ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-07-2008   #11
cuisinartvette

Default Re: New Time with Headers

3mph, nice addition. Man I hope I canget some LTs this next year sometime. Just dying to do porting.
Old 04-07-2008   #12
bradslt5

very nice times for the alt . did you have dr or street tires . what was your launch rpm?did you do aprom change ?
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #13
Peaven

Definately a good testimonial for what headers do for this engine...nice times John.
'94 ABZ Lucky #13-SOLD
Peaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #14
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin ryan
apples to apples & mods to mods for 2700ft. uncorrected altitude that time is stout, nuf said
Ugh, forgot we don't have the 'I agree' icon.....Man John that is waaaay stout!

Stock 375 motor except for headers?

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #15
Hammer

Talking Re: New Time with Headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72
Ugh, forgot we don't have the 'I agree' icon.....Man John that is waaaay stout!

Stock 375 motor except for headers?

Tom
Not stock, I have the following add on's:
Watson Headers - No Cats (yet)
Open Lid w/ K&N Filter
Coplon Duct
Marc Haibeck Chip w/ Calibration for the headers
Flowmaster #17115 Cat Back Exhaust
Hurst Short Throw Shifter

The 12.532 run was with a launch at about 3500 RPM's, may have been a little higher too, I don't really watch the RPM's as I am trying for good lights. RT's that day (first of the season) were .121, .113 and .116. I usually run about 28 to 30 lbs of air in the front tires, but didn't let any air out as I wasn't really looking for good lights here (just a T&T). I have the Goodyear GS-D3's and I heat them up with a rolling burnout (no water) and 25-26 lbs of air. The car hooked real well with a 60 ft time of 1.928, the best 60' I've had to date.
Ryan used NHRA correction factors and this run at sea level calced to a 12.12 @ 116.60
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #16
tomtom72

John, Thanks for the reply!

Okay, not box stock.....but damn man you didn't mention any porting of the top end & checking the cams' timming & adjusting if need be....just, well, just Damn that car is quick!

Stout motor ya got there!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
Old 04-09-2008   #17
Hammer

Talking Re: New Time with Headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72
John, Thanks for the reply!

Okay, not box stock.....but damn man you didn't mention any porting of the top end & checking the cams' timming & adjusting if need be....just, well, just Damn that car is quick!

Stout motor ya got there!
No problem on the reply Tom. No porting, and probably won't. I'm pretty happy with the way the car runs now and never have been one that longs for more and more.

I bracket raced a '70 Camaro for 8 years and watched everyone around me go faster and faster and spend more and more money. All it got them was a car that would eat up their bank accounts. The funny thing was I whipped their *** everytime I pulled to the line with them. They'd come over and we'd talk about how much faster they were and I'd put the money (from the wins) in the bank and they'd just spend more to go even faster and break more stuff.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #18
tomtom72

Well all I can say is that your skill as a driver shows, and the car ain't too shabby either!

Oh, and I agree 100% with what you wrote in the post above! Almost any sports car is a money pit, how big of a pit just depends upon how fast & quick ya wanna go! I remember this line from somewhere: "Speed secrets, besides military secrets, are the most fleeting secrets in all the world!".....I think it was in a car mag...I think?

Old 04-09-2008   #19
bradslt5

I agree about trying to go tooo far power wise , with one exception the porting of the inj and plenum . its a no brainer along with the headers and really completes the car. going any farther gets costly .. i can hardly wait to see what headers do on the callaway . very nice 60ft on street tires by the by . i'll bet you drive the youngsters nuts having their modded cars being slower than you ,these cars still hold their own after all these years.
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #20
FU

Nice times John. Glad too see that you are out enjoying the car !

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote