ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-28-2013   #11
Paul in SC

Default Re: Z and a Greyhound

Lance,

So sorry to hear about Kate. It is never easy to say goodbye to any loved one, whether they are a person or an animal. The hurting for each one lasts a very long time.

Ann and I wish you well and hope you have lots of fun with Maxie for many years to come. Enjoy those rides together...

Paul
Paul in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013   #12
Blue Flame Restorations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZZR1 View Post
Lance

So sorry for your loss. Pets are children / family to all and anyone
who says they are just animals, doesn't understand

David

Totally agree with what David said.

Sorry about the loss, Lance
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #13
LancePearson

Life moves on as we all know. A few weeks after Kate passed away I listed on the National Borzoi Rescue site and filled out the application form thinking it would take a year and a half to get one which is what I wanted but wasn't willing to pay breeder prices for a show dog which are in the four figures. Well, five weeks later through a very lucky set of circumstances I drove up to D.C. Sat after hearing that I was a candidate for one Friday and picked up my new girl, Liliana, or Lili, who is an 18 month old apricot female Borzoi and great big, tall sweetie. She and Maxie, my other grey get along fabulously and we are all learning one another. To the vet to get her logged in this morning and as soon as possible a wellness visit from my vet. She is very healthy and will fill out and grow more of that gorgeous soft hair as she matures in her second year. Tall does not begin to cover it..7" taller at the shoulder than my greyhound. Long legs spread far apart front to back and they have a lope that eats ground, long hair flying. She is a great big sweetie. I don't have any good photos yet but A Russian Wolfhound (Borzoi) is pretty hard to miss. Most are not small animal (small dog and cat) safe as their prey drive is more than a greyhound's. Sweet to people and dogs more than 20#'s but my grey isn't small animal safe either so it does not matter. I got her because the rescue org. is helping place dogs from literally a mad Russian lady breeder who can breed but does everything else wrong with her Borzoi and is a pain to the organization..does not keep records, pay the AKC for papers, name the dogs, etc. I got lucky as Lili (Lilly pronounced) way earlier and she is not from an abusive situation where I have to have socializing of the dog to overcome it...not normal to be so lucky with adult rescues.

At any rate, we are back to two sighthounds, two Corvettes and me.

Sold my 19' sailboat in a week which I thought would also take a year..sold it for more than I paid for it. Was not using it.....so simplified.

Lance Pearson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg send Liliana today second day here.jpg (422.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg send maxie and lilliana.jpg (347.8 KB, 6 views)
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #14
FU

Good for you Lance , A rescue is the way to go ! They some how know that you rescued them and that makes it all the better.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #15
XfireZ51

Since we are close to the dog tracks in Wisconsin, there are quite a few rescued Greyhounds. It's something I have often thought about doing. We had a
Black Chow for 15years. She was great. Right now My wife has 3 cats. Waiting as they each pass away.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #16
RyanChappel

Default Rescue as a life choice....

We have practiced this for years. We have three collies; Champy came from a family divorcing and 'the dog has to go'. We got him at 10 months old, a week after we got a 9 week old, 'JJ', from a Central Indiana puppy mill. Our third, 'Patrick' came from a northern Indiana Humane Society shelter at about 9 months. Our fourth dog, Stevie Ray, came from the Boone County (IN) Humane Society. Our two thoroughbreds were race trained, one, having won $ 38K, was no longer useful, and the second had physical issues and never raced. Even our two cats came home from a barn, young enough that they never developed the feral mentality. One daughter has three dogs, all from difficult situations, one back-yard rescue, one found emaciated in a field, dumped, and the third literally traded for a Subway sandwich by a trucker who intended to dump the pup by the highway,'and let God determine'. The other daughter has a pitty who was a Katrina rescue, and three cats, one of which was in a litter found under a boat cover....

'The more I'm around people, the more I love animals'.!!

Present company excepted.
RyanChappel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #17
DennisC

Awesome enjoy glad it worked out for you, enjoy the company of mans best friend...
DennisC is offline   Reply With Quote