ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 02-14-2021   #1
L1ZZR1

Default WTB C4 ZR1 1991 my dream car

Hello,

My name is Andrew and greetings from Europe.

Since I remember I had a weakness for cars and gasoline. In the back of my mind I knew that one day I will be able to fulfill my dream and become an owner of a supercar, which at first was to be an AMG. But once I saw the C4 ZR1 and had a chance to get to know it, I knew I wanted this car... powerful, beautiful and timeless.

In Europe unfortunately, these cars are very expensive or crashed and not always maintained as they should be.

So I decided to look in the US, the home of the Corvette.

I will admit that I really like the 1991 model year the most because of the facelift and interior color scheme (of course there were other small changes, but I want to focus on this year). Also, this '91 makes the car 30 years old... and cars 30 years old or older are exempt from import taxes as classics (I can save about $10k this way and spend for extra small modifications etc.).

zr1.net hopefully will be very close to me and I will try to read as much as possible. ok to the point...

If I can find the right one I would like to finalize the deal in 2-3 weeks.

Budget: 20-30k $ or if it's in perfect condition, I'm thinking $37k max.
(Unfortunately, I still have to take into account additional costs like taxes, transportation, logistics etc.)

Millage: max. 25k miles

Additionally: clean title, clear history/service , original condition or minor modifications, the fewer owners the better, prefer Black on Black color, but other colors are also acceptable.

Some examples I have/had my eye on:

1. Sold: 1991 Chevrolet ZR-1 NCRS Top Flight (99.5%) survivor. 9894 miles (user from this forum)

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/199...let-corvette-1

This was my favorite and I could slightly increase the budget - unfortunately the car is sold from what Mike wrote

2. Sold: http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Market...-25000-FL.aspx

As far as I know this car is sold. It would be good to update the current cars that are listed at zr1 marketplace and confirm if the offers are valid.

3. https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-ca.../posting/78269

This seems to be interesting offer, but the owner is not answering and does not write back, so it is a bit suspicious...

4. https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...9NLdycAfJ0y0Qc

Price may be high, but I take this car under consideration and future bidding. The red color...hmm has also its charm.

5. https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...carolina-28027

Nice example worth attention.

6. https://www.autoblog.com/cars-for-sa...kip=1613306909

I would be very grateful for your opinion on the copies that are currently on the market (for sale). Maybe some of them have something on their conscience, and it is better to think twice or avoid them. Maybe there is someone on the forum who would like to sell his car that meets the criteria or send links/offers.

I'm checking sites like bring a trailer (BAT), Hemmings, classic cars, car gurus, FB and forums etc. - but I wouldn't want to miss my chance and make sure of my future decision regarding buying a dream car. I believe that with your help and opinion I will be closer to my goal.

Many Thanks!

-=Andrew=-

Last edited by L1ZZR1; 02-15-2021 at 04:36 AM.
L1ZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021   #2
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: WTB C4 ZR1 1991 my dream car

Best wishes with your quest Andrew! I hope someone can help you make your dream come true. 🤙🏼

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021   #3
G8nightman

Hi Andrew I have a few ZR-1s I might have one for you PM your # I can contact you through WhatsApp

90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2315 'SOLD'
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2774 'SOLD'
91 Chevy ZR1 Callaway aerobody
91 Chevy ZR1 #1512
91 Chevy ZR1 #951
95 Chevy ZR1 #338 'SOLD'
91 BMW 850i
94 BMW 850csi
95 BMW 850csi
94 Lotus Esprit S4
07 Benz CLS550
06 BMW M5 "SOLD"
G8nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021   #4
ZR1crusader

Andrew, I recently bought a 1991 12,100-mile black on black ZR-1. I've already put 200 miles on the car. I love it and am in the middle of going through an intense detail on the car. I've shared a few bits about the detail on this forum.

This ZR-1 is well-sorted, clean Carfax, great history. I have a lot of maintenance records from the previous two owners and myself. I bought a ZR-1 so that I could drive and modify it, but after I bought this one, I realized how rare it is to get one so original and with low miles. I don't plan to modify this one now, but I'm still interested in buying one that I can. So, I'd be open to selling this one to the right person.

It's not NCRS level -- or what I would call "showroom" condition -- but it is great -- and it will be even better after I get through it this winter. Again, I would consider selling it -- only to turn around and buy another one with higher mileage and maybe with the mods already done so that I won't feel as guilty about modding. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you details (all the good and bad).
ZR1crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021   #5
L1ZZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Best wishes with your quest Andrew! I hope someone can help you make your dream come true. 🤙🏼

Thank you. This forum is great and I think it's just a matter of time - things are already starting to happen
Old 02-15-2021   #6
L1ZZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8nightman View Post
Hi Andrew I have a few ZR-1s I might have one for you PM your # I can contact you through WhatsApp

Hi there,

PM sent - Thanks!
Old 02-15-2021   #7
L1ZZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1crusader View Post
Andrew, I recently bought a 1991 12,100-mile black on black ZR-1. I've already put 200 miles on the car. I love it and am in the middle of going through an intense detail on the car. I've shared a few bits about the detail on this forum.

This ZR-1 is well-sorted, clean Carfax, great history. I have a lot of maintenance records from the previous two owners and myself. I bought a ZR-1 so that I could drive and modify it, but after I bought this one, I realized how rare it is to get one so original and with low miles. I don't plan to modify this one now, but I'm still interested in buying one that I can. So, I'd be open to selling this one to the right person.

It's not NCRS level -- or what I would call "showroom" condition -- but it is great -- and it will be even better after I get through it this winter. Again, I would consider selling it -- only to turn around and buy another one with higher mileage and maybe with the mods already done so that I won't feel as guilty about modding. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you details (all the good and bad).

Hello,

Thanks for the reply and all the information.

Since my post, there have been a few precise offers, so I am very pleased. Yours is very interesting after following the forum posts from you.

NCRS is not that important to me, although from a future buyer's perspective I am sure the car is in perfect condition. For me, a good and strong example with no hidden/serious defects and a clear history is what I am looking for. Then I can take care of all the other aspects and make it perfect for the next 30 years. I am one of those people who treat a car like a family member and takes care of every detail.

I am sending a PM right now.
Old 02-15-2021   #8
dredgeguy

Hi Andrew and welcome to our forum. You might consider becoming a member (cost is very low) so you can view all the members only section posts. I think you will find that buying from a registry member will be a good experience. Good luck and sure you will find what you are looking for.

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021   #9
L1ZZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredgeguy View Post
Hi Andrew and welcome to our forum. You might consider becoming a member (cost is very low) so you can view all the members only section posts. I think you will find that buying from a registry member will be a good experience. Good luck and sure you will find what you are looking for.

Hi, originally I was planning to register some day in the future, but actually, I have already done it (verification In Progress)
Old 02-15-2021   #10
ImpalaDave

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum! I was in the same boat as you a month ago, posting here about looking for my first Z. I was shocked how welcoming and quickly cars were being thrown in my direction. You've certainly come to the right place and I'm sure you'll find the one soon. I'm just waiting for this winter to be over so I can go look at the one I'm on the cusp of buying!!!
ImpalaDave is offline   Reply With Quote