ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 10-27-2013   #11
mike100

Default Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder Question

Here were mine (old/new). Something doesn't look right on your part. Are the later years different than 90-91 slave cylinders?

Last edited by mike100; 10-27-2013 at 09:37 PM.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #12
rhipsher

Mine looks just like Mikes. The one you got looks fugly. I'd take it back and go down the street to a different auto parts store. I'll bet they give the right one.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #13
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiththreearms View Post
My clutch slave cylinder went bad; I bought a new one that is supposed to fit. The new one is a cast model and I can't make it fit.
Before you get another Slave Cylinder....set the old Slave Cylinder and new Slave Cylinder side by side to make sure of the issues...then take the old Slave Cylinder with you to the Parts Store
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #14
hth

Mine lines up exactly with my old one. I thought it was the 1990 that was different from all the rest. The 1991 and up is the one with the bleeder screw facing up at an angle. Or so I thought. Mine has a V shaped setup so that everything is facing the transmission tunnel and impossible to do anything with. I cussed at it for about two hours yesterday trying to make everything work.
hth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013   #15
ghlkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiththreearms View Post
I thought it was the 1990 that was different from all the rest. The 1991 and up is the one with the bleeder screw facing up at an angle.
I believe your are correct. The 1990 is different from the 91+
ghlkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #16
emmvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
Here is a site for ya they will rebuild yours and you don't have to worries about the fit.

http://www.powertorquesystems.com/
I 3rd that suggestion. If you want something that lasts just call Jim.
Old 10-31-2013   #17
Schrade

I have my master and slave (and a few other parts) from my automatic conversion. PM @ me if you need parts...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #18
hth

So this is a follow up post and a plug for Jim from the power torque systems web link mentioned above. I mailed my original slave cylinder off to him after a chat with him on the phone and I am very impressed with the work he did on it. He rebuilt everything for about $60 and had it turned around and mailed back to me 24 hours later. Installed everything back on the Vette and finally got to take back down off the stupid jackstands. I had no idea my slave cylinder was so worn out until I bled and installed the rebuilt unit. It was like learning to drive the Vette again! Kudos to Jim! he really saved my butt. If you are reading this thread and are in my shoes please don't hesitate to make use of his services.
hth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #19
gbmidyear66

Jim was also super helpful when I dealt with him. I bought a new SS from him (still need to send my old one back to him for rebuild) because mine was seeping fluid.

As long as I'd owned the car, it would never go into third gear cleanly, I assumed the synchro was bad. Once I replaced the SS, she shifts nice and smooth into third ever since.

If your SS is wet with fluid, call Jim and replace it!
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #2824
4.10's, Custom PROM, Flowmaster, Top End Port
NCRS BC Chapter
gbmidyear66 is offline   Reply With Quote