ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 10-17-2018   #41
Dynomite

Default Reno Air Races

Great Photo.....thanks Kenny

OOPS! I got distracted

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-17-2018 at 12:36 AM.
Dynomite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018   #42
zrfast1

Default Re: Maybe Clutch Switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX '90 ZR1 View Post
Yes, most of my mechanical background is in aviation. I have the A&P and used to have the IA, but mostly I was the "guinea pig" that got to test the limits and try to make them break! As I say, and others as well, " Flying is hours upon hours of boredom interrupted by moments of sheer terror!".
Here's a pic of one of my Reno races.
Attachment 8408
....And every landing is just a controlled crash.....if you can walk away ..its a good one. Lol
Great pic
zrfast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018   #43
djhome23

Quote:
Thanks. I think any tidbit of information is worth storing in the memory bank. Whenever I run across something I try to post it for others use. I know I scour the threads for information so turn about is just good manners.
To be clear, the initial no-start issue was the key lock cylinder in the column. Erratic resistance readings. I still have it bypassed and will change it sometime. The passenger door lock issue arose while in the midst of troubleshooting the original problem. It did not raise it's ugly head until I had eliminated the original problem.
I want to say THANKS in a big way for this thread. Just spent 3 months getting my 1993 back to a respectable shape. Basically it was delivered to me and I went to town on it. Didn't even put 1 mile on it.
Pictures here: dbgolf23.wix.com/1of1

But anyway back to my THANKS! I just finished everything other than the brakes and my 1993 was doing the same thing. Turn the key - NOTHING no crank...no security light...nothing but a slight dim like it was going to try to start - Now I have had the battery disconnected and reconnected as I went through the all the lights in the car. Bought a new Odyssey battery and still nothing.
Came to this thread and decided to just try the lock and unlock of the doors, shut them and open them a couple of times and again lock and unlock. Car fired right up!!!! No issues. So THANKS for posting these types of threads and keeping them here for all of us newer members to get some help!
1993 - ZR1 #135
djhome23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018   #44
TX '90 ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhome23 View Post
I want to say THANKS in a big way for this thread. Just spent 3 months getting my 1993 back to a respectable shape. Basically it was delivered to me and I went to town on it. Didn't even put 1 mile on it.
Pictures here: dbgolf23.wix.com/1of1

But anyway back to my THANKS! I just finished everything other than the brakes and my 1993 was doing the same thing. Turn the key - NOTHING no crank...no security light...nothing but a slight dim like it was going to try to start - Now I have had the battery disconnected and reconnected as I went through the all the lights in the car. Bought a new Odyssey battery and still nothing.
Came to this thread and decided to just try the lock and unlock of the doors, shut them and open them a couple of times and again lock and unlock. Car fired right up!!!! No issues. So THANKS for posting these types of threads and keeping them here for all of us newer members to get some help!
As I have mentioned several times: The cost of admission is only a drop in the bucket as compared to value received. If you own or are interested in C4 ZR-1's, you MUST be a member of the "Registry" !!!
1990 #442

Last edited by TX '90 ZR1; 12-18-2018 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Emphasis
TX '90 ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018   #45
djhome23

Quote:
As I have mentioned several times: The cost of admission is only a drop in the bucket as compared to value received. If you own or are interested in C4 ZR-1's, you MUST be a member of the "Registry" !!!
=D>=D>
AMEN BROTHER!
1993 - ZR1 #135
djhome23 is offline   Reply With Quote