ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   1990 Throttle hesistation (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21259)

Schrade 10-10-2013 12:05 AM

Re: Where has my DM log data saved to?

Quote:

Originally Posted by XfireZ51 (Post 184790)
Just attach the text file here in the registry.

Not sure exactly how to do that here Dominic...

Is it taking up too much server space? Or hard to follow? Or both???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franke (Post 184789)
Something else you might want to do next run time is select - view - histograms - enhanced. What you will see is the long or short fuel trims for the left and right sides. Its very interesting to see what happens when at idle and off idle in closed loop mode. You can also view this with the current data file you have by playing it back and then selecting view histograms.

Will do there Franke...

Franke 10-10-2013 12:31 PM

I wouldn't worry about the short term mix as it should change rapidly but the Lterm is quite a bit different from my car. My Lterm stays between 128 and 130 both sides. Since this is a snapshot in time it looks to me that the left side was quite a bit lean and the right side was slightly rich on this particular record which looks to be the last record recorded based on the black bar that moves across the screen. So observe the Lterm as the record runs from start to finish. Something else I see different is the voltage. Yours shows 12.7 volts but mine shows consistently at about 13.5 +/- .2 volts. Hmmmm..

Schrade 10-10-2013 01:56 PM

Hover mouse over 12.7, it says, "Ignition Voltage, Volts".

What is that? WHERE is that? Alternator Field Output on the output terminal? Actual voltage @ the battery? It DOES go up to 13.3 during the recording.

I enlarged the window, and recorded for YouTube - uploading now...

@ about 1/3 of the way through the stream, just as I exceed 1.6% throttle, it goes to Open Loop. Fuel Trim Cell also defaults.

TPS % will NOT register between 1.6%, and 2.4%. The TPS sensor and circuit are in perfect order.

Schrade 10-10-2013 02:38 PM

DM posted here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl4INfOBUiY

Franke 10-10-2013 04:30 PM

Wow, never seen that on my car. Voltage is ok then but why the single momentary open loop at initial 1.6-2.4 % tps? It seems as if there is a flat spot on the tps but I think you said you changed it. Correct? Also, have you ever replaced the O2 sensors? One side seems to be lean at idle.

Schrade 10-11-2013 03:50 PM

Fuel filter is replaced. We'll try a few times to double-prime the rails, and see if it will prime above 44 psi.

Then cap off the FPR and re-test, to check spring tension. Obviously no rupture in the FPR bladder, to the FPR vac hose, because there's no leakdown.

Ideas here?

GOLDCYLON 10-11-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schrade (Post 184949)
Where's the Auxiliary Fuse Block

Behind the glove box up in the harness area and there are two of em side by side. Bring a flash light and you best shove your head up the passenger knee bolster attitude. GC

Franke 10-11-2013 04:20 PM

Re: Throttle hesitation diagnostics?

Did you pull the vacuum hose to the FPR to see if any diff?

XfireZ51 10-11-2013 04:51 PM

Would you again describe the hesitation? When is it happening, what controls are in play? Are you surging at a steady idle?cruise?

Schrade 10-11-2013 05:04 PM

No - haven't tried with vac source off of FPR...

It holds perfect smooth steady idle at 0% throttle there Dominic. Only on SLOW pedal depression, @ 1.6% throttle, does it start to lope idle. No stumble, missing, anything. And in Cruise, any speed, it has 2mph swing.

After 2.4%, it smooths steady RPM increase again. I can replicate it accelerating, but only with LIGHT pedal increase.

I can't get a code to light up.