Default Re: a 1990 red ZR1... coming to UK

Thanks again guys

you are going to have to excuse my ignorance here.....litres of 'hightest'

?.......fuel
xxxscimitarxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #12
DaveK

high test - four star (or five depending how long your memory goes back)
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #13
GOLDCYLON

yep 4 or 5 star petrol last time I looked it was called Super. We call it Premium here
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #14
xxxscimitarxxx

gotcha....yea i remember 5 star.....nectar

these days we have two types only in UK....unleaded and unleaded super both around the 95 octane rating....both about $8.75 per us gallon

would anyone reccomend using fuel addative on top of that

and tho going slightly off topic ....as a new owner ( tho not here yet ) lm interested in why lm seeing so many people on tech forum having running problems with their rides particularly those who have low mileage cars that are hardly used

I didnt buy mine to put in mothballs and its not going to be the car i would drive every day to the office in......but lm going to try to drive it every day it i could safely gaurantee it wouldnt rain in UK.....which means she could be offroad for weeks at a time anyway.....but

It seems to me that a lot of the probs people have with:- bad idling, stumbling, bad starting, flat spot accelleration, elec probs in general, are because they dont use the cars regularly enough.....or is it just the nature of the beast
Old 03-20-2008   #15
bobbyhi

I think the biggest problem is the stock fuel injectors. Seems as they go bad in the low mileage cars. These is also the "Dreaded NO START". Both are an pretty easy fix. The new injectors are spendy and you have to pull the plenum to install.
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #16
HIZNHRZ

Hey UK Guy, a big congrats on your purchase. Welcome to the ZR-1 NetRegistry!
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #17
djpatrick35

Congratulations on your new Z! Welcome to the madness!
[B]1990 Black ZR-1 #2212[/B] Totaled... :(
[B]2007 Z51 'vert :mrgreen:[/B]
[B]1988 35th Ann. Edition #962[/B] (Sold...) :cry:
djpatrick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #18
UKZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxscimitarxxx
gotcha....yea i remember 5 star.....nectar

these days we have two types only in UK....unleaded and unleaded super both around the 95 octane rating....both about $8.75 per us gallon

would anyone reccomend using fuel addative on top of that
Your stock Z will run just fine on regular 95 unleaded overhere. I believe our pump ratings varry slightly to the US in that our octane numbers are Ron and the US tends to use R+M/2
Red/red 90 #1281 (UK)
Marc Haibeck 368
B&B, Brembos
DRM suspension
Known as 'Gixer' on corvettechat.co.uk
www.corvetteclips.co.uk
UKZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #19
xxxscimitarxxx

Thanks for more info guys.....the king got collected a few days ago and is on a transporter road trip across the USA from cali to baltimore.....one day l will do that drive my self.
Old 06-06-2008   #20
xxxscimitarxxx

Default Re: a 1990 red ZR1... coming to UK....update

well....the king has arrived....hes in Southampton waiting for me while l am in Ukraine working....hmmmmm....do l just jack the job and go drive it

Oh well maybe not....

There is a saying in UK.....you wait hours for a bus...then three come along at the same time

welllll....about three weeks earlier my 1975 L48 has arrived....but all got fouled up with the docs by DAS (dependable auto shippers) who have since been better with service....but the promise of a financial compensation has not materialized.....oh well.....they wont get my next order......which brings me to the subject

I bought Kurt Whites yellow 1992 ZR1....which may turn into a historic race car on the english circuit.....

So....lve got three corvettes.....two in UK....one still in US....and l havent seen any of them in the flesh yet

But on return to UK on 26th....going to collect both....(freind and l driving).....and go straight to CCCUK corvette national event in UK.....lm sure there wont be two fresher cars off the boat there

I think l have a classic car attachment problem....need therapy

Dave