ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 06-10-2012   #1
Blue Flame Restorations

Default SCAM ALERT! READ!!!!!!!!

SCAM WARNING FOR OLDER MEN

Here's how the scam works; two nice looking, college-age girls will come over to your car or truck as you are packing your purchases into your vehicle. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their "parts" almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. (It's impossible not to look). When you thank them and offer them a tip, they s...ay 'No' but ...instead ask for a ride to McDonald's.
... You agree and they climb into the vehicle. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet. I’ve had my wallet stolen March 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, again on the 17th, 20th, 24th, and the 29th; also April 1st, 4th, 8th, twice on the 16th & 17th, and very likely again this upcoming weekend.
So tell your friends to be careful. What a horrible way to take advantage of us older men. Warn your friends to be vigilant.
Wal-Mart has wallets on sale for $2.99 each. I found even cheaper ones for $.99 at the Dollar Store and bought them out in three of their stores.
Also, you never get to eat at McDonald's. I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth from Lowe's, to Home Depot, to Wal-Mart.

So please, send this on to all the older men that you know and warn them to be on the lookout for this scam. (The best times are just before lunch and around 4:30 in the afternoon.)
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #2
scottfab

Default Re: SCAM ALERT! READ!!!!!!!!

I will be on the look-out for these perpetrators. I have a collection of old wallets dating back some 30yrs.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #3
tomtom72

Damn! How low can some people get to prey upon us older guys!

Good one Brett!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015   #4
edram454

yes, I hate when this happens!!

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015   #5
randy ransome

After you telling this story, low and behold, it happened to me. So I tricked them as soon as they showed up I gave them my wallet and drove off, boy are they dumb.

randy ransome is offline   Reply With Quote