ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 11-17-2023   #11
zyal8r

Default Re: New replacement windshields

I called Safelite yesterday - the number I called was supposed to be Lee's Summit, MO, however, through the automated menu, I have no idea if I actually spoke to someone in the store. I asked very explicitly to confirm which part #s they had. I first had to make a reservation online for them to find me at all... fair enough, but in talking to them, I asked about the part number. I believe they said DW01085 was in fact in stock. I asked about the DW01112, but they couldn't tell me. I asked what size the cutout was on DW01085. The person I spoke to was very helpful, but she told me she'd need to have her parts manager confirm for me what DW01085 really was. Of course, no call back today. My appointment is currently set (randomly) for 11/30... but I won't do this unless I can confirm what the part really is ahead of time.

Mike
1995 ZR-1 #004 - Yellow/Black
1996 LT4 #3828 - Yellow/Beige/LT4/Z51 - 1 of 4
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023   #12
rufcar

zyal8r I did the same in fact I'm supposed to be at the store now fri 8am when they know that don't even have the glass in stock? I believe their automatic system is not connected to their actual store system. I do have the mangers number and will be calling him sometime this am.
I called and my Safelite even called the national offices and not a single person knows anything about any special glass being made so I am at a total loss. All that is available is the standard solar glass with just the vin cut out. Its getting hard to even see much so I may just go with that. Jim

Last edited by rufcar; 11-17-2023 at 08:31 AM.
rufcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023   #13
zyal8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufcar View Post
zyal8r I did the same in fact I'm supposed to be at the store now fri 8am when they know that don't even have the glass in stock? I believe their automatic system is not connected to their actual store system. I do have the mangers number and will be calling him sometime this am.
I called and my Safelite even called the national offices and not a single person knows anything about any special glass being made so I am at a total loss. All that is available is the standard solar glass with just the vin cut out. Its getting hard to even see much so I may just go with that. Jim
I've considered it, but the tinted windshield is one of the quirks I love about the ZR-1. I want mine to be correct if at all possible. I have waited the two years I've owned the car (bought it like this). Mine's so bad I hesitate to drive it far. Sad for a car with only 5900 miles. This one is just completely bad. I can wait a little longer, but not another year. My other idea is a normal C4 windshield with tint to look like the correct one. Trying to be patient, but it's pretty difficult, I wish someone could give us a date.

Mike
Old 12-18-2023   #14
CarNut72

I have tried calling and emailing safelite on this question and have gotten no reply or answer. Their automated phone system will cut you off after their series of menus and will never connect you to a human to have a conversation. I have tried calling the local store/branch with no success. All of the phone numbers are disconnected. Has anyone been able to successfully get their OEM windshield replaced with the safelite project glass? Would love to do this but I am struggling. Thanks for any help.
CarNut72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023   #15
zyal8r

I eventually kept hitting whatever the menu option was to talk to an operator/scheduler. I had to actually make an appointment (for the wrong windshield) for them to talk to me with real data. The store manager I spoke to (in Lee's Summit, MO) knew nothing about the reproduction ZR-1 windshields, and that seems to be the case with others on this forum. So whatever Safelite has right now... isn't it!
Old 12-19-2023   #16
CarNut72

Thank you. I finally messaged them on Twitter and got a reply. Supposed to call me. We?ll see.
Old 12-19-2023   #17
CarNut72

Update: I spoke with the Safelite in Cleveland, OH today. The manager told me they would not touch a 1990 corvette let alone a ZR1. He stated the glass was not a problem but the seals would be and they would not touch the car. I suspect they would not be able to get the glass but wanted to share their feedback as I received it. If this is a program with Safelite, the word is not out to the branches at all. If anyone has details they can share about how they have had success, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-20-2023   #18
viper107

it amazes me that safelight supposed to know about the zr-1 glass,but no one seems to know at any location ,lol. silly days are here
95 admiral blue z(sold)/ / 93 ruby z(sold) 91 steel blue z/95 aqua z haibeck 510, 91 callaway 415 areobody #5
viper107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023   #19
Dynomite

Safelight did replace my 1990 ZR1 windshield a few years ago (I furnished the Windshield and Weather Stripping)

Safelite Windshield Install TIPS

Additional information on windshields.......

Post 254 - Windshields
Windshield poll
Windshield delamination poll
Safelite Windshield Install TIPS
Windshield Removal TIPS
Windshield wipers TIPS
Windshield Replacement TIPS
Windshield trim moulding/weatherstrip removal & reinstall TIPS

Last edited by Dynomite; 03-04-2024 at 01:05 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023   #20
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufcar View Post
Dynomite, what branch and who did you deal with? I am just not sure what they are selling. Tkx jim
Safelite Visalia, CA
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote