ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-24-2005   #1
fade_to_black

Default ZR1 Prices Dropping question....

Hi,
I am posting for my dad on this one since he is not very computer savvy. Anyway, he is the proud owner of a 92 ZR1 with 17,000 orginal miles. He is a little worried of late as how much the prices of these beasts are dropping. He wanted to know what you guys thought about the future market of these cars. He doesn't want to sell it, but he did have a high investment in the car and if he ever got into a money crunch he wants to know he can still get a return on it. What are your guys' opinion.

Like I said we are a vette family so we love our vettes to death, just curious on everyone elses opinion of the dropping prices of the ZR1...

Thanks!
fade_to_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #2
Z Factor

Default Re: ZR1 Prices Dropping question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade_to_black
Hi,
he is the proud owner of a 92 ZR1 with 17,000 original miles.

He is a little worried of late as how much the prices of these beasts are dropping.

He wanted to know what you guys thought about the future market of these cars.
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

People have differing opinions, but the used car market in general is what is driving all cars down in value. Our cars have not yet reached the rare collector status that will make them start to appreciate. Some low mileage and rare color combos do get top dollar, but they are the exception rather than the rule. However given time, most ZR-1's that are in good to great condition will start to appreciate. Your fathers seems like a fine example of a ZR-1 that will fall into that category given enough time. I would suggest he keep it well maintained with records for anything he does.

Glad to have the two of you aboard.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #3
ffvetteman

I agree that they will go up in value over time. It was great for me that they went down in price because I could finally afford one. I wanted one for so long but they were way out of my price range. Now I got my beauty and love it. I would think they will go back up in value over time.
ffvetteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005   #4
Bob Eyres

Seeing that your Dad's car is a 92' with only moderate mileage, IMO, It's worth has probably bottomed out. Meaning that I think the only things that will affect It's selling price in the future will be condition, and how much more mileage he puts on it.
So relax, almost all the depreciation is over, enjoy
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005   #5
Jim Jones

In my opinion, I just don't see how the ZR-1 can fall much further in price. I realize that the Z06 and the C6's have the hp, tq, creature comforts, etc. But it was the ZR-1 that paved the way for all those things. I didn't buy mine as an investment anyway. I really enjoy driving it.

Jim

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/koolaid117/Montage.gif[/IMG]
Jim Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #6
cuisinartvette

I feel fortunate just to have one, period. The only regret I have is with a bunch of miles on mine it will probably never be worth much. However, it is such a solid driving car it blows my mind. No squeaks, rattles, driveline slop, nothing; I'm impressed with the ZR1 as a whole .That, and it was very affordable with mods already done. To get a lo-miler with mods would have cost me a mint. Fun is what its all about for me.
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #7
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
In my opinion, I just don't see how the ZR-1 can fall much further in price. I realize that the Z06 and the C6's have the hp, tq, creature comforts, etc. But it was the ZR-1 that paved the way for all those things. I didn't buy mine as an investment anyway. I really enjoy driving it.

Jim
I agree with Jim. I think we're seeing the bottom. I don't really care about prices. I'm not saving it for an investment; I'm driving it.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote