ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-20-2016   #11
RussMcB

Default Re: Track Day Brake Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbszr View Post
I use the titanium plates also, I have never put them in when the pads are new, I think they will fit, but I thought they were kind of snug. Thought about try one on the piston side when they were new.

I also use Drm stainless pistols. I haven't had a boil yet. I have ran temp stickers on the calipers a while back, the piston area went over 230, the next sticker was 320, it didn't seem to reach that one. I have had them hotter since, because I felt a little fade at bowling green track for the first time.

Drm youtube sold me on the piston, https://youtu.be/IUMMn0ZY1So. I don't know if that's a good link, a search for drm stainless piston will find it. Not a exciting video, but interesting.
More great advice. Thank you. I agree - The video isn't exciting, but convincing.

I'll probably order some, assuming this price is for both front calipers. Anyone know (saving me a call to them)?

http://dougrippie.com/products/c4-st...liper-pistons/

Thanks also for mentioning that the titanium backing plates might be too tight for new pads. Hadn't thought of that...
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016   #12
lbszr

Default Re: Track Day Brake Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
More great advice. Thank you. I agree - The video isn't exciting, but convincing.

I'll probably order some, assuming this price is for both front calipers. Anyone know (saving me a call to them)?

http://dougrippie.com/products/c4-st...liper-pistons/

Thanks also for mentioning that the titanium backing plates might be too tight for new pads. Hadn't thought of that...
Yes, it was 4 piston.

When you put the seals in, I think it also depends what pads you will run, hawk hp plus would burn holes in the dust seal probably cause they were overheating and chunks coming off. For years I've cut the majority of the dust seal off and just used the portion that fits in the groove to act like a dust scraper, like a o ring, with the bellows partially melted away I hought it was worse than not having at all since race calipers don't use them. And to keep dirt out I also extend the pistons partially and clean them before pushing them in for new pads. Actually the seals have been like that for 4 years now. Just an option if you have problems with the seal melting. Some just totally leave the dust seal removed.