ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-08-2015   #1
Billy Mild

Default Car got hit for the second time in a months time

Can someone tell me why no one takes responsibility for their actions? Back at the beginning of August my car was backed up into, and no note was left. I knew it was a newer Explorer with a trailer hitch receiver on it. I took pictures then turned it into the police. Of course they are unable to do something unless I have a plate number.

The police took down the case of a Hit and Run and told me if I found the plate number to let them know. 2 weeks later I was at the gym again and saw the car. I immediately took down the plate number and found out who the owner was. That person works out at my gym, but it turns out that his GF actually drove his explorer to the gym that morning. The police followed up with her and she admitted that she drove the car that morning, but didn't realize she hit my car. She contacted me on Sunday, and told me to get a estimate for the damage. I get an estimate and now she is pissed at the cost.

Worst part about this is today my car was hit again when it was parked, in front of the gym... I have no idea this time who hit as it happened while i was in the coffee shop.

What is wrong with people? If you make a mistake own up to it and then ask to see how you can fix it.
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015   #2
ZRXMAX

Default Re: Car got hit for the second time in a months time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
Can someone tell me why no one takes responsibility for their actions? Back at the beginning of August my car was backed up into, and no note was left. I knew it was a newer Explorer with a trailer hitch receiver on it. I took pictures then turned it into the police. Of course they are unable to do something unless I have a plate number.

The police took down the case of a Hit and Run and told me if I found the plate number to let them know. 2 weeks later I was at the gym again and saw the car. I immediately took down the plate number and found out who the owner was. That person works out at my gym, but it turns out that his GF actually drove his explorer to the gym that morning. The police followed up with her and she admitted that she drove the car that morning, but didn't realize she hit my car. She contacted me on Sunday, and told me to get a estimate for the damage. I get an estimate and now she is pissed at the cost.

Worst part about this is today my car was hit again when it was parked, in front of the gym... I have no idea this time who hit as it happened while i was in the coffee shop.

What is wrong with people? If you make a mistake own up to it and then ask to see how you can fix it.
Sometimes when I am parked in a busy or tight area I will take a couple of pictures of the cars parked next to my car including the license plates.. I have also been blocked in by other drivers whom parked so close I unable to move without a spotter.

Whats wrong with people you ask? They don't care. A while back a lady made an illegal left turn in front of a motorcyclist here locally. He crashed into her and

was out cold. She would have left the scene if it wasn't for the schools kids who ran over with cell phones taking pictures.
91 ZR-1 #661 Watsons, 3" exhaust, Borlas... Hurst, 4.11s, Samco, RD radiator, gel coated motor... turquise / black
ZRXMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015   #3
Dime

This is why I park in the middle nowhere when I take mine out. Sorry to hear that though, that's just plan sucky.
Old 09-10-2015   #4
edram454

this is why i dont park my car in any public parking. i go for joy rides and maybe to a relatives house and back home. I drove my car to georgia, made one stop for gas and stopped at south georgia corvette and left it there for some work. it is parked indoors at the shop. I just try to not park in public parking if it could be avoided. i would never go to the gym with it. people just dont give a crap. they are happy with the piles of crap they drive and since they dont care about there car they dont car about yours either. I dont care where I park my other cars but my corvette is always protected against body damage as much as possible.

sometimes you have to park it and leave it exposed and on those days you just pray it doesnt get rammed. If it does just fix it. what else can you do? Most people wont own up to it. dishonesty is rampant.

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015   #5
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Stay away from the gym!!

I got lucky, I guess... This summer someone backed into my Z as well. I was lucky in that only the license plate got damaged - a set of deep creases that scratched the paint off of the lettering. Anywhere else (either side) and it would have been my NEW PAINT if not the bumper too!

It had to have happened that one time when I parked it on the street while visiting a 'Farmer's Market'. I recall a pick-up being parked in front of me - and I know how hard it is to see something like a Vette over the top of the tailgate of one of those things...(don't ask!). Either that, or at a car show... Now, THAT would really piz me off!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015   #6
mike100

Sounds like somebody needs a gym car. There is a certain freedom owning a sh!tbox.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015   #7
We Gone

Car shows, driving or only if I can see it while its parked. I did have a C5 that got backed into by a raised pickup in traffic that wanted to turn around but I was in the car and he got out complaining how cars that low should be outlawed, and he was a County Sheriff so of coarse he was not charged but his insurance did pay. His hitch went thru the bumper hood and right fender he only stopped when his tire hit the bumper!!

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015   #8
Kevin

Someone backed into my mustang when it was parked outside. Hit it so hard it cracked the bumper and imprinted the dealer plate frame into it. No note
Old 09-11-2015   #9
George Maz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
Sounds like somebody needs a gym car. There is a certain freedom owning a sh!tbox.
I loved my 2000 Nissan Altima SE, driving to the firehouse in Harlem, NYC for past 12 years...tough little car. We've been through a lot together (like Herbie 53), so I gave it away to someone special. I still service & fix her, so that means I get to drive it occasionally. Yesterday I did a brake job and reattached the front bumper...after it got backed into while parked recently.
Takes a licking, keeps on ticking!
1990 ZR-1 #1587
1990 ZR-1 #1727

Last edited by George Maz; 09-11-2015 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spleing
George Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015   #10
Vette73

I had that with my Stingray.....Meanwhile the guy who backed into me wasn't parralel parking, he was just plain backing up at least fifty feet, I saw him....

Call your insurance company ...I did and they took care of it..If I park on the street I always try to give it its own spot, or I park legal distance from a pump so nobody can back into me..

Our vettes are low and people don't take the time to realize this..They keep backing thinking the beginning of our hood scoops are the front of the car because that is what they see in there rear view mirror...

Sorry to hear about your car....Once again call the ins company..
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote