ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-07-2017   #11
diamond zr1

Default Re: 22.600 for a showroom 94 blk/red

if you buy the best of the best in c4's either Callaways or zr-1s the right buyer will come along/might have a 15,000 dollar spread between good car and great unusual car,color etc. you can buy a rag for 10k and put 20 in it/still a high mileage rag/buy a nice zr-1 for 18 to 20k maybe 30/40k miles car well maintained and drive the heck out of it/if you are willing to pay 35 to 50k for a rare car you get the best of the best//When we were at Carlisle this year we met several folks that were interested in Phil's cr-1/also meet a couple from Germany looking for late model low mileage aerobody callaways//these cars are going into large collections//bottom line /buy the car you want and enjoy it,either by looking at it and polishing it,or driving the heck out of it/c3 c4 c5 and now c6 are dirt cheap//dealers are already discounting new c7s 20 percent vrs. msrp plus 18 months back/junk c1s and c2s are bringing more then a rare c4 and are crap to drive//enjoy your cars they are special
diamond zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017   #12
BlackSheepz

Black/Red is my dream color combo so I am very aware of this car and in fact have been in contact with the company that is selling it because I like to cheat on my car by looking at other cars.... (that and like I said, dream color combo).

This was the second time the car has been auctioned on Ebay in the last few weeks. The first time the car sold for $21k but it went up again a week later; dealer said the original buyer never made contact with them. When I talked pricing with them they told me straight up the minimum they would take was $22,500. (looks like they hit it with the $22,600). My research said that the dealer/someone bought the car for $18k at auction in November, but last year the car sold in Mecum I think it was for $26k. Car has been passed around a few times in the last couple years, think it was looking for its 5th owner as I recall. The car was not located in Reno with the dealer, it was located somewhere in California.

On their website both this car and a red/black 90 ZR-1 (1 owner) were both listed at $27,600.

Car was SUPER clean, but also had a few aftermarket modifications to it. Things like it had a Borla exhaust, hurst shifter, was missing the transparent top, and the dealer didn't know if the previous owners had chromed the factory wheels and put that silly ZR1 logo in the middle, or if they were aftermarket.

It was a very clean car though, shocked me when it sold for $22,600. I was thinking it would get closer to their asking price of $27,600 easily.
1990 ZR-1 #2530

Gone but not forgotten:
1988 Z52 4+3
1992 LT1 6 speed
BlackSheepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017   #13
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheepz View Post
Black/Red is my dream color combo so I am very aware of this car and in fact have been in contact with the company that is selling it because I like to cheat on my car by looking at other cars.... (that and like I said, dream color combo).

This was the second time the car has been auctioned on Ebay in the last few weeks. The first time the car sold for $21k but it went up again a week later; dealer said the original buyer never made contact with them. When I talked pricing with them they told me straight up the minimum they would take was $22,500. (looks like they hit it with the $22,600). My research said that the dealer/someone bought the car for $18k at auction in November, but last year the car sold in Mecum I think it was for $26k. Car has been passed around a few times in the last couple years, think it was looking for its 5th owner as I recall. The car was not located in Reno with the dealer, it was located somewhere in California.

On their website both this car and a red/black 90 ZR-1 (1 owner) were both listed at $27,600.

Car was SUPER clean, but also had a few aftermarket modifications to it. Things like it had a Borla exhaust, hurst shifter, was missing the transparent top, and the dealer didn't know if the previous owners had chromed the factory wheels and put that silly ZR1 logo in the middle, or if they were aftermarket.

It was a very clean car though, shocked me when it sold for $22,600. I was thinking it would get closer to their asking price of $27,600 easily.
Interesting very interesting......18K at auction? What type of auction? Did the dealer delve into that info to you?

Plus you said Car was sold at Mecum for 26,000.....I guess that's with buyers premium...Even so that's decent money for a Z.....I guess who ever bought it at Mecum did not like it.....

Car looked super super clean.....Very weird car in this condition would be thrown around so to speak in the past year......
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017   #14
BlackSheepz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
Interesting very interesting......18K at auction? What type of auction? Did the dealer delve into that info to you?

Plus you said Car was sold at Mecum for 26,000.....I guess that's with buyers premium...Even so that's decent money for a Z.....I guess who ever bought it at Mecum did not like it.....

Car looked super super clean.....Very weird car in this condition would be thrown around so to speak in the past year......
Dealer didn't tell me about the auction, I googled the VIN and it came up that way which surprised me as that's not always how it works, but I wasn't going to look that little gift from google in the mouth. I just tried to find the auction page again and I can't so either I stumbled onto something the last time in a late night stuper, or maybe I'm a slight bit crazy. (Could be a 50/50). Was a listing of corvette auctions that does not appear to be there now.

