ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-23-2007   #1
BBBAD94ZR1

Default CAR PRICES

Talk about prices going up take a look at this 87 GNX 109K and will most likley get more.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-...QQcmdZViewItem
So I laugh at all the guys that say the ZR1 is not old enough to fetch big dollars.
Just my 2 cents.
RAY
Old 07-24-2007   #2
WB9MCW

Default Re: CAR PRICES

Time will tell!

Until then hammer down!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #3
FU

Number 359 GNX .. wasn't that the last GNX made
If it was that may be the reason for the unusually high price.
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #4
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2DON
The last one made was 500 ( I think ). This car has hit a high of like 95k and I think somebody will end up spending over $100k for it.

If you look @ how the Grand Sport prices have risen, I think it is because the owners HOLD their prices higher and don't give in to "low ballers" (as Ray calls them).

Our cars have a certain mystique and will someday reach that "GNX" status in price and collectability.
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #5
BBBAD94ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennstatefootball
The last one made was 500 ( I think ). This car has hit a high of like 95k and I think somebody will end up spending over $100k for it.

If you look @ how the Grand Sport prices have risen, I think it is because the owners HOLD their prices higher and don't give in to "low ballers" (as Ray calls them).

Our cars have a certain mystique and will someday reach that "GNX" status in price and collectability.
I agree 100%.
Ray Look at a low mile Iroc-z they are going up also.
Old 07-24-2007   #6
BBBAD94ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2DON
I think it was actually 547.
Ray
Old 07-24-2007   #7
flyin ryan

Cool Re: CAR PRICES

the GN-X is one thing but what get's me is what 87 Grand Nats sell for? i can't believe what guys get for them, they built 20,000 for crying out loud, in 87 alone. i used to own one & they are pretty average, especialy the interior. not saying i hate them, i just don't get the money they bring all things considered.
Old 07-24-2007   #8
WB9MCW

You know I forgot all about the Clone GNX (was really a GN done up as a GNX) that I had a race with my 89 SC T-Bird.

had this ride to 179k miles longest I ever kept any ride to--

Naturally he got my by one car length at the hole shot but we held steady at that till we hit 125-- at that point his chip shut his engine off (areodynamic limit point the factory had set)-- I pulled right up next to him and motioned WTF we still have plenty of road left and then proceeded to pull away from him... Boy was he pissed as I caught up to traffic I let off and was down to abt 85 now and in his lane in front of him--he went by (in the right lane) at at least 100 plus and then weaved through three cars--I really thought he was gonna loose it but he didn't. But he was all over the road doing the weaving through--very dangerous too say the least--I would not even have tried that in any ride even a vette. I guess the guy was just really pissed that the Ford took his sorry azz so he drove like a madman-- I was just glad no innocent folks got hurt by that idiot and my guess is that the madman spent more money to figure a way to boost the PSI in the GN so the next stock SC Bird would not beat him the next time. A lot of show that fake GNX had but not a lot of go since my SC Bird was stock. Hell my current 97 Bird (my DD) is faster than the old SC ever was.

my DD 90k miles now

my old high school/university ride --kept this one till 150k miles and sold it to a Chicago Cop for $2,500 cash (wonder where he got all those benjamins from--LOL) He was gonna use it to tow his show Mustang to car shows!!!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote