ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-26-2008   #1
32valvZ

Default Phase 1 of the resurection.....DONE!!!

Many thanks to Jeff and all the other guys who gave me confidence & great advice & took the time to share their knowledge.

I got the plenum back on & everything all hooked up and fired it up!! It cranked for a few seconds & came to life. Its running very smooth. The best news of the day is that the miss/vibration is 90% gone. I only seem to notice it when its cold now. Its ALOT better than before. I'll chalk it up to being a characteristic of a cold LT5. Once it warmed up, it all but disappeared.

On my test drive I was really impressed. I thought the car was running well before .........rolling along in first at about 20 mph, I goosed it and the tires broke free!! Second gear and pulling hard.....what a difference!! I can see now that the LT5 is a real supercar power plant. I can only imagine what it must have been like when it was new off the showroom floor. The comparison between it & the other Corvette offerings of the day made it worth the extra 32 G's.......

I can honestly say that I can compare it to the LS6. Its really got that "push you back in your seat" feel to it like the Z06 does. I can hardly wait to get a set of headers for it. The hooks are now set deep into my soul.

If anyone is on the fence about doing injectors on a first gen ZR-1.....you should do it. I didnt think my car needed them until I replaced them. I'm sure the injectors coupled with the plugs, coils and my extreme care in making sure every vacume connection was sealed had lots to do with it. But DAYUM!!! what a pleasant surprize!!

[B]1990 #2815[/B]
[COLOR="Red"][B]Red/Red[/B][/COLOR]
Ported Plenum & IH (by Pete)
Haibeck Chip
Rebuilt FPR (by Phil)
FIC Injectors
Watson LT Headers
3" Stainless Works exhaust
Lingenfelter Open Air Lid
Bill B Built Transmission
Shifter & C Beam Plates

[FONT=Impact][COLOR=red]1992 [COLOR=black]#[/COLOR] 091[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Impact][COLOR=#ff0000]Red/[COLOR=silver]Gray[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
[B]SOLD[/B]
32valvZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #2
Jeffvette

Default Re: Phase 1 of the resurection.....DONE!!!

Good deal John. Glad it worked out...... now about the other 10%.
Old 02-26-2008   #3
32valvZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Good deal John. Glad it worked out...... now about the other 10%.

DUDE!! I'm tapped!! Gotta let the wallet recover for a little bit! The next thing I have on the list is the oil leak from the tranny. I think its coming from the O ring where the speedo sensor goes. Its been doing it for a while because the exhaust is stained pretty bad right below it. I need to drive the car for a while before I tear into it again, but I do want to replace the clutch, slave & m/c & also the flywheel. Probably next winter.
[B]1990 #2815[/B]
Haibeck Chip
Rebuilt FPR (by Phil)
FIC Injectors
Watson LT Headers
Shifter & C Beam Plates

[B]SOLD[/B]
Old 02-26-2008   #4
Jeffvette

What was that about a crack dealer

Drive it, give it some tough love. They enjoy it.
Old 02-26-2008   #5
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valvZ
DUDE!! I'm tapped!! Gotta let the wallet recover for a little bit! The next thing I have on the list is the oil leak from the tranny. I think its coming from the O ring where the speedo sensor goes. Its been doing it for a while because the exhaust is stained pretty bad right below it. I need to drive the car for a while before I tear into it again, but I do want to replace the clutch, slave & m/c & also the flywheel. Probably next winter.

All ZR-1s are equipped with a low wallet sensor in the left asscheek ballast. Enjoy the ride and save up for the next repair.

BTW did you go with accels or RC injectors
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #6
kenthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON
All ZR-1s are equipped with a low wallet sensor in the left asscheek ballast. Enjoy the ride and save up for the next repair.

Wow, glad I keep mine in the right cheek. Wait, maybe it's that the ZR-1 has a cash available sensor and issues codes based on the amount available.

Too many for the sig.
kenthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #7
32valvZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON

Accels
[B]1990 #2815[/B]
Haibeck Chip
Rebuilt FPR (by Phil)
FIC Injectors
Watson LT Headers
Shifter & C Beam Plates

[B]SOLD[/B]
Old 02-27-2008   #8
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

WooHoo!!

Glad to hear it went well! Good job!!

Don't tell nobody, but to tell ya the truth, I got my plug wires crossed up...not once, but twice. Sometimes doing a triple-check is a good thing. But, after doing a double check and finding a second wire pair on the wrong coil, I was down right paranoid!! I told myself it was b/c the new coils weren't numbered, or it was b/c of my bifocal lenses (yeah, right!). But, talk about being puckered up when I reached for the ignition key!! OH! What a sweet sound when she fired right up and ran smooth as silk! BTW, if you lived here at 600' AMSL instead of CO, it would likely break loose in second gear as well! (Gotta love that dense cold air!)

Now...How 'bout some pix of that ride of yours with those beautiful mountains as a back drop!!

P.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #9
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthompson
Wow, glad I keep mine in the right cheek. Wait, maybe it's that the ZR-1 has a cash available sensor and issues codes based on the amount available.
I believe the sensor is located in the left side middle bolster on the early sport seats and scans us as we get in & out! I think it actually reads the magnetic strip on our credit cards and does a balance check vs credit line & score verification

Hey John, now you really look like this -->
Glad it came out sweet!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #10
ZR1Vette

Very exciting! Interesting your comments about the LS7 vs LT5...
suspect I will be where you were in about a year...original injectors appear to be functioning as designed but it is just a matter of time with the 10% ethonal here in Northern Va.
Michael
ZR1Vette is offline   Reply With Quote