ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 09-13-2010   #51
Nick

Default Re: NW region ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRWON View Post
Wrong Nick as demonstrated, there can be NO EXCEPTIONS to the bylaws
Roger that, Bill. Thanks for your input on this issue.
As an aside, let's get together sometime. Maybe a non-Registry sponsored Whidbey cruise?
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #52
4DSZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Roger that, Bill. Thanks for your input on this issue.
As an aside, let's get together sometime. Maybe a non-Registry sponsored Whidbey cruise?
Great idea for a cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick
4DSZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #53
ZRWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
Wow man, you sure can sling some ****!
...several slanderous accusations and present exactly zero facts?
Were you involved in the Jeff thing? ? It seems pretty clear to me that if the majority of the board had it in for the guy, he'd be facing criminal charges instead of just being asked to step down.
How many of the board members have you met?
Please, please quantify this opinion you have. Or else please, please stop posting it over and over.
You'd be suprised about how many of the real details I know about what exactly went on with Jeff, Mom's resignation and why, and many other ZR-1 registry events, NE events etc.
I'll not bother to continue this political BS by posting any of what I know which will just rekindle the fires.. Time to let it die.
ZRWON '90 #553 & BEAST2 '93 #211, an AutoMasters Street Skinner version of a BlackWidow LT5
[URL]http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_faq.htm#66[/URL]
NCRS#894
"It's not the car; it's the people"
...Doug Johnson 1953-2003
40 years VETTE history @ [URL="http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/"][COLOR=#555555]http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA[/COLOR][/URL]
ZRWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #54
Rex Ruby

I've been labeled the 'pot stirrer" on the Jeff issue and blamed for MOM's resignation.
As stated above if the Jeff issue had been handled and communicated up front from our leadership we would be well past it at this time. All I wanted when I made questioning threads or posts (and most if not all were deleted to keep it quiet) was from a member's position to be informed by leadership as to what was happening within this organization that I have supported from the beginning. I feel as members we are all owed that from leadership.

The issue of the NW event not being reimbursed is a problem. We do need clear rules on what has to be met for an event to be sanctioned by the Registry and expenses paid for by the Registry. I hope the new administration puts that high on their TO DO list!

I don't believe the NW is being punished for Jeff. Maybe not being reimbursed had something to do with a questionable catering invoice from a catering company that Jeff's relatives operate. I heard the food was purchased at a wholesale club.

Maybe it also had something to do with the promotion of this NW event. Not that I would have made a 3000 trip for this but point is I never saw it posted here or got an email invite.

Jeff took from our Registry funds with the credit card incident w/o intent to pay it back. Otherwise he would have immediately reimbursed the Registry and not had his deeds discovered by others months later. Jeff's actions are grounds for membership revocation. I find it hard to be a member of an organization that allows a member who got his hand caught in the till to remain a member in good standing.

Board members receiving money to help the with event attendance expenses? Isn't that part of your donation when you agree to run and then are elected? Maybe if the by laws required board member attendance to a certain amount of events and then if they did more than the requirement? I'm not sure about this one. Can I submit a gas receipt for my Carlisle gas?

This Registry needs a members only section or the forum be restricted to members only. Issues would be private among ourselves and allow better discussion and feedback for the board to be able to make decisions with a lot of member input.

We seriously need things revamped with this Registry or it will cease to exist.
We need to put the past behind us or just kill this Registry now.
The work that MOM and previous boards and members have done since the beginning goes a long way to the preservation of our cherished ZR1s. I am greatful for that effort.
We need to agree to disagree on somethings and remember that our common interest in the ZR1 is our common bond.

I'd been considering not renewing next year's membership, the fighting, politics and behind closed door decisions and issues I have no time for. BUT I'm going to give the new leadership sometime to see how they can turn things around.

Flame suit on I can feel it coming, but I call it like I see it, no BS with me.
Time to move forward.

'93 Ruby Coupe ZF6 - Muffler eliminators, Blink Blink kit and Polished ZR1 Wheels
* PA Plate: OBSSSN

'06 LeMans Blue C6 Coupe - Corsa exhaust
* PA Plate: OBSSSV

ZR1 Net Registry Founding Member #153
40th Anniversary Registry Member
NCM Family Membership #8116
Corvette Forum NE Events Coordinator
Delco Cruisers Board of Directors
SAVE THE WAVE!
Rex Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #55
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Ruby View Post
Jeff took from our Registry funds with the credit card incident w/o intent to pay it back. Otherwise he would have immediately reimbursed the Registry and not had his deeds discovered by others months later. Jeff's actions are grounds for membership revocation. I find it hard to be a member of an organization that allows a member who got his hand caught in the till to remain a member in good standing.
I'm glad you said this. I've met Jeff and dealt with him some. He's a nice guy, and has helped a lot of people. But that's irrelevant. He spent club money on personal expenses. His intent to pay it back is also irrelevant. This is a failure at the most basic level in his responsibility, and I can't believe anyone anywhere would try to defend it or suggest he should not be removed from his position on the board. That absolutely floors me that anyone would think that should slide.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #56
1990 415

Quote:
I've been labeled the 'pot stirrer" on the Jeff issue and blamed for MOM's resignation.
As stated above if the Jeff issue had been handled and communicated up front from our leadership we would be well past it at this time. All I wanted when I made questioning threads or posts (and most if not all were deleted to keep it quiet) was from a member's position to be informed by leadership as to what was happening within this organization that I have supported from the beginning. I feel as members we are all owed that from leadership.

