ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 05-13-2016   #1
cp870

Default 1990 ZR1 less than 19,000 miles

Up for sale is one of the cleanest and lowest mileage "King Of the Hill" ZR1 corvettes you will find!! It has been garaged since new and hasn't been driven hard, in the rain or any bad weather to speak of...If you are looking for an investment grade ZR1 or just one of the most reliable super cars ever, this is the car for you!

The condition of this specific ZR1 is excellent, I would rate it a 9/10. The paint shines brilliantly and the only imperfections are a very few pinhead paint chips on the exterior, a chipped piece of plastic trim around the drivers side electric seat switch molding (which I have the chipped piece) and the cup holder covers spring is missing and won't close completely (I'm currently attempting to source a replacement). The interior is in great shape with no cracking or tears in the leather, the dash is in perfect condition as are the door panels.

This specific ZR1 was ordered with both tops, the matching painted targa top and the glass top. I don't believe the glass top has ever been on the car and it still has the production tape on the back of top as seen in one of the pics. The Corvette socket wrench for removing the tops is included and is in the center console. EVERYTHING works as it should and there are no warning lights on, it doesn't smoke or drip any fluids..it simply performs and drives as you would expect a sub 19,000 mile car to!!

Included in the sale is the original "Pizza Box" which contains a hard bound owners pamphlet, a matching owners manual and a VHS tape. Also included is a leather bound ZR1 case with the original owners name and VIN engraved on a plaque. Inside is the original purchase contract from 12/16/89, the original window sticker, a copy of the original owners title, pre delivery inspection paperwork and a stack of miscellaneous items from over the years!

This ZR1 simply has fantastic documentation to go along with an absolutely fantastic running machine. I'm sure I am forgetting something and I could ramble on and on, if you have ANY questions feel free to email, text or call anytime at (602)697-6462.

I'm relying on the expertise of everyone here to tell me if I'm asking too much??

$25,700obo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0398.JPG (105.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0499.JPG (108.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0404.JPG (68.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0457.JPG (150.6 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0414.JPG (98.0 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by cp870; 05-22-2016 at 02:33 PM.
cp870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016   #2
KILLSHOTS

Default Re: 1990 ZR1 less than 19,000 miles

Are you sure you want honest feedback? Here's the thread on my car. I'm very close to you. My car was nearly perfect when I bought it and I went crazy on it. It was beyond amazing. Nobody cared about it, no inquiries whatsoever. Dumped it at Courtesy Chevrolet for $20K, traded on my '13 vert. At least I made good money my '13 when I sold it.

Not throwing stones, bro, just trying to give the honest feedback you're requesting. The market says your car is probably at 20K right now, at best, unfortunately. If anybody disagrees, then I challenge them to put their money where their mouth is. Talk, like the NADA guide, is cheap. At least yours is red, though...that's worth a lot. Mine was white and it was virtually invisible. I really hope you get what you're asking. Still love these cars. Good luck!

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread....light=stunning

Last edited by KILLSHOTS; 05-13-2016 at 09:20 PM.
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016   #3
cp870

Thanks for the honesty Chris, I appreciate it! That's around some of the offers I've received locally which is a shame for these cars!!

Hopefully someone will appreciate it enough to bump it up a little, otherwise it will continue to look good in the garage!
Old 05-13-2016   #4
PhillipsLT5

Just drive/hammer & enjoy, permagrin
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016   #5
Racinfan83

Now isn't the time to sell one. I have a 20k mile 90 that has won class in several shows. And I'd be lucky to get $20k for it right now judging by what other stuff has sold for recently. Drive the crap out of it and enjoy!
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016   #6
Vette73

Since I bought my 91 back in November of 14 I have been following sales trends for these cars....

I think we have to start looking at it this way -You really think the car is worth 60-65 thousand brand new? Let's be real.....

I think Chevrolet had a great marketing tool back then - - fastest production car in the world I believe was the phrase " life begins at 180"....

The Corvettes built today are faster.....Z06 if I'm not mistaken can do 206 MPH but does the marketing team stress that? No.......

So if our C4 ZR1s are going for 20-21k for a mint example than maybe that's all there worth,since in my opinion the original price for this car was through the roof.....There's an old saying, it's worth what someone will pay for it...Well, back in the early 90s I think Chevy capitalized on this with there marketing of the ZR1....

So with that said, drive the heck out of it and enjoy it...!!!
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016   #7
gen2rt

Ya know, 73vette, I just gotta say, comments like that tell me you really don't understand what these cars are about. Go back and read Heart of the Beast and you'll understand - the lt5 broke ground for GM, it restored credibility of the corvette, that had been lost at the end of the c3 run. It was the best engineering available from GM at that time. Time moves on, so does technology. Nobody buys a 70 hemi cuda today for what it'll do relative to the technology today. They buy it because they remember what it represented (and how bad they might've wanted one 45 years ago). Guys (like my nephew) would've killed for a zr1 back in the day, now he's having kids, can't think about one, even at current prices, he still wants one all the same.
They're aren't too many cars out there that look as good as a zr1 when the hood is open, even the new z06 with all its plastic.
Old 05-14-2016   #8
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post
Are you sure you want honest feedback? Here's the thread on my car. I'm very close to you. My car was nearly perfect when I bought it and I went crazy on it. It was beyond amazing. Nobody cared about it, no inquiries whatsoever. Dumped it at Courtesy Chevrolet for $20K, traded on my '13 vert. At least I made good money my '13 when I sold it.

Not throwing stones, bro, just trying to give the honest feedback you're requesting. The market says your car is probably at 20K right now, at best, unfortunately. If anybody disagrees, then I challenge them to put their money where their mouth is. Talk, like the NADA guide, is cheap. At least yours is red, though...that's worth a lot. Mine was white and it was virtually invisible. I really hope you get what you're asking. Still love these cars. Good luck!

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread....light=stunning
What Chris said. About 20k tops and with the right buyer.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016   #9
cp870

I'm not trying to start a feud between everyone lol! I couldn't afford one back in the day and although I can afford a new stingray, it's just not the same! If I don't get somewhere close to where I'm asking, no big deal. I'll just put it away for a few years and drive it on the weekends!
Old 05-14-2016   #10
Arctic91

I hope that you get closer to $25.7 than $20... it's worth every penny even if the market hasn't valued them appropriately yet. GLWS!

Scott

'95 Callaway SNAT 450 Aerobody Coupe - Black/Black
'92 Callaway SNAT 400 Convertible - Polo Green/Beige
'91 ZR-1 #1231 - Arctic White/Saddle (SOLD)
'90 ZR-1 #2547 - Turquoise Metallic/Black
'89 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody Coupe #027 - Black/Black
'85 Corvette 454 Coupe - White/Red
Arctic91 is offline   Reply With Quote