VIN IS 1G1YZ22J7R5800023. A number of things bothered me about it, one of which was how many places the car was listed for sale. Lot of little dealerships, not the kind of places you want to buy a ZR-1 from.

I was also wrong, the car sold in Barret Jackson for $25,300 in Las Vegas 2014.
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...R-COUPE-177327
1990 ZR-1 #2530

Gone but not forgotten:
1988 Z52 4+3
1992 LT1 6 speed
BlackSheepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017   #15
gen2rt

If somebody has a car fax account, we'd all be interested to see what that shows?
Old 01-08-2017   #16
RoadRat

Well, the stupid guy that sold his on eBay got more than the 1991 that mecum sold today for $21,500.00, and the 1990 that fetched $19,000.00. Should someone expect to get that much more for a 94 then for a 90 or 91...or is Mecum also a bad place to try to sell one of our beloved cars?
Maybe someday our time will come...until then, I say enjoy the ride. Are any of us really into muscle cars to make money? If yes, then I'm clearly doing it wrong...

Last edited by RoadRat; 01-08-2017 at 03:40 PM.
RoadRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017   #17
gen2rt

ZR-1 values are languishing, because the desirability is in kind of a nether land right now (my opinion). Based on comments here, and hindsight of the past 20 years - for its time, the ZR-1 was the most performance you could buy for the money. The guys who bought them new, though, were in a different tax bracket than most of us that have these cars today. It could be said that they retained that performance edge for about 10 years after production. That edge went away with the C6, Z06 and ZR1 variants. The ZR-1 when new, was a rich guy's toy, some guys prepped them for the track, but took a lot of effort, it doesn't seem that's what Chevrolet had in mind when they built them. Face it, if a guy wants to buy performance and has a little bit more to spend, he's going to look at a C6 before he does a C4 ZR1.
And if a guy is into nostalgia, I think the c4s are still too new (read common, especially considering they don't look any different to the uneducated) to hold the attraction needed before guys get into bidding frenzies like they do with some of the C3 and C2 models. I see $2500 C4 beaters - not that uncommon, and until owners finally give up the ghost and start sending C4s to the crusher in bigger numbers, they're just not considered special by the general car enthusiast. I think it's inevitable though. Economics say you reach a point where you buy another car instead of bleeding your bank account on what feels like a lost cause. So I think we need to see a lot more C4s come off the road, and even maybe some used up ZR-1s (accidents, or economically beyond repair) scrapped. Eventually, people will start noticing that C4 at the end of the row of cars with the hood up and the engine that doesn't look like the rest of them.
I think it'll happen, just going to take a little longer.
Old 01-08-2017   #18
edram454

dealer auctions like manheim pass these zr1's around for 10 to 15k...for low mileage nice ones. if you are a dealer and can attend you know what I am talking about. the car will sell quickly but very, very cheaply...or what they really bring with a little meat on the bone so the dealer can make his 1 or 2 grand.

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017   #19
Vette73

21,500 for a 91 and 19,000 for a 1990 at Mecuum? Sounds like not bad prices...Don't know the mileage but I'm sure the condition of the cars were nice...As a previous member said "are we really into buying muscle cars to turn a profit"? I agree....The real big money cars more than half the time are bought buy collectors and the car will never see the light of day..

So I say right now is a good time to buy a performance corvette ZR-1 Z0-6 C-6 vette mod them to your liking and just try to enjoy them....
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017   #20
G8nightman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
21,500 for a 91 and 19,000 for a 1990 at Mecuum? Sounds like not bad prices...Don't know the mileage but I'm sure the condition of the cars were nice...As a previous member said "are we really into buying muscle cars to turn a profit"? I agree....The real big money cars more than half the time are bought buy collectors and the car will never see the light of day..

So I say right now is a good time to buy a performance corvette ZR-1 Z0-6 C-6 vette mod them to your liking and just try to enjoy them....
I was at the auction when both 91 and 90 came across the block the 91 supposedly had only 1600 miles but no way! That car looked more like 180000 miles ext int and engine bay was very bad I was very surprised it went past 5000. The 90 was way cleaner and IMO sold well at 19000
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2315 'SOLD'
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2774 'SOLD'
91 Chevy ZR1 Callaway aerobody
91 Chevy ZR1 #1512
91 Chevy ZR1 #951
95 Chevy ZR1 #338 'SOLD'
91 BMW 850i
94 BMW 850csi
95 BMW 850csi
94 Lotus Esprit S4
07 Benz CLS550
06 BMW M5 "SOLD"