The issue of the NW event not being reimbursed is a problem. We do need clear rules on what has to be met for an event to be sanctioned by the Registry and expenses paid for by the Registry. I hope the new administration puts that high on their TO DO list!

I don't believe the NW is being punished for Jeff. Maybe not being reimbursed had something to do with a questionable catering invoice from a catering company that Jeff's relatives operate. I heard the food was purchased at a wholesale club.

Maybe it also had something to do with the promotion of this NW event. Not that I would have made a 3000 trip for this but point is I never saw it posted here or got an email invite.

Board members receiving money to help the with event attendance expenses? Isn't that part of your donation when you agree to run and then are elected? Maybe if the by laws required board member attendance to a certain amount of events and then if they did more than the requirement? I'm not sure about this one. Can I submit a gas receipt for my Carlisle gas?

This Registry needs a members only section or the forum be restricted to members only. Issues would be private among ourselves and allow better discussion and feedback for the board to be able to make decisions with a lot of member input.

We seriously need things revamped with this Registry or it will cease to exist.
We need to put the past behind us or just kill this Registry now.
The work that MOM and previous boards and members have done since the beginning goes a long way to the preservation of our cherished ZR1s. I am greatful for that effort.
We need to agree to disagree on somethings and remember that our common interest in the ZR1 is our common bond.

I'd been considering not renewing next year's membership, the fighting, politics and behind closed door decisions and issues I have no time for. BUT I'm going to give the new leadership sometime to see how they can turn things around.

Flame suit on I can feel it coming, but I call it like I see it, no BS with me.
Time to move forward.
How do you know with 100% certainty that Jeff had no intent to pay back the Registry? Did you personally speak to Jeff about this? If that was his intent, then why did he pay back the Registry in full?
You claim you want to put the past behind you, after making wild assumptions about Jeff. What you really want is to stir up even more controversy by making slanderous accusations.
You claim no BS from you, however your post is full of BS and that is a fact.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #57
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 415 View Post
What you really want is to stir up even more controversy by making slanderous accusations.
Quote:
Until the current Board is cleaned out and replaced the vendetta against Jeff will continue to fester.
Quote:
Does this mean that for Carlisle 2 weeks ago, the 6 board members that went to that show were paid a total of $1800.00 from the Registry's piggy bank?
See if you can spot the irony...

You honed in on whether Jeff intended to pay it back. Does it matter? Is there some acceptable kind of embezzlement when the person plans to pay back the money they took later? Not to mention, you can't say with 100% certainly he did intend to pay it back. You can't look into someone and see their intent any more than the poster you responded to can. Does this mean then that no one can be judged on their actions, or reasonable conclusions can't be made? Of course not.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #58
Rex Ruby

Quote:
How do you know with 100% certainty that Jeff had no intent to pay back the Registry? Did you personally speak to Jeff about this? If that was his intent, then why did he pay back the Registry in full?
You claim you want to put the past behind you, after making wild assumptions about Jeff. What you really want is to stir up even more controversy by making slanderous accusations.
You claim no BS from you, however your post is full of BS and that is a fact.
When funds are taken w/o approval and not brought forth by the taker then months later an accounting finds it I'd say it's a real safe assumption that payback was not in the plan.

'93 Ruby Coupe ZF6 - Muffler eliminators, Blink Blink kit and Polished ZR1 Wheels
* PA Plate: OBSSSN

'06 LeMans Blue C6 Coupe - Corsa exhaust
* PA Plate: OBSSSV

ZR1 Net Registry Founding Member #153
40th Anniversary Registry Member
NCM Family Membership #8116
Corvette Forum NE Events Coordinator
Delco Cruisers Board of Directors
SAVE THE WAVE!
Rex Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #59
1990 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
See if you can spot the irony...

You honed in on whether Jeff intended to pay it back. Does it matter? Is there some acceptable kind of embezzlement when the person plans to pay back the money they took later? Not to mention, you can't say with 100% certainly he did intend to pay it back. You can't look into someone and see their intent any more than the poster you responded to can. Does this mean then that no one can be judged on their actions, or reasonable conclusions can't be made? Of course not.
Unlike yourself, I know Jeff very well and I do know his intent. I do know with 100% certainty that he intended to pay it back when he could. I don't waste my time making assumptions like you and Rex Ruby love to do. Try posting with facts and not guesses based on assumptions. Your assumptions just create more unnecessary slander.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #60
Nick

Quote:
Who gives a good gosh darn where the food came from, or who the caterer is related to? Would you be happier if she bought it at a high end store and charged more for putting on the event? I sure as hell wouldn't, given that I'm footing the bill this year! Besides, the only one who can establish factually where the food came from is the caterer, and I sure don't see her posting here. Frankly, she's done with us.
By the way, where did you "hear" where the caterer got her food? Who is the rumor monger, anyway?

Quote:
Hell, while we are at it, let's bring back the several years old discussion about Clint Hooper and the old LT5 Registry. He stole $25,000, clearly with no intent to pay it back. Anybody remember THAT one? Last time I brought it up I was told to shut up and leave it alone. The Old Guard, closing ranks again.

Quote:
Board members receiving money to help the with event attendance expenses?
Indeed. Up to $600 per year, EACH, for a SINGLE person. And I'm only asking for $875 for 30 people for one year.

Quote:
Isn't that part of your donation when you agree to run and then are elected?
Agreed. Paid Board members of a non-profit social club. That's a new one on me. Further research is indicated.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote