ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-31-2017   #21
WVZR-1

Default Re: C Beam plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozruss90 View Post
FYI. I have ordered the Beam plates through Bill at zfdoc. Got a fast response from him via email. Parts on the shelf and ready to ship. I'll have them here in Australia in 6 - 10 days. I'm happy with that.
Didn't want to create any conflict about manufacturing a part v purchasing a part. Sometimes I'm happy to fix, or make a part if I can. Otherwise I'm happy to buy it from someone else. Hey. That's what makes to world go around.
On the shelf - "ready to ship" matters!
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017   #22
RussMcB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
<snip>

it hints that you suspect I know nothing of these!
Dynomite's suspicions might have been in response to my post, not yours (a guess), and he would have been correct. I personally have not seen the plates (only the pictures), so I was probably assuming they were much simpler pieces than they are, and wouldn't be too difficult to make.

I am kind of an amateur (amateurish?) fabricator, so my first inclination is always, can I make it myself? (knowing that if I made some they wouldn't be as nice as Bill's).

Just thought I'd post this thought in case it helps clear the air a bit. I appreciate all the constructive posts here in ZR1.net.
Russ McBride, [COLOR="Red"]Car Sold 8/2020[/COLOR] #1635, Marietta, GA USA, 1991 ZR-1, #766 (bought 1/1/2015)
MS3-Pro, OBX, SW X-Pipe, Borla, Hurst, SLP, Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Kenwood. HOTB 2016Q3
[IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=316&pictureid=2873[/IMG] [IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=2985[/IMG]
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017   #23
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
Dynomite's suspicions might have been in response to my post, not yours (a guess), and he would have been correct. I personally have not seen the plates (only the pictures), so I was probably assuming they were much simpler pieces than they are, and wouldn't be too difficult to make.

I am kind of an amateur (amateurish?) fabricator, so my first inclination is always, can I make it myself? (knowing that if I made some they wouldn't be as nice as Bill's).

Just thought I'd post this thought in case it helps clear the air a bit. I appreciate all the constructive posts here in ZR1.net.
Suspicions???? None.......
Amateur......NO...you (RussMcB) are NOT an Amateur when it comes to the ZR-1
And.......WVZR-1 is one of the best for parts information I have ever known
And....WVZR-1 knows the Manuals inside and out.....That is my Suspicion

Have fun guys...........

Oh......The Top C4 Beam Plates (ZFdoc) are a little complex in that the Nuts are NOT welded in place but captured and free floating (not allowed to turn). The Bottom C4 Beam Plates are shown here. I have NOT seen any photos of other C4 Beam Plates having that feature. This allows the C4 Beam Bolts to self align without any additional stress from tipping or lateral movement of the two Self Locking Nuts. A very Creative Design from other Load Distribution Designs (C4 Beam Clamping) I have seen

C4 Beam Plates and Installation

There are a Hand Full of Modifications I do to Every ZR-1/LT5 and C4 Corvette (L98). Adding the C4 Beam Plates by ZFdoc is one of those Modifications

Last edited by Dynomite; 08-01-2017 at 02:15 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #24
rkreigh

I've used the beam plates and for a small chunk of metal they do pretty good. Plus bill is a great engineer and has personally helped me a lot. Anyway try em out. If you can group buy bill will save ya a few $👍
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017   #25
Vette Guy

I have them on all my C4s. IMHO, Bill's (ZFDOC) are worth every penny. I could cut out something flat and weld nuts on it, but Bill's are much more than that. The 302 stainless is reinforced to make sure the C-Beam remains stiff. Bottom line - they work to tighten up your handling. We just installed a set 2 weeks ago from ZFDOC on a friend's C4 race car we're prepping for the 2018 vintage sprint series.

Quote:
The only person that could confirm maybe that these are "early" might likely be Curtis Ward
My guess is that Curtis had his set made by Corey Henderson - another fabrication master. Corey did everything to Curtis' 91 ZR-1, prepping it to run over 200 MPH in the BBORR back in ~2000.

Highly Recommend beam plates from Bill Boudreau (ZFDOC).

Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote