ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 03-21-2007   #11
Jeffvette

Default Re: Going to NCRS in August, need help

Hopefully you will correct some of the errors in the 90-91 book.
Old 03-21-2007   #12
Dave 90ZR-1

Ya I know. We are working on it. If anyone has any input we are always updating the Judging manuals.
Dave 90ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #13
Artic93

Forgive me , I am a newbie to the Corvette world, is there a manual available to the owners to use as a reference for getting the car to Top Flight status? Even if mine is a 93 would the 92 manual get the car close?
Artic93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #14
Dave 90ZR-1

The NCRS is in the process of writing the 1992-1993 Judging manual. The two years will be covered in one manual. I think they are going to be ready next year. If you are interested in NCRS judging look at there web site www.ncrs.org. You must be a National Member and should join a Chapter to get the most benefit from the organization. Order a copy of the "Corvette Judging Reference Manual" and the "1990-1991 Corvette Technical Information Manual & Judging Guide". These two manuals will give you most of the info on the judging process. When the 1992-1993 manual comes out get a copy of it and the "1992-1993 Corvette Operations Manual & Preformance Verification Test Guide". I think the 92-93 judging will start in 2008.
Old 03-22-2007   #15
Carl Hamilton

Dave: Thanks for the kind words. I am hoping I can get to the National this summer in Boston and try for the Crossed Flags. See you there. Carl
Carl Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #16
Dave 90ZR-1

Carl, I'm also going to Boston for Crossed Flags judging. Good luck.
Dave
Old 03-23-2007   #17
jr9170

Dave i am looking forward to the show.
jr9170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #18
Ed Hoffman

For those who may be submitting their 92-93 ZR-1's at an NCRS function, the first Flight judging meet will be in Leavenworth, Wa., in the middle of Sept., 07.
I had my 93 Ruby test judged in Las Vegas, the last part of April, 07. A lot of photos were taken and as a result the 92-93 judging manual is still a work in progress. I was advised I will receive the updated document prior to the meet in Wa. I received a 97.1 in the test judged phase. I can tell you the biggist hit I took was for 3 items. The air filter was 20 points, the battery was 35 points and the exhaust system was 20 points. That is a total of 75 judging points. By doing the math, that comes to a total deduction of 16 judging points. I have since replaced all the items with original equiptment except for the battery. You will not find a working AC Delco Freedom battery dated in 1993. So I replaced it with a current Delco and the deduction will be 20% of 35 points or 5 judging points. I calculate my total in this area will be 15 judging points, or a 98.6. What you are striving for is a score above 97.0
at a regional meet. Then the hard part starts. The next level is the Performance Verification test. Every working component must work the first time it is tested. I did a 1957, that had no major electronics, and it was very nerve wracking. The next and final level is you submit your corvette at a National Judging meet, and again score a 97.0 or better. I hope this helps those interested. I am still looking for the the grey foam air filter that goes with the engine compartment air pump, and the cloth, glove box item, that houses the two, wheel sockets.
Ed Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #19
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hoffman
For those who may be submitting their 92-93 ZR-1's at an NCRS function, the first Flight judging meet will be in Leavenworth, Wa., in the middle of Sept., 07.
I had my 93 Ruby test judged in Las Vegas, the last part of April, 07. A lot of photos were taken and as a result the 92-93 judging manual is still a work in progress. I was advised I will receive the updated document prior to the meet in Wa. I received a 97.1 in the test judged phase. I can tell you the biggist hit I took was for 3 items. The air filter was 20 points, the battery was 35 points and the exhaust system was 20 points. That is a total of 75 judging points. By doing the math, that comes to a total deduction of 16 judging points. I have since replaced all the items with original equiptment except for the battery. You will not find a working AC Delco Freedom battery dated in 1993. So I replaced it with a current Delco and the deduction will be 20% of 35 points or 5 judging points. I calculate my total in this area will be 15 judging points, or a 98.6. What you are striving for is a score above 97.0
at a regional meet. Then the hard part starts. The next level is the Performance Verification test. Every working component must work the first time it is tested. I did a 1957, that had no major electronics, and it was very nerve wracking. The next and final level is you submit your corvette at a National Judging meet, and again score a 97.0 or better. I hope this helps those interested. I am still looking for the the grey foam air filter that goes with the engine compartment air pump, and the cloth, glove box item, that houses the two, wheel sockets.
Got to love the NCRS guys and their commitment to the hobby.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #20
Z Factor

Question Re: Going to NCRS in August, need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hoffman
I have since replaced all the items with original equiptment except for the battery. You will not find a working AC Delco Freedom battery dated in 1993. So I replaced it with a current Delco and the deduction will be 20% of 35 points or 5 judging points. I calculate my total in this area will be 15 judging points, or a 98.6. What you are striving for is a score above 97.0
I am surprised they would expect it to function. I assumed that you could have the original in place for show but use a different one to arrive and leave. Can any old car really pass the battery criteria considering they go bad and there is no way to preserve them?

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote