ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-30-2012   #21
SteelBlueZR1

Default Re: Best months to sell?

The market is not only defined by what buyers will pay, but what amount owners are willing to sell their cars and what we owners believe is the value and inherent worth of the C4 Zr1...
It amazes me how willing some owners are to disparage the value that is inherent in a ZR1, which set a new world performance benchmark, with a hand-built engine - partially designed by Lotus, holding multiple endurance speed record for 11+ years, incorporating many modern technology firsts, and at the same time returning unbelievable fuel economy, torque and power curve, and engine durability/reliability for an exotic.
Maybe if we ZR1 owners stop devaluing our own cars on ZR1 Net Registry Forum, just maybe... buyers will also see their inherent value?
Haibeck chip, slotted rotors, camber brace, C-beam plates, OBX exhaust, Nitto NT555 tires
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SteelBlueZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #22
vilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlueZR1 View Post
The market is not only defined by what buyers will pay, but what amount owners are willing to sell their cars and what we owners believe is the value and inherent worth of the C4 Zr1...
It amazes me how willing some owners are to disparage the value that is inherent in a ZR1, which set a new world performance benchmark, with a hand-built engine - partially designed by Lotus, holding multiple endurance speed record for 11+ years, incorporating many modern technology firsts, and at the same time returning unbelievable fuel economy, torque and power curve, and engine durability/reliability for an exotic.
Maybe if we ZR1 owners stop devaluing our own cars on ZR1 Net Registry Forum, just maybe... buyers will also see their inherent value?
Good point.
1990 Bright Red ZR-1 #2599
vilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #23
Mystic ZR-1

Quote:
Agree 100%! But, you're preaching to the choir...
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #24
ZONER 95

Quote:

Very good points....its up to us, the current owners of these cars, to collectivly set the value....if not us then who?,,,,these cars have the potential of being the big block 67's of the C4 era...wake up people!
95 ZR-1 #178
Black/Beige
Dunn Heads
ZONER 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #25
AT T 2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo-1 View Post
What color and options does it have. What are you looking to get for it.
It is a torch red / torch red '94 that just turned 11k miles. It has the dual roof option and is all stock except for the Nitto tires, I still have the originals. It was one of the three cars used to write the '94 - '95 ZR-1 NCRS judging guide and scored a 98.7.

I am waiting to hear back from a couple of dealers at the moment. I would like to get 35k out of it, but not sure if that is possible in this economy. Based on the feedback here, I may hold off selling until spring.

Thanks for all of the feedback!
2008 Corvette Convertible
AT T 2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #26
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT T 2D View Post
It is a torch red / torch red '94 that just turned 11k miles. It has the dual roof option and is all stock except for the Nitto tires, I still have the originals. It was one of the three cars used to write the '94 - '95 ZR-1 NCRS judging guide and scored a 98.7.

I am waiting to hear back from a couple of dealers at the moment. I would like to get 35k out of it, but not sure if that is possible in this economy. Based on the feedback here, I may hold off selling until spring.

Thanks for all of the feedback!
Wow, an unmolested 94 with very low miles. This is a real test. It should get what you're asking and then some. And it is even the right color

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #27
Blue Flame Restorations

Why sell when you can buy another and have more than one?
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #28
BigJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame Restorations View Post
Now you sound like me!!!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #29
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Nobody is devaluing the price of the C4 ZR-1. I am a realist, I look at things for what they are, Not what I wish they were. It is a C4 ZR-1 that engine was designed by Lotus, Built by Mercruiser and tuned by very few highly qualified master mechanics. However the only way to control the price is own all of the cars. Ask Kurt White why he is getting 3 times the value for NOS emblems. He owns all the stock so he gets to set the price.
There are roughly 6000 ZR-1 still in the US, Our small group might own 20% to 30%. I hope you get 35K, That will only make mine worth more.

Your car is worth what you are willing to sell it for, Not a penny more or a penny less.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car

Last edited by cvette98pacecar; 10-01-2012 at 10:33 PM.
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #30
Meanmyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame Restorations View Post

My thoughts exactly. They ARE kind of like potato chips, aren't they?
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote