ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 10-15-2013   #31
Dynomite

Default Re: Throttle hesitation diagnostics?

I would get a new PCV Connector from Jerry that fits tight and you do not have to concern yourself with it popping off again. That PCV connector you are cleaning has had its day

Oh....and when you get everything out of the valley......I started with a scraper........then degreaser....then HOT high pressure washer......then steel wool .....then more degreaser and then a final HOT high pressure washer.....and blow on that valley drain with compressed air after first squirting degreaser from the top down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Some cleanup...

Quote:
Do spark plugs get any anti-seize?
I put just a tad of anti-sieze on the plug threads and torque with 1/4 inch socket and spark plug adapter by feel (snug tight but not too tight)

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-15-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #32
Franke

Ignition coils I believe. Looks like they were replaced at some time. Measure them ohm wise. I agree with Dyno. I bought new rubber fitting from Jerry and it is nice and tight. Be sure to check the rubber pipe for cracks by flexing it. I had 5 holes in mine.

Last edited by Franke; 10-15-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #33
Dynomite

OK....have to ask.....who in their right mind would work on an LT5 during initial restoration wearing a nice White Sweat Shirt.....

Quote:
Do those mounting prongs get di-electric grease? Same as spark plug boots? Do spark plugs get any anti-seize?

Old 10-16-2013   #34
Franke

Dyno, notice the fingernails too--- no dirt. He must be a surgeon. White sweat shirt, no dirt.
Old 10-16-2013   #35
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
OK....have to ask.....who in their right mind would work on an LT5 during initial restoration wearing a nice White Sweat Shirt.....
Right mind? Me? That's a good one! And you'll know who's NOT right mind when you see it dry-fit all together, and then UN-plugged AGAIN.

No dirt? That's FILTHY. Cliff's is clean http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...lpacdetail.jpg

Clean as you go. Schrade's rule of . Sterile Spic n Span clean. Probably get it all perfect, and never find out what made the 'Hesitation'. WAH.

Makin' a list for Jerry's (and checkin' it twice)...

No di-electric grease on the Coil Pac prongs?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #36
Dynomite

Default Photos

Keep up the great photo coverage.......

Quote:
More reference - study layout, etc., ...
Darryl; Dom; if snappics are suckin' up too much server space, lemme' know here...
Where are your photos stored and you have thumbnail as well as larger photo (both....how does that work)?
My photos are stored on photobucket and I recently had to upgrade to Photobucket Pro because of a bandwidth issue. But then again I have over a thousand photos viewed on a couple Forums

I have three photos (total) of a Semi Truck and Grain Cart in a corn field stored on this web site (in my public profile) which someone complained that was poor use of bandwidth one time but you know how that goes. I used those photos to show that alternative of using this Forum as a photo host vice Photobucket and to also show photo sizing (those three photos I have stored here (Public Profile) are of three different sizes if you click on them).

Quote:
No dirt? That's FILTHY. Cliff's is clean http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...lpacdetail.jpg
That is ZR1Vette photo....here are my photos
I think I destroyed about three red sweat shirts along the way with oil stains I could not remove
I buy Simple Green in BULK (for clothes as well as hands).

1990 LT5

1991 LT5

1990 L98

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-16-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-16-2013   #37
Franke

Nice engine bay pics dyno. Did you do all of the work?
Schrade, do you remember if your engine hesitation also occurs on open loop 1.6% - 2.4% TPS (cold engine) as well as closed loop (hot engine)?
Old 10-16-2013   #38
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franke View Post
Nice engine bay pics dyno. Did you do all of the work?
Yep......and have the destroyed clothes to prove it now used as rags
Old 10-16-2013   #39
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post

The dielectric grease wont hurt anything and is not a bad idea. Any thoughts of spraying the plenum since you spent all that time cleaning it? I know your chasing another problem but you will hate yourself for not doing it while you are there. D
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #40
Franke

Schrade, do you know if those are the original injectors? Reason I ask is mine looked just like those before I replaced them with SS.