. But that's just my humble opinion.

Stickers? They don't seem substantial enough to go anywhere but under the hood somewhere.

I got into trouble awhile back by mocking the guys who put ZR-1 and LT-5 emblems everywhere possible on a ZR-1. On the nose, at the license plate cover, splashed on the hood, and stuck on the sides of the hood, on every wheel plug cap, on the rear glass, on the vanity tag, on the license plate frame, under the rear in the spare tire well, in the interior, on the seat head rests, on the console, on the dashboard, on the floor mats, on the windshield, on the engine. It can get ridiculous if you don't contain yourself. This is less evident today, because why flaunt that you have a $20K car? This wasn't the same back in the nineties when owners of $70K ZR-1's really wanted you to know it.

Most of us are guilty of one or more of these sins, but I enjoy the stealth nature of the ZR-1. I like it that it's not recognizable. Even my vanity tag- 4CM-LT5 means nothing to your average motorist, or enthusiast. and I like it that way.

I've always said, "Those in the know can tell it's a ZR-1 at a glance, even with no emblems. Those that can't, don't matter to me."

1991 ZR-1 White/Black #1236 (Owner since 1994).
Stock engine with bolt-ons: Hurst shifter,"Forced Air" intake, Coplon duct, Bee Cool Radiator, Demon coils, Jeal prom, Watson headers, X pipe, 3" B&B's, Rippie flywheel, 4:10 gears, A molds, Toyo Proxes-R888's 12.06@117mph. 1.76 60ft.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015   #30
BigJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic ZR-1 View Post
They're not there now.
What!
I have one on the rear bumper just like your car.
My car is ready, is yours???

BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote