ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 10-16-2013   #41
Schrade

Default Re: Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Keep up the great photo coverage.......
If you're a dummy, Like Hansel and Gretel, and Schrade, you better leave a trail of bread crumbs SOMEwhere, so you can find your way home
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #42
Dynomite

Default Re: Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
If you're a dummy, Like Hansel and Gretel, and Schrade, you better leave a trail of bread crumbs SOMEwhere, so you can find your way home
You mean Hansel, Gretel, Schrade, and Dynomite......

Your logic is precisely why I started the items in my signature..........so I would not forget the good advice when I found it

Thanks for what you are doing especially with the photos
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #43
Schrade

Default Re: Throttle hesitation diagnostics?

Blew through each line of the rail crossover both ways with spray lube and Shop-vac'ed excess (A tip - DON'T Shop-Vac gasoline - the magic smoke will get out of the Shop-Vac (and your lungs too, and electronics and organics don't work no more when the magic smoke gets out ) ) .

Too many more lines to un-hook. Came clean on a paper towel to start...

With only 44 psi static, then if the FPR needs replacing later, how deep do you have to go? Can it be swapped without yanking the plenum?

Even tho' Marc says 44 is good, it's way under FSM spec. Gotta' keep everything in mind here...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 10-16-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-16-2013   #44
Franke

Contamination in the MAP hose if severe enough can cause an inaccurate signal to the ECM. Some guys on here have mentioned finding oil in the MAP hose from the plenum. I cut one of these MAPs open in a previous post and it has a pressure sensitive integrated circuit of some kind that the vacuum acts upon to convert the vacuum reference to an electrical signal.
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #45
Schrade

Is there a resistance spec check for MAP sensor?

I read about the oil fouling in the hose, but didn't know what to look at in DM readouts...

Old 10-16-2013   #46
Franke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Is there a resistance spec check for MAP sensor?

I read about the oil fouling in the hose, but didn't know what to look at in DM readouts...
DM only shows kPa for MAP vacuum. No resistance check for MAP. There is a signal voltage check that is related to several codes being set. Look at page 6E3-A-52 and you will find the parameters for the MAP signal. Also shown is a kPa vs. voltage chart. Chart C1-D on page 6E3-C1-21 is the best way to test the MAP but only if you use a scan tool. ...........((((Do not attempt to test the MAP with a hand held pump or you could damage it beyond use as the IC inside is sensitive....))) I understand you didn't show a code but if you wish to check the MAP its a good place to start voltage wise.
When my old MAP went bad I had a hard time keeping the car running until the ECM substituted a MAP value and ran off of the TPS signal. (Limp mode).
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #47
Schrade

The second jar of stuff didn't come from the MAP crossover / PCV's.

No such critter as MAP crossover - I meant the crossover that HAS the 2 PCV valves. Is that all that is - is the PCV plumbing? Why 2 PCV's anyway?

////////////////////////////////////////
Quote:
Injector looms - will they come up off of the back of the IH's? How?

Or does each wire have to come out of the loom first?
Injector looms?

Just a typo there - I meant 'spark plug wire' looms...

Quote:
Then the PCV orifices (???)
orifices?
Or ori-feces? (they did have a lot of s&*% in 'em)
Maybe orifeceii? (pl)

Last edited by Schrade; 10-17-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-17-2013   #48
A26B

I just read this most excellent documented thread.

When I got to the end though...... Houston we have a problem!!

Silicone kills O2 sensors. Whether in the fuel system (this instance) or the exhaust system (sealant on gaskets, etc.), or the coolant(coupled with a leaking head gasket or leaking injector housing gasket), silicone gas coats O2 sensors & kills them so they can no longer detect O2.

I always recommend using simple motor oil on fuel system o-rings.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.

Last edited by A26B; 10-17-2013 at 12:54 AM.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #49
Schrade

Cliff; for a 'Top End Resto' thread, this would have to get hacked off @ post 66. Darryl or Dominic would have to do it, and I'm bettin' that would be a pain...

Old 10-17-2013   #50
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
I just read this most excellent documented thread.

When I got to the end though...... Houston we have a problem!!

Silicone kills O2 sensors. Whether in the fuel system (this instance) or the exhaust system (sealant on gaskets, etc.), or the coolant(coupled with a leaking head gasket or leaking injector housing gasket), silicone gas coats O2 sensors & kills them so they can no longer detect O2.

I always recommend using simple motor oil on fuel system o-rings.
Got it Jerry; thanks!!! The rails are still on the table; I can pull and wipe the INJ rings. Synthetic? Dino? Or 90 weight gear oil?

And do you take PP? I need at least one gasket on the list so far here, if ever we get to re-assembly...

Last edited by Schrade; 10-17-2013 at 03:19 AM.