ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-15-2010   #31
tomtom72

Default Re: Blue Smoke

For plug 8 use this link
http://zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_techtips.htm

Okay, I'm gonna go out on a limb a bit Luis, check them PCV's because there ain't no oil on those plugs....#8 we need to see but I kind of doubt it will have anything other than look like a combo of 19 & 12.

Oh, sorry. Luis, I'm Tom!

Also, I know somewhere there is a write up on how to make the heads accept/ use a tapered seat spark plug....I just don't remember where I saw it as when I got my 90 I made up my mind to stick with the cheaper 41-602 plugs.

Tom

I just noticed that you have 210 RC's and not the usual 205's. Hummmmm, I'm wondering if they flow too much fuel and the smoke is actually black or slightly black due to the bigger injectors? I have to say this up front, I do not know enough about that stuff to make a call. Lets run down the rest of the stuff first before I have you go off in a fruitless direction.
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member

Last edited by tomtom72; 04-15-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: because I'm senile
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010   #32
bobbyhi

Are the PCV's readily available?? I think it is time to change mine. Never changed since I bought the Z a few years ago. I also am blowing some blue smoke............
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010   #33
FULLPWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyhi View Post
Are the PCV's readily available?? I think it is time to change mine. Never changed since I bought the Z a few years ago. I also am blowing some blue smoke............
you too huh...yesterday i went to autozone just to ck so i could get now & they dont stock them. gonna ck with this delco parts house at lunch today to see if they have them.. let you know.
FULLPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010   #34
FULLPWR

I just noticed that you have 210 RC's and not the usual 205's. Hummmmm, I'm wondering if they flow too much fuel and the smoke is actually black or slightly black due to the bigger injectors? I have to say this up front, I do not know enough about that stuff to make a call. Lets run down the rest of the stuff first before I have you go off in a fruitless direction.[/QUOTE]

maybe.....huh....
Old 04-15-2010   #35
tomtom72

Bob, usually I order the PCV's when I make my "winter maintenance parts order" at one of the online parts houses. I can't rely on the local parts stores for LT5 stuff in my area.

I do them every year, but then I do between 3k to 5k miles a year. I just consider most of what I buy every winter the cost of using my car as much as I can every summer. I hate doing any maintenance during the driving season, so I try to have it all covered before I start my season. I'm like a selfish little kid once the summer starts!

Louis, I really have to say that sizing injectors for a motor, let alone our motors, is waaaaay beyond my knowledge level. I'm still putting my bet on the PCV's....

1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010   #36
bobbyhi

Do you happen to have a part number and who you order from???
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
Bob, usually I order the PCV's when I make my "winter maintenance parts order" at one of the online parts houses. I can't rely on the local parts stores for LT5 stuff in my area.

I do them every year, but then I do between 3k to 5k miles a year. I just consider most of what I buy every winter the cost of using my car as much as I can every summer. I hate doing any maintenance during the driving season, so I try to have it all covered before I start my season. I'm like a selfish little kid once the summer starts!

Louis, I really have to say that sizing injectors for a motor, let alone our motors, is waaaaay beyond my knowledge level. I'm still putting my bet on the PCV's....

1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
Old 04-15-2010   #37
VetteMed

Right side PCV valve CV913C
Left side PCV valve CV769C
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010   #38
bobbyhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteMed View Post
Right side PCV valve CV913C
Left side PCV valve CV769C

Thanks for the info..........you guys are the greatest
1990 #2405 White/Gray

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
Old 04-15-2010   #39
bobbyhi

Hopefully the last question....There is a white tie-strap on them. Do I have to replace the strap????
1990 #2405 White/Gray

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
Old 04-15-2010   #40
FULLPWR

Bob,
I found the pcv's today @ X-L Parts in houston 281-445-9109
CV913C & CV769C. i bought a few extra if you have trouble finding them let me know.

Luis

oh they had the fuel filter also, GF652 supeceded the GF481

Last edited by FULLPWR; 04-15-2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: added