ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 11-18-2011   #1
rhipsher

Default Road racing tires.

I got a txt from Ted Zaleski asking If I'd like free set of slightly used road racing tires for the Z. I like free. The texture of them feels nothing like DR's or street tires. So far I've gotten free MT DR's mounted on Black amolds and a full set of road racing tires free. Awesome. Problem is I'm running out of room in my garage quick.

Plus while I was there I figured I'd snap some more pics of Mr ZR-1's toys.
Now keep in mind Teds got 5 C4 ZR-1's and his 09 ZR1.

This black on black 90 has 20k miles on it and Ted said most of those miles were put on at over 150mph road racing. I'ts not street driven and it's bone stock. We were under it and he was showing me the heat stickers he's put on the transmission that record the highest temps that it generates during the course of a road race. Very cool.

And of course the 09 is beautiful. We will probably be going to the next texas mile. He wants to stretch it's legs and see what it will do. And I want to see what mine will do.

Teds a walking encyclopedia of all corvettes. Knows where every component is and what it does. I am very lucky to live close to him.
He's not a forum guy. Not a member of any of them. Some people just arent.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #2
Daniel_Mc

Default Re: Road racing tires.

I need to get over that way and meet you and the rest of the Houston crew. I was over a month or so ago but it was a quick trip to MD Anderson and back.

Daniel
Daniel_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #3
threestar40

Default Re: Road racing tires.

I talked to Ted one time out in Big Bend at one of the Open Road Races we were entered in. Very cool Guy, Very Cool Car. In his black old Stock ZR-1 he owns most everyone one that enters the entire race except the unlimited guys.

I go as fast as I have the balls to drive my modded car and this guy gets me by 15 mph over the 118 miles feathering his car trying to average 150!

http://www.bborr.com/2007/2007results.html About 140 is all I got in me without more experience/training. I did it again in 2010 averaging about 135 over the 118 miles and I was going as fast as...again...as I had the balls to go over that course...wasn't allowed to go over 168...they are very strict about that out there, but still...a lot of it was spent right there at 168. It's the corners, bends, turns, and sweepers where you win in ORR. Very cool to see a post about him. Wish he would participate in the forums with us.

The real point is, our old Z's bone stock are capable of more than most of us have the balls to drive them for what they were truly built for.

meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'm broken...finally...hopfully its just clutch...but nasty sounds and some really nasty black oil spewed out of my bell housing between the motor and the tranny and I feel some vibration in the shifter knob...I was road racing at the time. Can't wait to pull the tranny and find out what failed...hope I didn't hurt the motor.

Rick
threestar40 is offline   Reply With Quote