ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-07-2012   #1
ghlkal

Default Central Control Module (CCM) diagnostics via dash

I’ve seen mention of this in other posts (eg, http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17228 ) and in this video by rhipsher (http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=codes001.mp4 ), but I thought it would be helpful to collect everything under a thread with a descriptive subject. This applies to MY 90. I can’t verify that it applies to later Z’s.

The Central Control Module (CCM) utilizes the speedometer, odometer, and the trip monitor located on the instrument cluster to display information while in the diagnostic mode. The speedometer is used to display malfunction codes (both CCM and ECM), the odometer displays data, and the trip monitor indicates the system being tested and test which is being performed. See figure 1 on page 8D-3 (first scan following). The buttons on the Driver Information Center (DIC) are used to send instructions to the CCM when in the diagnostic mode.

Note that this procedure will show both errors (eg, fault codes) and display data (eg, battery voltage). It’s easier to read the ECM fault codes here rather than counting flashes of the SES light. Also, this is the only way to determine CCM faults (other than a Tech 1). Most CCM faults set the SYS light in the dash.

The following pages are from section 8D of my 1990 FSM. As you can see, I was having some trouble scanning the edges of some pages – if you need these rescanned, let me know and I’ll try again

ghlkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012   #2
ghlkal

Default Re: Central Control Module (CCM) diagnostics via dash

(continuation)

I hope you find this useful.

I'd be interesting in knowing if this works on 91-95 also (I imagine it does, but ...)
Old 07-07-2012   #3
ghlkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Anyone who takes the time to scan technical information gets an A++++ in my book
Thanks Cliff.

And when you told me the CHP was on your tail, I didn't realize it took that much horsepower to track you down
Old 07-08-2012   #4
Tyler Townsley

The best scanner is a digital camera, you get the same image without all the fuss of a scanner.

Tyler
68 Torch Red
88 ZR1 Blue
90 ZR1 White
Tyler Townsley is offline   Reply With Quote