ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Northeast Region

Old 03-09-2011   #1
Mystic ZR-1

Default ZR-1 Northeast Get Together

ZR-1 Net Registry Northeast get together: Saturday, July 9, 2011 @ American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park. Lime Rock,Connecticut

Lime Rock is sort of centrally located in the Northeast and will make a great place for a ZR-1 get together, of course all ZR-1s from everywhere are more than welcome and encouraged to attend. All the "hard work" is already done by the good folks who run the "Corvette Corral" (not to mention the great goody bag they hand out) all we have to do is show up and watch the C6Rs kick some butt and show off to the rest of the Corvette (and Porsche etc.) world why the ZR-1 is so special and is the most unique Corvette ever built. If the rest of the world doesn't understand or agree, it's their loss...
Note: this ZR-1 get together is not put on or run by the "Corvette Corral", (but it has been sanctioned by the ZR-1 Net Registry) we'll just be attending and having our own get together @ their event .
Tickets for the Corral (car & driver) must purchased prior to the event, by phone or the Lime Rock website, see below. Tickets for your lucky passenger may be purchased ahead of time or @ the the gate on the day of the event. Bring a folding chair and a cooler!

We're trying to set up a ZR-1 only parade lap of the track (seperate from parade lap mentioned below) stay tuned for updates

info: Doug, aka: Mystic ZR-1 @ dmarshall2003@comcast.net

Lime Rock again offers the fun and camaraderie of Porsche and Corvette Car Corrals as part of the ALMS Northeast Grand Prix event. Corrals include guaranteed infield parking as well as a parade lap! Parade laps are offered on Saturday to the first 50 cars that arrive at the track from each make. Note: CAR CORRAL TICKETS ARE NOT SOLD ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT, ONLY BY ADVANCE PURCHASE. Includes admission to Lime Rock Park.

http://tickets.limerock.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=9

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=60+white+holl ow+road+lakeville+ct+06039&sll=37.926868,-95.712891&sspn=51.997554,113.994141&ie=UTF8&hq=&hn ear=60+White+Hollow+Rd,+Lakeville,+Litchfield,+Con necticut+06039&ll=41.929501,-73.387578&spn=0.012164,0.027831&t=h&z=16

American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix Car Corrals

PARADE LAP FOR THE FIRST 50 CORVETTES THAT ARRIVE AT THE TRACK!

Note: last year the parade lap was " full" before 7:30am...

Advance Price: $75
Gate Price (7/1-7/9): $90

ADVANCE SALES END AT 5:00PM ON 1 JULY. AFTER 5:00PM GATE PRICING APPLIES.

Children 12 & under are admitted free.
Event occurs rain or shine.
No refunds or exchanges are permitted.

Children 12 & under are admitted free.
Event occurs rain or shine.
No refunds or exchanges are permitted.

Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011   #2
jrd1990zr1

Default Re: ZR-1 Northeast Get Together

Doug,

I plan to be there!!!

Let's hope we can get a large ZR-1 contingent!

Thanks for setting this up.

John

1968 convertible Lemans Blue,
1986 coupe Medium Blue NCRS Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2529 Red NCRS Regional and National Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2124 Charcoal Metallic NCRS Top Flight 2010 & 2018,
2003 Anniversary Red Convertible (sold)
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011   #3
QB93Z

I am planning to attend. This looks like as great opportunity for a Get Together.

Thanks Doug for leading the way on this.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011   #4
tomtom72

Okay, got my ticket on the way.....so I guess I'm "IN" on this run!

See you guys at the track!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011   #5
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Doug,

Thanks for posting this!

I should know in a week or so if I can go or not.

I'm planning on going.

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #6
andersra

I am a (relatively, since last year) new ZR-1 owner here in CT. I would really like to attend some of these events. Unfortunately, the timing for these events always seems to conflict with other things in my life.

This one sounds great, but I'll be pn vacation and I can't change that. I'll be looking for more events to attend in 2011.
andersra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #7
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersra View Post
I am a (relatively, since last year) new ZR-1 owner here in CT. I would really like to attend some of these events. Unfortunately, the timing for these events always seems to conflict with other things in my life.

This one sounds great, but I'll be pn vacation and I can't change that. I'll be looking for more events to attend in 2011.
Thanks for posting!!!

Congrats on your purchase and there are many events this summer planned.

This one is in May (11th thru 14th) Caravan going there from the NE area.

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13828

We do have an event in Bowling Green, Kentucky @ the National Corvette Museum

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/regist...ing/info.shtml

Another big event closer @ Corvettes of Carlisle

August 25 thru 27th Lots of other threads giving you hotel info, etc

http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/corvettes/

Any questions, please post up or PM me

Cheers

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #8
jrd1990zr1

Quote:

Welcome to the registry. There is a posting in the Northeast section with events for 2011. We will be meeting in eastern New York the end of June at Lebanon Valley dragway and also there is a super event planned for Mystic, CT in early October. Hope you can attend.

John

1968 convertible Lemans Blue,
1986 coupe Medium Blue NCRS Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2529 Red NCRS Regional and National Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2124 Charcoal Metallic NCRS Top Flight 2010 & 2018,
2003 Anniversary Red Convertible (sold)
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #9
tomtom72

Quote:

Welcome to our asylum! Hopefully there will be plenty to do this summer. Stick around & pull up a tire & have a seat.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #10
94Admiral

Quote:

When the weather gets better, please bring your beast over to the Tues. night corvette cruise at Burgerittoville in Newtown, CT. Sponsored by Candlewood Valley CC and just off Exit 10 on I-84. Should start up in a couple weeks and usually runs around 5:30 - dusk.

Please drop me a line if you need/want more info.
[COLOR=red][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]1991 Red/Red [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]Haibeck 350 500 HP [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][LIST][*][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]Corsa Exhaust and [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]4:10 Dana 44 gears[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST][COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]1994 Admiral Blue/[COLOR=silver]Grey[/COLOR] [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]Haibeck 368 530 HP[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][LIST][*][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]DRM Coilovers, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]Baer EradiSpeed Brakes, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]B&B 4th generation exhaust, 18" Face Polished Fikse FM5s, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]4:10 Dana 44 gears, and a BB tranny. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST]
94Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote