ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-31-2005   #1
Aurora40

Default F1 Supercars vs g-Force T/A KD's

Well, I'll probably be getting new tires in the next few months. Mine are fairly old so I'm not that comfortable with them.

Both tires are made in the US. The T/A's would be about $250 cheaper for all 4 tires. I don't care one bit about wet/bad weather handling, just dry weather. I don't drive any cars super hard on the street, except for some WOT blasts. Treadwear isn't an issue either, as I'll probably put 1-2k miles on in a year. So I don't want them to last longer than about 5 years anyway.

I think the F1's might be a better tire, but not sure if they are $250 better. I do like that they are Goodyears, though. The T/A's have a cooler looking tread pattern.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005   #2
Gasman57

Hello Aurora, I am about to install the KD's on my Z. I had them on my last Z also. My driving concerns are identical to yours and I was very happy when I had them on my last Z. I ordered them from Tirerack. I was undecided if I should get the KD's again or F-1's or D-3's. The salesman at Tirerack said to stick with the KD's (cheapest out of the three also) His opinion was that the KD's offered the best dry traction and also wear. I am far from an expert so I went with the KD's. Hope this helps.
1995 #205
Gasman57 is offline   Reply With Quote